First Class

Cooking with Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was the first week of classes and everyone was panicking. There were music students running to class carrying their big instruments. While the fashion students ran with hangers full of clothes. Momo was slightly nervous but wasn’t about to run to class.

But she was thinking about what happened two days ago when some girl knocked her down.

~

“MY INGREDIENTS!!”

“I’m so sorry. Let me help you.” said the blonde girl trying to pick up the apple and heavy cream.

As Momo was looking at the girl she noticed lots of bruises around her knees. She wanted to ask if she was okay but she also wanted to mind her business.

“Look where you go.” said Momo trying to remember any Korean word that she could.

“So sorry I really didn’t mean to. My friends call me clumsy every time because of this. Oh and are you Japanese?” the girl said giving Momo her food.

“Oh yeah I am. Look I really have to go. Please just watch where you go. Also be careful next time.” said Momo while looking at the bruises again which didn’t get unnoticed by the girl.

“Thanks.” the girl said with red tints in her cheeks. Momo didn’t see as she already started to walk away.

~

Whatever that girl was weird anyways. Do I have my recipe book?

As soon as Momo stepped into class she knew that this school was at the top. The room was so big it could fit between 100 - 150 students. It had a big television screen in the middle of the room for the students in the back of the class.

But was amazed Momo was the fact that this class was only for Japanese students. She thought she would have hard time due to the language but when she heard that classes are run by language and major she was amazed for sure.

Momo went to the middle and chose a table which had pans, pots, spatulas, and etc of the finest material. Material that Momo wished she had. There was a huge refrigerator in the back for ingredients such as eggs, milk, onions, and etc.

How much does all of this cost? This pan costed my entire paycheck back home. Don’t stress Momo you got this.

Momo began to get even more anxious the more she observed the classroom. She thought she would be in kitchen like the ones in the restaurants not in a big room with her own desk.

“Welcome class please get settled in we will begin soon.” said the professor who seemed intimidating as she had short hair and a mole. She almost looked like that character from Ratatouille

“Today we’re going to do the classic dish omurice.” she said through her microphone.

“I understand that there are about 100 students here so there will be four groups. The left front side is one group, the right front group is one group and the same thing for the back. The recipe in the the drawer you have 1 hour to make this dish.” she continued looking at everyone with anticipation.

“Begin. I will taste everyone’s dish including my 3 assistants. Good luck everyone!” she said with a smile.

Okay it’s omurice. That’s simple an omelet with fried rice and ketchup on top. I’ll make my unique but adding patterns on the omelet. You got this Momo.

As Momo went to the fridge to get what she needed. She noticed quite a few students were just going through their phone and some didn’t even take the recipe out.

Are they thinking what to do? What are they doing? Not my business. Let's see eggs, rice, butter, onions, carrots, and ham.

Momo went back to her station and there was 45 minutes left she had to start the rice cooker immediately while at the same time start the stir-fry. But still while putting the onions on the pan she still noticed that some students still haven’t gotten their ingredients.

“Don’t mind them they’re just here to impress their parents. They don’t cook

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter