Chapter 6

The Gentle Knight

Since that day, Chaeyeon made sure to watch Minju everytime she got the chance, even though she knew better that at school no one would dare to mess with her. There were Eunbi and Chaewon. They were happy to kick anyone's asses anytime.

She and Eunbi were talking more now since they met at the bookstore. They would talk about others at practice, how and what they were practicing. Eunbi and the team were going to join dance competition in Busan, so they were training harder than usual nowadays. She invited Chaeyeon to watch the practice after work or anytime she had free time, which Chaeyeon gladly accepted. 

Minju noticed that Eunbi often greet Chaeyeon, Yena and Yujin and talked a bit first before joining Minju and the others. Yena and Yujin already knew about Eunbi from Chaeyeon, the night after they met. They were happy Chaeyeon had new friend since they knew Eunbi was a nice person. They also planned to talk with her about wanting Chaeyeon to join her dance club. They would try to record Chaeyeon's dance and showed it to Eunbi.

'What happened with Eunbi unnie and Chaeyeon?' Since when they are close?' Minju wondered. 

Not long after, Eunbi joined them with curious eyes watching her. Eunbi was confused.

"What's wrong?" Eunbi asked. "Why are you guys looking at me like that?"

Minju asked first. "Unnie, we never saw you talked with them before. You said that Chaeyeon only talked with her group, but now you talk with her, not to mention everyday?"

"My, my, Minju. Chill. If I didn't know you, I would think that you are jealous right now. Why are you so curious? Do you like her?" Eunbi smiled, teasing Minju.

"Unnie, I barely knew her except that her name is Chaeyeon, and her best friends are Yena and Yujin. How can you think that way?" Minju pouted. 

Eunbi laughed. "Hahaha, relax Minju. I was only teasing you. I know you don't swing that way." Then, Eunbi told them about Chaeyeon, on how she first met her at the bookstore until now.

'She worked?' What for? Is she having money problem? Is it related with the wounds?' Minju's brain couldn't stop thinking.

"Wow, I didn't expect her to work there." Chaewon said. "I mean she was very quiet all the time, and now she has to be friendly with every customer. Isn't that hard for her?"

"I know right!" Eunbi said. "I tried to ask Yoon Jung a bit about it, but she didn't want to tell me. She said it's not something that she could talk about, it's not her life. She didn't have the right to tell anyone if the said person doesn't wish anyone to know. But Chaeyeon did a great job though, she worked hard, helping customers and the team, also she looked pretty when she smiled."

Hitomi jumped in. "Now that I think about it, I think I saw that unnie before. I am not sure, since I only saw her back, but I think it's her. She was singing in our practice room, and it was beautiful. But after that day, I never saw her again in the practice room."

Yuri was watching her friends the whole time. She wasn't sure what to said, she knew already about Chaeyeon working at the bookstore and she was beyond happy for her, but seeing Eunbi and Minju was kinda getting curious about Chaeyeon's life disturbed her. Let's say she was not a fan of it, since she knew something about Chaeyeon that no one else knew, even Yena and Yujin. She was scared Eunbi would find that out, she was a great detective when she meant it.

She would just eyeing their friendship and warned Chaeyeon about this, just for her to be more careful around Eunbi. She knew Eunbi was a good friend deep down, but she just couldn't help being protective of her unnie. Chaeyeon had enough rough life already.

"By the way, Hitomi, I forgot to ask you. Why don't you join my dance club? You are pretty good at dancing, you know."

Hitomi hushed her. "No, unnie. I am not as good as you, I danced like robots."

"No, no. You have to believe me. You are good. Just come to our practice this Saturday, okay? 6 PM. I will tell Yoon Jung." Eunbi enthusiastically said while directing puppy eyes towards Hitomi.

After a while, Hitomi sighed and gave up. "Okay, I'll come."

"YEAH! The more the merrier. You guys can also come, you know. Or even join."

Chaewon replied. "No thanks, bye." 

The bell rang, and they walked to the next class together. As Minju walked, she felt like someone was watching her. Afraid that maybe there was stalker again, she looked around, then found Chaeyeon was watching her. As soon as they made eye contact, Chaeyeon got up and turned to other direction with her best friends.