Seatbelt

Run-In
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ryeowook grumbled underneath his breath as he checked his watch. His boss still hadn't come out of the cafe yet. He was going to get a parking ticket at this rate.

 

Just as Ryeowook considered extending the time limit to another hour, Kyuhyun came out, looking very much more awake and satisfied with himself as he opened the car door and plopped into the seat, making himself comfortable.

 

Ryeowook automatically handed him a napkin from the glove compartment. “How was your meal, sir?” he inquired politely, starting up the car again.

 

“Very good,” the other replied as he wiped his mouth in a not very gentleman-like fashion. “You have some great recommendations, Mr Kim. I assure you that I’ll be returning here sometime, if not soon.”

 

Ryeowook smiled to himself, but it immediately faded the next second when he noticed a detail that had to be addressed. Immediately. “Sir?”

 

“What?” The other had disposed of the napkin and had simply began to type on his phone, looking up at the windscreen to peer at the outside world. His eyes narrowed as he watched the cars continuing pass by them on the main road. “Why aren’t we already moving?” Kyuhyun demanded.

 

Ryeowook kept his gaze locked meaningfully on Kyuhyun. “Your seatbelt, Mr Cho,” he replied flatly. “I need you to wear it before we can move out.”

 

His boss rolled his eyes, something that Ryeowook felt that he was going to be very well-accustomed to in the future. “Come on,” the other complained, stretching out in the small space. “It’s only a short trip to the office. Nothing’s gonna happen on the way.”

 

“No.”

 

Kyuhyun whipped around to glare at him, but Ryeowook didn’t flinch, steadily meeting his eyes with a steely ferocity unmatched by the other’s fury at the mention of the word no. If his boss thought he was above the law when it came to his safety, he was wrong.

 

Very, very wrong.

 

The tension between them was growing thicker as seconds ticked by, with Kyuhyun adamantly refusing to put on his seatbelt and Ryeowook itching to chastise his boss for his idiocy and complete disregard of any driving regulations. Yes, his boss was undeniably attractive, and Ryeowook was finding it increasingly difficult to stare into those brown irises burning with irritation, but he had a job, and it needed to be done.

 

No wonder he needs a chauffeur, Ryeowook thought drily. He's a pain in the for something as simple as a seatbelt.

 

As patiently as he could, Ryeowook repeated it once more, putting it into words. “I won’t move the car until you do. Your safety is my number one priority, and I will not risk anything that might harm it.”

 

Kyuhyun didn't respond, and they continued to glare at each other for what felt like another ten seconds before Kyuhyun finally broke it, grumbling underneath his breath about stupid laws and chauffeurs as he buckled the damned seatbelt into place. Damn the man. Ryeowook was lucky that he was hot.

 

“Happy now?” he growled, folding his arms defiantly as he pointedly stared out of the window.

 

Ryeowook nodded with satisfaction, secretly relieved at the outcome. He was afraid he had to resort to other means to get the other to wear it. “Very,” he murmured, checking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter