Put Feeling Into It

Love Artist {HIATUS}

                                                Mi-Cha's Perspective: 

   "Umma!" I yell as I burst through the door to my house. "Umma, I'm home!"

  "Finally!" my umma says. "I just called your cell phone and -" 

   "Yeah, okay, you can tell me later, but do you have it??" I ask her anxiously. 

   She pulls a large manila envelope from behind her back and waves it in front of me. 
   "Neh, it's right here," she says, and I grab it from her hands eagerly. 

   "If you're wondering if I'd looked at it before, I kept my promise and waited for you," she tells me. "You've worked so hard, and I'm so proud of you~Remember to tell me if - no - when you get in," she says, winking before she leaves the room. 

   With trembling fingers, I finger the envelope. 
   What will happen when I get there? I wonder. Will I like it there? Will many people be better than me? 
 
 I'm not patient enough to open it carefully, so I rip it open and pull out the letter. I can barely breathe from the anticipation. Unfolding the paper, I look down at its contents and...

   My heart sinks. 

   "We're sorry to inform that your application to the Korean School of the Arts has been denied," I whisper on a breath.

   I...didn't get in?
   My body feels numb. I had worked so hard - made countless projects, did everything I could in my spare time just so I could go to this school, just so I could make Appa and Jae Ha proud .....and I didn't get it?!
   I had done so much all for a damn rejection?!?! 

   I feel tears start to form in my eyes. 
   I try to cover up my sobs by blocking my mouth with my hand, but umma hears me anyway and rushes into the room, expression worried. 
   When she sees my face, her face hardens and she turns back towards the kitchen. 

   "I'm going to give those people a piece of my mind," she growls. 

   I catch her arm before she can head for the phone. 

   "Aniyo....umma, if they had rejected me, then I was obviously not good enough. I guess I just underestimated their standards. Please don't call them..." 

   "That's nonsense! Your artwork is incredible. I have always been so proud of you for that, and your...your father has always been so proud of you..." All her words are doing are making me cry even harder so she pulls me in for a hug. "You've worked so hard...no one deserves this more than you do..." 

   Faintly, I hear the doorbell ring. 

   "I'm not going to get it," umma tells me, and I nod into her shoulder, tears staining her shirt. 

   But then the doorbell rings again and again, getting more urgent every second. 

   "Whaaa - such rude people," umma growls as she leaves my side and heads for the door. 

   I rush up the stairs before umma can open the door. I don't want anybody to see my tears, 
   I wonder who it is....

 

                                                      Minwoo's Perspective: 

   We had finally managed to sneak away from everybody when Jeongmin had created a diversion by snatching the photographer's wig off and passing it to a dog, who had run off happily with the hairpiece in its mouth like it was his new favoite chew toy. 

   Donghyun had taken the easel while I took the canvas. Hyunseong, Youngmin and Kwangmin carried Mi-Cha's various paints and brushes, and all Jeongmin carried was Mi-Cha's cellphone, which he scrolled through leisurely as we headed towards the address Mi-Cha's umma had given to us. 

   "Jeongmin, you really shouldn't be looking through Mi-Cha's cell phone," Hyunseong advises him. 

   "Remember what I said about being no fun~" Jeongmin sings. 

   "I just don't think that it is very kind to be doing that -" 

   "Hey, it says here that her favorite food is tteobokki~" Jeongmin teases. 

   "Uwah~Really? that's my favorite~!!" Youngmin says, moving closer to look at the phone. 

   "Ugh, I give up," Hyunseong says, 

   I ignore them. 
   What I'm really thinking about is Mi-Cha. 
   Does she have a nice personality? I bet she does, for someone that can make such magnificent things. I've heard alot of times that artsy people can be really snobby, but when I'd looked at the photo of her and that woman, with her careful smile and delicate face...She doesn't look like a snobby person at all. 
   I hope that I can get to know her...

   "Minwoo," Donghyun hyung says. 

   "Ah...neh, Hyung?" I answer him. 

   "What are you thinking about?" 

   "Oh, I'm just wondering how Mi-Cha will be like," I reply. 

   "You know, we can't get any close to her," Donghyun tells me. "After we give her back her things, we have to forget that today had ever happened." 

   "Neh, Hyung. I know that." 

   I look down at the painting. Mi-Cha had captured Donghyun's image so perfectly - he was looking out over us, like a parent to his children. I don't think of him as a father though, more like a big brother than anything, and I really respect him alot. But sometimes it's hard to follow his orders. 

   Finally, after what feels like an hour of walking, we reach the address Mi-Cha's umma had directed us to. 

   "Are you sure that this is the place that we're supposed to be at?" Kwangmin asks. 

   "Neh, I'm sure," Donghyun answers. "I am the leader, aren't I?" 

   "Okay, if you say so," I say. 

   Hyunseong presses the doorbell nervously and we wait. 
   A few seconds pass. Then a minute. Then a few minutes.

   "Are you sure you pressed the doorbell right?" Jeongmin asks Hyunseong.

   "Yes, I'm sure. How else could someone press a doorbell?" Hyunseong says. 

   "Try again," I say. 

   He presses it again and we wait. There's still no answer. 

   "You're doing something wrong," Youngmin says. 

   "Try putting more pressure into it," I suggest. 

   He presses it again. 

   "No, more better," Jeongmin says. 

   "Yeah, put more feeling to it," Kwangmin says. 

   Hyunseong presses it again and again. 
   After a minute of this, he drops his hand and faces the ground. 

   "I feel so incredibly...stupid," he groans. "I can't believe that you all just told me to put feeling into a doorbell."

   "Maybe they're not home," Youngmin says. 

   "Or maybe we got the address wrong," Kwangmin suggests. 

   We all look at Donghyun. 

   "Mwah? I got the address right," he says persistently. 

   Hyunseong steps aside. 

   "Then would you like to try putting feeling into this doorbell?" he asks sarcastically. 

   "Fine," he says, and walks up to the door. He pushes the doorbell multiple times. 

   We wait again. 
   No answer. 

   "See, we told you that this was the wrong add -" 

   The door swings open and the woman from the photograph steps out, hands on her hips. She looks really really angry. I gulp. 

   "Whaa - you are all so RUDE!" she yells at us. "I'm trying to comfort my daughter here and all of you are ringing the doorbell like it's a competition!!" 

   We shift around uncomfortably. 
   Awkwardly, we let her yell at us for a few minutes before I step forward. 

   "Ahem," I say. "Ah, mianhae, but we are the ones who found your daughter's things at the park." 

   There's a moment of silence as she takes in the materials we're holding. 

   "...Oh," she says, then she thumps the palm of her hand on her forehead. "I forgot all about you! Come in, come in. Kamsahamnida!" 

   We obediently stroll in through the front door. 
   Their house is really humble looking. The couches are decorated with doilies and other decor is spread around the place.   Paintings, drawings, sketches and even sculptures clutter every nook, and each are all equally beautiful. There are multiple sketches of the same two people - a man and a boy. 
   The man looks somewhat like Mi-Cha, with the same intelligent looking eyes and calm smile. The little boy seems to have most of her slenderness, but with a reckless, dancing expression and a playful grin on his face. 

   "You can bring everything up there," she points towards a little staircase. "Just set it all in her room. Thank you again~!" 

   We all nod like the polite manner-filled boy band gentlemen we are, and start up the stairs. 

   "Uwah~you're all so pretty~!" we hear her gush behind us. 

   "Kamsahamnida~" we all chorus. 

   We find Mi-Cha's room almost immediately. 
   For one thing, the door has little paintings and sketches on it, like she had painted right on the wood. And also...MI-CHA was written in big bolded letters at the top. 

   I knock hesitantly on the wood. 

   "Please go away, umma," we hear a small feminine voice say. "I just want to be alone." 

   "Uh, we're kind of not your umma," Kwangmin says. "We're the ones who brought back the things that you left at the park." 

   There's a brief moment of silence, and then there's some shuffling noises. The door opens a little and a big brown eye peeps out, widening when she sees us. 

   I feel my heart accelerating as she opens the door fully, and I have the sudden urge to fix my hair. 

   She looks even more pretty in person. Her eyes are rimmed with red, like she had been crying before we came, but her expression is strangely hopeful and enchanted. 

   "You are the beautiful boys from the park," she says almost barely audible. 

   "Um, y-yes, I g-guess we are," Jeongmin stutters. That surprises me. Jeongmin isn't shy. He doesn't stutter. 

   "Please, come in," she says. 

   We walk in awkwardly. 

   "Where do I put this?" Donghyun asks, lifting the easel up. 

   She motions towards a spot in her room, and I place the canvas. 
   Her room is really creative. The walls - which I'd thought to have some really decorative wallpaper, but then figured out that it was not - has paintings of beautiful things. I'm awed by its magnificence. There's a bunch of canvases and sketchbooks stacked atop one another, and bunches of color and drawing utensils litter the area. 

   "Okay then," Donghyun says, clasping his hands and then rubbing them together. "I think we should go now." 

   Reluctantly, I start to head for the door, when I feel someone grab on to my wrist. Startled, I look back to see that Mi-Cha is the one that has hold of me. 

   "Please," she says. "Can you stay for a litte while?" 

   My heart beats faster and I feel my palms start to sweat. 
   Why am I so nervous? 

   "W-why?" I stammer.

   She blushes a little and looks down. 
   "I....I would like to draw you." 

 

 

 

 

______________________________________

I hope that you enjoyed the second chapter~!!!
KAMSAHAMNIDA FOR READING!
COMMENTS AND SUBSCRIPTIONS ARE VERY WELCOME~!!

PS. Sorry if it's kind of bad; it was supposed to be longer but my brother goofed around and deleted the whole thing before I saved it, so I had to redo it all over again... >_< But I hope that you will continue to read throughout~~!!!