Chapter 4

The Gentle Knight

"Yes, Kim Minju." Chaeyeon looked at Yujin. "The one that our Yujin likes."

"The one that she is never brave enough to talk to." Yena smirked. "Coward. Chicken."

Yujin fought back. "Don't say anything, Yena. You were also a coward back then, when you first fell in love with Yuri. Just looking from a distance, like some creepy grandma."

"Hey, I was not!" Yena pouted. "But at least, now we are friends, unlike you."

"Just wait, I'll approach her before you can shut your mouth."

"Hey guys, enough." Chaeyeon said. She had a lot of her minds already, no need for more. Bells rang. "Look, I got to head back. Take care, guys. Bye."

"Bye, Chae. Be careful."

Chaeyeon was walking to the school gate when she noticed someone was in front of her. She looked up and found that it was Minju, and alone.

'What is she doing here? Why must she be here? Whatever, I'll just ignore her.'

Minju saw Chaeyeon walking towards her, but kept looking down. She was a bit hurt, because Chaeyeon still ignored her, but she still wanted to talk to her. 

"Hey, Chaeyeon."

Chaeyeon was surprised that Minju called her despite of her ignoring Minju all day.

"Oh hi. Sorry, but I thought I'd told you to just pretend that you don't know me." It was colder than Chaeyeon wanted, but she kept straight face.

Minju smiled sadly. "I just want to make sure that you are okay. It doesn't hurt, right?"

"Why do you care? I mean, we never talk to each other anyway." 

"You fainted right in front of me, how can I not care? Why are you being like this? I'm not making you mad or anything."

Chaeyeon sighed. She didn't need this right now, she really had to go home. "Okay, it's my fault. I'm sorry. I'm fine, okay? Next time, don't need to talk to me. Take care, Minju."

'What's her problem? Why is she acting like that? Ugghh. I don't care, I'm just going to keep talking to her every time I meet her.' Minju made up her mind. 'But what if the others asked her about Chaeyeon? About how they knew each other and stuff.

Minju decided to change her mind. She couldn't tell anyone about how she met Chaeyeon, she would not like that. 'For this time being, let's just watch her from afar.

Minju opened her locker, and she stared long at something inside.

It had been happening since a year ago, someone always put gifts inside her locker. She had no idea how someone could open her lock. She gave up on changing the code on the third lock. 

Today, there's another gift, chocolate and gummy bears. She wondered who is this person. It's been a year, but they hadn't given up. No clues on them also. She also had talked to Eunbi and Chaewon about this, but they never found out. 

She decided to left a note to the secret admirer. 

'Hey, it's already a year since this started. Don't you think it's time for you to show up in front of me? I really want to know who you are."

'Hopefully they will find this note. This person knows me well, they know what food and drinks that I like, They also got me my favorite book on my birthday. I, at least, want to say thank you.'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While Chaeyeon was taking care of her grandma, Yena called her and said that the bookstore near her school were looking for part-timer. Chaeyeon immediately went to interview and got accepted. She might have spilled some of the problem that she had, but her new boss was so nice, even though she looked scary at first. Her name was Bae Yoon Jung. The pay was more than she expected. She told Yena and Yujin that she got accepted, and she would start working tomorrow. They were happy to hear that. They congratulated her, and said that they would treat her lunch tomorrow.

Chaeyeon went home and also told her grandma the good news.

"Oh baby, I'm so happy for you." Her grandma smiled. "I'm so sorry I can't help you right now." 

"No need, grandma. You just have to rest and get well soon. That'll make me happy already. I got this." Chaeyeon smiled. "Trust me."

Her grandma also smiled. "Okay, sweetheart. But don't overwork yourself. I'm not going to be happy if you got sick. Also, don't forget about your school."

"Okay, grandma. Come on, let's sleep." Chaeyeon got up and headed to the door. "Good night, grandma. I love you."

"Good night, baby. I love you, too."