Chapter 1

Undercover

Darkness is all around you. The putrid smell of human waste and decaying matter fill your nostrils as you kneel behind the large, rusty garbage disposal that had tipped over in the alley way. The only reassuring sight you could see was the reflection of the full moon in a puddle of unknown substance. You glance at your watch and alarm sets in as you see that he is five minutes late. He should have ran out by now, with the target pursuer following. You trace the dirt crusted lines of your palm as you wait impatiently, trying to convince yourself that he had not committed a fatal mistake, after all it was SeHun, one of the only people you could trust in this world of deception and crime that you lived in.

The sudden banging on the door that led from the suspicious nightclub to said alleyway you were crouching in brought you out of your daze of emotions. The door slammed open and a familiar figure with a mop of light brown hair dressed in grey and white ran out and you let out a breath of relief you did not realize you were holding in. But this was short-lived as another figure followed, hunched over and seemingly unstable and drunk. This was it. This was him, the guy they had been looking for over the past two weeks, the one that had been keeping them up training until 12 o’clock am,  the one that had committed treason by stealing one million dollars from their current client, whom he had previously been collaborating with, and was using it for his own ends. Ends that involved drugs and other illegal dealings.

You roll out from your safe spot behind the garbage disposal and land gracefully on your boot-clad feet. Sliding a small revolver from the inside of your black jacket you expertly point the gun at the drunk man’s chest. He slowly but deliberately raises his head to reveal a red face with deep wrinkles and a permanent scar running across. Hideous, you think, a face that matches his personality. He slowly slid his dazed and glassy gaze up and down your body before stopping right on your face.

           “ So they sent you guys huh?...... should’ve known, the Head is extremely naïve, thinking he can eliminate me with their two youngest agents?” He says this with a chuckle that explodes into a drunken fit of laughter. “not to mention, they think a stupid, petty little girl, can destroy me?!”

But before he can even utter another word, or take another shaky breath in his state of stupor, you pull the trigger and watch as a scarlet red bloom appears on his soiled white collared shirt. You realize you are shaking, the words he said really hit a sensitive nerve, and when you were pissed off there was no predicting what you would or could do. You watch has his body collapses to the ground, landing into a pile of leaves and waste. Clipping the gun onto your leather belt, you turn to your partner and best friend, Sehun, who was crouched over in the shadows.

        “, are you okay?” you ask as you run over and kneel in front of him, gently touching his shoulders.

        “” he groans, “I think he got me in the side with his stupid pocket knife”, I was so sure he was unarmed though,  Key said there would be ordered security at the door to make sure he didn’t have weapons before entering the club. “He must have sensed something suspicious and snuck it in the night before”.

         “Let me look at your wound” you say, and you sigh with relief as you see it was not a deep cut, the blood was already beginning to clot itself. He looks up at you with his warm brown eyes, eyes that could make you feel safe no matter what life-or-death situation you were in.

          “Enough about me, are you okay?” he asks with an anxious, worried tone. You sigh and stand up to show that you are unhurt and move over to cover up the body which was now immersed in a bright red pool of blood. Of course this was just to stall and give them time to escape the scene before the dead man was discovered, before they became too suspicious.

          “Key told us to wait for him under the street lamp of 55th street, the one around the corner, we have to leave right now before people discover us” you tell Sehun while taking his arm and swinging it around your shoulder. He groans a little when you accidently bump into his side. “you got the money right?”. He nods with his eyes scrunched up in pain as he reaches with a blood stained arm to retrieve a dusty envelope from his back pant pocket.

          “mission successful” you say with a satisfied smirk as you guys walk, or more rather, limp out of the alley way.

      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

          Key was there, precisely on time, right on the dot, of course he would be you thought, he was probably the most organized, neat, and obnoxious squad leader ever, but despite his feminine looks and superb sense of style he was deadly.

                “Why the are you guys late?....scared the out of me, do you know what would have happened if you two died? The Head would ing kill me too!”  he screams. You give him a look as you and Sehun climb into the car. Key glares at you from his position at the steering wheel, and though you have convinced yourself that his abrasive and piercing gaze did not scare you, you could not help but flinch a little.

                 “geez, calm down” Sehun says with a grin as he pulls out the envelope that contained 1 million dollars. And despite being known as the ultimate badass with a diva attitude Key squealed like a little girl as he snatched the envelope away from Sehun’s hands.

“I am so getting promoted for this” Key says as you guys headed back to the institute.