Dandy Style~

Love Artist {HIATUS}

                                                  Youngmin's POV:

   I touch Jeongmin's face. He's smiling at me, looking about ready to laugh, like he always is. He's wearing this kind of gangster outift, similar to the one that he wore during W Academy, but less flashy. I run my hands down his shoulders and feel his palms. 

   "Whoa - Mi-Cha, he feels so rough!" I exclaim. 

   "Well, what do you think~he's a statue," she says, smiling. 

   "But...he's so life like," I say. I wave my hand over his face, half expecting his eyes to follow. "All it needs is a mirror in front of it and it would be just like as if he were real." 

   She laughs. "That's really funny~" 

   I feel a sense of accomplishment that I'd made her laugh. Her laugh is really nice neh~ 
   
   "I like what you're wearing today," she compliments me. 

   I look down at myself. I'd worn all black, with a black scarf and boots. A black hat is on my head, and the only thing that wasn't black was my white gloves. 

   "Ah~You really like it? I call it Dandy Style~" 

   "Haha~Does that mean just to wear all black?" she asks. 

   "Ah, I guess. I don't really know what Dandy Style means myself..." I admit, and we laugh. 

   "So, what are we going to do today?" I ask her. 

   "You said you wanted me to paint you, right?" she says. 

   "Ah, yeah, I was hoping somewhere outside, but it looks to be a little bad..." I say, pointing out the window. 

   We look out through the glass, looking at the grey tint of the sky and the slight drizzle. I shrug my shoulders and look at her. 

   "I guess we'll just have to paint inside today," I say. 

   But she's still looking outside, looking immersed in what she's seeing. 

   "Aniyo," she says. "We don't have to stay inside." 

   "What?" I ask. "But it's really bad out today -" 

   "Actually," she says. "Today looks to be a very Dandy day~"

   She looks at me and raises her eyebrows, a twinkle in her eyes. 

   What is this girl planning....  

   ---------------------------------

   "Ooo~Youngmin, this is a perfect spot~!" she says, jumping up and down. 

   We'd decided to go outside. We'd brought a bunch of umbrellas, and I was holding one over her and her canvas, trying to not get her wet. She didn't seem to care. 

   "Mi-Cha! Try to stay underneath the umbrella! Mi-Cha! Jebal, you'll become sick!!" 

   "Ah that doesn't matter, I never get sick," she says, waving away my warnings. "Now go stand over there." 

   She sets down her canvas and easel, paintbrush in mouth and an umbrella over the canvas so it won't get wet. We're in a deserted place, with a narrow street. There are no cars out, and the sky is grey and the wind is flapping my clothes. A shiver passes through me and I hug myself.

   "Um...are you sure that doing this out here is a good idea?" I ask. 

   She smiles at me, eyes gleaming.

   "What, are you scared of a little rain?" she teases.

   I pout. "No," I deny. "I'm just a little cold, that's all."

   "Can't take the cold, then, huh, pretty boy?" she asks.

   I set my chin determinedly.
   "Of course I can!" I say. "It's just you that I'm worried about. You know, since you're a girl and all."

   She rolls her eyes, and laughs. 
   "You don't need to worry about me, I'm fine," she says. "Just go over there and try to give me a pose." 

   I nod and walk down the street, and then I face her, expressionless. She uncaps a bottle of paint and starts going at it immediately. Gusts of wind blow at me, but she had instructed me to stay still, so I ignore them. 
   After a while, I get bored so I start to make coversation with her. 

   "Hey, Mi-Cha, do you really think that we're a good theme for your second chance?" I ask her. I've actually been wanting to know this for a little while. I mean, what was so special about us?

   She smiles at me. 
   "You know, I have a weakness," she admits. "I...always seem to become defeated when it comes to beauty." 

   She sweeps her hand up the canvas, making a long grey . 

   "So are you implying that we're beautiful?" I ask. 

   "I'm not implying it," she says. "I'm saying it. You guys seem to give off this sort of beauty." 

   I'm silent for a while. Then I grin over at her. 
   "So how would you rate me?" I ask her. "From one to ten, how beautiful is my beauty?" 

   "Oh, you're a ten for sure," she says. 

   I laugh. 
   "Then....what's Kwangmin?" 

   "A ten." 

   Well, he is my twin so he might as well have the same rating as me...
   "How about....Hyunseong?" 

   "Ten." 

   "Donghyun?" 

   "Ten." 

   "You're not being fair! You're saying that all of us are tens!!" I say, insulted. 

   "Because you are all beautiful. I can't just choose between you," she says, like it's obvious. 

   "Then what about Minwoo and Jeongmin?" I ask. 

   Suddenly, she hesitates and blushes. I raise my eyebrows. 
   "What...aren't they tens as well?" I ask her, narrowing my eyes.

   "I...I guess so..." she says. "I...I don't know..." 

   I pout.
   "Mwuh...how come they get special treatment and I don't??" I ask.

   "I don't know...I....can we just go back to painting?" she asks me.

   I shrug. "Kay." I get back into position and try to keep from pouting as I watch her.

   ---------------------------------

   "Uwah~is this really me?" I ask her. "It look so cool~" 

   She was right about painting outside. The dreary and grey weather fit the mood of what I wore, and had complimented my clothing, making the black stand out. The wind helped also - my clothes were swirling around me so I looked really awesome.

   "You think so?" she asks. There's a hint of pride in her voice. "I call it Dandy Style~" 

   I laugh. "I think that's a perfect name." 

 

                                             Mi-Cha's Perspective: 

   I wave goodbye one more time as I watch Youngmin walk to Boyfriend's van and drive off. Minwoo's in the back seat, and he looks like he wants to come out, but Donghyun pulls him back in before he can. The last thing I see is him mouthing "I'll Call You" as they drive off. 
   A few minutes later, my phone rings and I pick it up, already smiling.

   "Minwoo oppa?" I ask into the phone. 

   "How'd you know it was me?" he asks. "Oh, right, I mouthed the words to you..." 

   I laugh. "You're so forgetful..." 

   "Hey, I'm not forgetful...!!" 

   "Yeh, you are, pabo," I say teasingingly. 

   "Why are you so mean to meeee~" he says, sounding sad. 

   "Oh, mianhe, oppa," I say quickly. 

   I can practically hear his smirk through the phone. "Yeah, you better be sorry~" 

   I roll my eyes. 

   "So how was it today?" he asks me. 

   "It was fun. Youngmin did really good at posing. I have a really dandy painting of him," I say, smiling to myself. "Oh, and can anybody come in the next few days? I have some new ideas for some other people." 

   "Yeah, about that,,,We're kind of busy for a while. This week we're all booked - we've got fan signings and performances and we're starring in Weekly Idol..." 

   I try to hide the disappointment in my voice. "...Oh." 

   "So I was wondering if you might want to watch us perform," he adds. "I know that you're not really interested in that kind of stuff but it would make me really happy if you got to -" 

   "I'll go," I say immediately. 

   "What?" 

   "I'll go," I repeat. "I really want to see you guys perform." 

   "Really?" his tone is really excited. "Okay! I can give you backstage passes and tickets~! And after the show we'll hang out, ara?" 

   "Deh, sounds like a plan," I say. "See you then." 

   We talk for a little while more, and then Donghyun's voice comes on the other line yelling at us to get off the phone because there's a call waiting. 

   "Oh, mianhe oppa - " 

   The dial tone goes on. 
   I sigh. 

   "What did I do to make Donghyun oppa hate me so much, I wonder..." I say softly to myself. 

   I open up my sketchbook and look at the picture I'd drawn of Minwoo and blush. 

   "And you..." I whisper. "Why does my heart beat so loudly when you're around?" 

   Then for some reason, Jeongmin's face flashes through my mind. The time when he had stepped up and spoke out, saying that he would help me replays and I smile softly at the memory.
   We haven't helped you. Yet.
 
 I smile quietly to myself. Jeongmin oppa is such a kind soul. I wonder why my heart beats loudly when I'm around him as well. 
   I didn't want to tell Youngmin this in case I would hurt his feelings, but I think that these two boys are the ones that are rated far more greater than ten. To me, those two are...special. 

   I really can't wait until I can see them - in person - again. 

 

 

 

______________________________________________________________________

Thank you for reading the sixth chapter~!! 

I hope you enjoyed~! I just finished watching all the episodes of W Academy and I think that it's really cute how Youngmin had made up his own little style~ :3 

Please comment and subscribe~!