Chapter #1

Of All Places
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tick-tock…

Tick-tock…

Tick-tock…

Tick-tock...

Chaeyoung's eyes can barely focus on the chalkboard as her algebra teacher yaps about x's and y's. 

She leans forward on her desk, puts her chin on her palm and sighs. 

The past 3 hours had been rather uneventful for her, it's a pain that she has to sit through an hour of endless yapping from her teacher. Stifling a yawn she looks over to her seatmate Seoyeon who, miraculously, is jotting down notes. 

This can't be real. She rips off a page of her notebook, crumples it into a ball and waits for her teacher to turn his back.

Once he does, she aims at her seatmate's head and throws.

Direct Hit.

Seoyeon's head whips toward the perpetrator and she scowls. "Yah. What was that for?" 

Chaeyoung holds back a laugh and points at her friend's notebook. "The question is, what are YOU doing?" 

Seoyeon tilts her head to the side with a confused expression and raises her notebook. "This?" Chaeyoung nods.

"I'm just drawing. Here look what I drew," Seoyeon shows her seatmate her drawings "See? This is Jiwon-unnie" she points to a drawing of a short human-like thing holding a megaphone. 

Chaeyoung is impressed, not because of Seoyeon's drawing skills but because of how accurate it is.

"I swear I think I need to see a doctor if I have damaged hearing" Chaeyoung says and Seoyeon can't help but to chuckle and respond with a 'Yeah'.

"Where does she even get that energy-"

"Lee Chaeyoung!" 

Chaeyoung hurriedly stands up, her chair toppling backwards in the process, and looks at her teacher wide-eyed. "Yes, sir?"

"No talking in class, do you want me to put you in cleaning duty today?" she can feel her ears grow hot as her classmates stare at her, and her one and only friend in this room to just snicker quietly beside her.

"N-no sir, I apologize" she bows and just as she was about to pick up her fallen chair, the bell rings.

"All right class, dismissed."

Chaeyoung glares at her friend beside her, she can't believe the nerve of this girl to just laugh at her like that.

"I'm going to tell Jiwon-unnie what you drew" she declared and pointed at Seoyeon dramatically.

Seoyeon rolled her eyes and waves off the finger pointing at her. "Stop being a drama queen already, let's go to the cafeteria and meet up with the unnies. I heard it's pizza day"

At the name of food, Chaeyoung grabs her friends arm and leads her out the door. "Why are you still talking then? Let's hurry up!"

Seoyeon shakes her head before allowing herself to be dragged away by this giant of a friend.

The smell of food hits both girls as they enter

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter