Coffee Shop Meetings: MiChaeng

Twice One Shots

I hope this one shot isn't too bad, I hope you'll enjoy it, let me know what you guys think!

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I quietly walk into the coffee house, careful as to not disturb the peace of people working or reading as they sips their coffees and eat the cute pastries they have. I look around specifically looking for a certain person. I spotted an empty table with a nice view of the person I was looking for, no I'm not a stalker, well I only stalk her here at the coffee place, either way I set my things on the table and organize it a bit. I sit down and I flip open my drawing pad, I check all my pencils and make sure there well sharpened and all set for me to start. I pick up my pencil sit in a good position and I look at her. The sun was gleaming of orange hues inside from the window, the way her pale skin was gleaming against the sun froze me in my spot. I quickly taken in her elegant silhouette and I start to move my pencil. I occasionally look down at my paper and erase any mistakes I've made. 

As I lean back and take a look at my progress I decided to put my pencil down and take a break, I quickly stretch, moving the stiff muscles on my body from drawing after an hour. I close my book and I decide I need some coffee and a muffin to refuel me from the work I've been doing and approach the cashier. "Hello welcome to Twice Cafe what would like to order?"

I quickly scan the menu to decide the things I want to have. "I'll take a small frappuccino and one strawberry short cake as well." As she tells me my total I dig into my pocket and give her my money. 

"Name please?" I gave the cashier a weird look and she lets out a small chuckle. "You're cute, but I need your name for the order."

I start to blush out of embarrassment and I look away. "Uh, right, Chaeyoung." 

I hear her giggle a bit and put my order in. "I'll call you when it's ready." 

I walk off to the side so the line can continue to move and I look around at all the people sitting at their tables, there were people in business attire, people doing interviews and couples as well. Without me even realizing my eyes lingered on the couple, the way they were immersed into one another, as if the people around them didn't exist and it was only them two. I let out a sigh and smile a bit, I always wanted something like that, but every time I tried they weren't interested or I was no fun and too boring to date. The last part made me stop trying to date, it hurts me to think that people called me boring, especially when it was said directly in my face, I get it, I guess I like music and art too much for people to think I'm interesting. I wish I had something the way the couple sitting at the table had, someone who would appreciate me for who I am, rather than thinking I was too bland or boring. 

"Chaeyoung, your order is ready." I look away from the couple and I walk up to the counter to take my order and make my way back to my table. I move my things neatly to the side and I start to eat my cake, I find it how sad my life is sometimes, only having two friends that consist of music and art. My mother always told me I was bound to end up alone, whether it was relationship wise or friend wise, never knew she would be right about. 

After a 10 minute break I throw my things away and I get back to my drawing, since I had finished it, all I had to do was touch ups so it can be perfect. As I take peeks at my model I fix the things I'm not happy with, trying to not be obvious that I was drawing her. As another hour passes by, I finally let out a small breath of relief, the drawing was finished and I was extremely satisfied with my work, I let out a smile as I start to pack up all my things into my bookbag. As I bent down to put my bag away someone knocked into my table and spilled their coffee on the drawing I spent nearly two hours on. 

"Oh, I'm so sorry, I didn't see you there No Jam, maybe if you weren't so boring I would've seen you." As I hear the voice of the person who ruined my project I quickly shrink into myself and hide my face. "You're not gonna say anything No Jam, you owe me another coffee, get up and go buy me a new one." I quickly get up to do as I'm told so they could leave and let me be, but a soft hand stops me from walking away. 

I look up and turn to the person holding my arm and I completely tense up in shock, both from fear, but also because the person sticking up for me was beautiful from afar and extremely breath taking up close. "Excuse me, but I think you owe her an apology. You knew she was sitting there and you purposely spilled your coffee on her hard work."

The person scoffed. "Me? Apologize, yeah I don't think so, she was in my way. She owes me an apology, coffee and a new shirt!" 

I feel her let me go and she puts her face in close proximity of the other guy and whispers something into his face that I couldn't make out, but I see fear in his eyes and he slowly swallows before he speaks and quickly turns to me. "I'm so sorry Chaeyoung, let me clean this up for you, I promise I'll look where I'm walking next time, I'll fix your art work for you as well!" He quickly cleans up the mess he made and as he went to grab my notebook I stop him before he does.

"Its okay, I can make a new drawing, don't worry about that." I grab my things and I turn to the beautiful girl next to me and I bow twice to her. "Thank you." Panicking from all the eyes I feel on me I dash my way to the door and exit the cafe. I take deep breaths as I speed walk down the sidewalk trying to get far away from their at lighting speed. 

"Hey, Chaeyoung, wait up! Chaeyoung!" I hear a faint voice calling my name, but as I was too busy trying to control my panic attack I don't hear nor bother to see who it was. I hear a car honk and someone calling me and before I could get hurt I feel someone pull me back and into their chest. I begin to cry and I lean my head on a soft chest, I feel a hand rubbing circles on my back and a soothing voice trying to calm me down. "It's okay, you're okay Chaeyoung, I'm here."

I calm myself down and I take a small step back I look at her and I can't help, but stare. "Thank you, for not just for making sure I was okay, but for sticking up for me as well. I really appreciate that."

I watch as she smiles kindly to me, I can't help but notice how she has a cute gummy smile. "My name is Mina, it's nice to finally meet you Chaeyoung."

"Likewise, I would introduce myself, but you already know that."

She nods her head and then I see her study my face a bit. "I know that jerk ruined your project so why don't we meet up sometime so you can draw it again?"

I look at her confused for a minute and realize she was talking about my drawing. "Oh no, that's okay Mina unnie, I have something else I can turn in. Don't worry about it."

She nods her head and then she gives me a warm smile. "Alright then how about I take you out on a date? I'd like to at least get to know the person who was drawing me for two hours. Here's my phone number, text me later so I can give you the details later on in the week. I'll see you around Chaeyoung." As she slipped a piece of paper with her number on it I watched as she walked away with a huge smile on my face. 

I guess I'm not that boring enough if the girl of my dreams noticed me today, right?

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------

MiChaeng is done, let me know what you all think, thanks fo reading!!