The Transfer

Cooking with Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A sunny day means it’s a good day. Except for Momo’s household when it’s sunny it meant that it was chore day. Momo hates doing chores.

“Wake up Momo!!!” her sister yelled.

If I pretend to sleep she’ll leave me alone.

After a couple of seconds pass Momo felt her body shift from her bed to the hard floor.

“You really though that would work after how many years already.” her sister said shoving Momo.

“You got the toilets today fool!” her sister continues teasingly as she left her room.

When I get my own house no one is invited even that devil she’ll be cleaning all of my 3 bathrooms.

Momo got ready and started her chores if she doesn’t finish then she had to hear it from her mom and that will ruin her entire day.

“Momo you don’t have to cook today. We ordered some food and we have an announcement.” her mother said while sweeping the floor

“An announcement?!? I thought you had menopause.”

“How dare you it’s about school not that!!!” her mother yelled hitting Momo in the process.

“Whoops” she said dying on her confusion.

As the day was about to end and everybody finished their chores, even Momo. Everyone sat down for dinner and waited till the parents said their announcement.

“So what’s up?” asked her sister ready to chow down the food.

“Let’s give out the food and then tell them” her mother whispered to her father.

Everyone got their food even though Momo and her sister were close to fighting each other for the last chicken leg.

“Okay we’re not going to delay this any longer. We believe that Momo needs better teaching for her skills.” her mother started.

Where are they going with this.

“Thus over the past few weeks we had gotten in contact with the president of Stella University and gotten the transfer application for their university.” her mother continued.

“Momo you’re heading to South Korea because you got accepted!!!” her father said excitedly.

There was silence in the dinner table as everyone waited for Momo’s reaction. Her reaction was not the one that they expected.

“Why did no one asked if I was okay with this?” asked Momo clearly pissed off with this decision.

“We thought it would be the best for you.”  her mother answered a bit sad with her reaction.

“Hey relax they worked hard for this for you be more appreciative.” said her sister annoyed with Momo’s reaction.

“I would appreciate this if I was involved with the decision-making but I wasn’t and why South Korea I can barely keep a conversation.”

“This university is more on craft than communication.” answered her father.

“Look thanks but I’ll think about this because South Korea is different than here. Different culture and language plus I know no one there.” said Momo still upset about her parents decision.

“Well you have three days to think because your flight is scheduled for Monday morning.” said her mother.

 

~1 hour later

How could they do this? I should be angry this is my future and I should chose what I want to do. They really had to pick South Korea, as if there aren’t better universities in Japan.

As Momo was angrily searching for some recipes online. Her sister busted in the room. And sat down on Momo’s bed.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter