That Night

HELLO

Life is not fair. Many people who live are always happy, but not the least whose life was always filled with grief and sadness.Many people are always living in luxury, always poor, or perhaps from poor suddenly become rich even from formerly wealthy suddenly become poor.

Likewise with my life. My flow of life is always full of twists and suffering. Since childhood, my parents passed away, suffering, homeless and humiliated by every people passing me. When I felt happiness with Yoon family although they are not my biological family, someone took everything from me. Took away Doojoon from me.

I opened my eyes for a glimmer of light coming through a crack in the curtains at the window of my room which is very bright. I wonder, why am I still here? What does this mean I'm still alive? I hate these words. I'm still alive. Why did I not die then, surely it should work. I will no longer feel pain and suffering due to lossing someone I loved the most. Why is God so unfair to me?

I tried to move my right hand to brush the blanket covering my body, but I felt my whole body aches and pains.The pain in my body is too much so that I immediately groaned in pain. However, as much as possible I try to hold my groan, because surely uncle and aunt would be very worried if they know it.

"Aish, why am I not dead?  Now, just moving my hands, my whole body become hurt. What can I do now? "I say softly, wincing in pain.

KREK

The bedroom door opens and displays the figure of  uncle and aunt who looks worried. Uncle walked in front of aunty who carrying a tray of food and medicine. I do not know what to say to this parents whom I love. They really like an angel to me.

"Junnie, are you awake?" Aunt sat on the edge of the bed where I lay and my uncle was sitting in a chair beside a small table where Doojoon and I usually put a few accessories such as watches, etc..

I held my pain and I tried to smile, "Ne eomma. Nan gwaenchana.”

Bibi was forced me to call her ‘eomma’. Since it first met, aunt assured me that she would try to love me like their own children.Although she is not my real mom, I would not mind to call her eomma. Karena dia lebih seperti eomma kandungku sendiri jika dibandingkan dengan eommaku yang sudah meninggal. Because she's more like eomma to me compared with my real blood eomma.

"Junhyung-ah, what really happened? 'Uncle brow furrowed when he tried to pry information from my mouth.

"Appa, no nothing happen," I smiled once again answering uncle questions.

"Are you sure? Is this all is not something that Mr. Yang doing?” Uncle retorted, 'it seems he could not believe what I've said.

"Yes Appa."

"Then who are they?"

"They were just ordinary thugs Appa."

I do not want to worry my uncle and aunt. That's it. That's why I was not honest with uncle. I do not know what could happen if I'm honest with my uncle about it. It’s enough that I’m the one who know about this issue. And it’s enough that I’m the one who was hurt because of this.

Apparently, a calibaration investigate, my uncle found my body who lay helpless near our apartment after he heard a big commotion. Of course my uncle was in shock when he discovered that the blood-soaked body was me. With all his strength, uncle carried me into the apartment and rock me to sleep in a bed.Initially, my uncle wanted to take me to the hospital, but since I keep mentioning Doojoon name delirium, finally uncle out the attack.

"Yeobo, what's happen with Junhyung?" Then I heard the faint sound of an aunt who was trying to help my uncle took me to the room.

Maybe back then my condition was in between the conscious and unconscious. Because I hear what they say, but I can not chimed in as well as provide a response to what they are talking about.I just keep babbling, "Doojoon ... Doo.. Doo .. Doo.. Doo ..Joon-ah.”

"Yeobo, get me a cloth and first aid kit. We must immediately clean Junhyung wounds, "my uncle said as he lay my body on the bed. He let go of the clothes on my body. This blood-soaked clothes and laid it on the floor.

"Arraseo," aunt quickly ran out of room and soon returned with a cloth, first aid kit and water in the container.

"Junnie, what happened? Where is Doojoon? Is he did not know what events happen to you today? Aigoo, Junnie-ah hang on, eomma and Appa are here, "aunt tried to calm me down by massaging my feet.

Uncle cleans all the blood in my body and rubbed a drug in some parts of my body blisters and sores. I do not feel sick at all. Maybe my body is numb today because earlier I had received all the rough treatment from Mr. Yang men.

"Doo ..doo... doo ...joon..-ah,"I involuntarily constantly mentioning his name. I wanted to cry but the tears would not come out though.My body would not move in accordance with what I command.

***

 

Please do comment and subcribe. I don't know if this story is good enough.  Thank you so much