Run-In

Run-In
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Mr Cho, you have a meeting with the Lee Corporation at 10 this morning.”

“Mhm.”

“Afterwards you’ll be driven to lunch at the Gomez restaurant, where Ms Tiffany will be waiting to discuss the details of the latest project.”

“Mhm.”

“You have another two meetings with Park Company & Co. after that at the tower in the afternoon. Then you will-”

“Will you shut up for a moment?”

“-what?”

Kyuhyun continued to close his eyes as he steepled his fingers together, before opening them to meet his secretary’s disbelieving stare. He pursed his lips. She was good at her job, yes, but she had this way of speaking down at him that irritated him to no end.

He waved his hand dismissively. “Nothing. Please continue.”

She gave him an appalling look, as a mother might give a disappointing child, before continuing on. “Yes. As before you rudely interrupted me, I was saying-”

Okay. That was it. Kyuhyun immediately stood up, pushing back his chair. “I’m going to get some fresh air,” he informed her, taking in how opened and closed like a pufferfish as she started blabbering at how much time would be lost if he took even one step outside the building. God, it was only 8 in the morning and his headache was getting more severe. Granted, it wasn’t completely her fault, but she was only worsening the problem at hand. Mostly, it was his fault getting drunk on a Sunday night and expecting to be functional on a Monday morning.

“W-where are you going?” she continued spluttering as Kyuhyun buttoned his coat and started to stride out of the office. She ran beside him, pathetically grabbing at the papers and notes overflowing out of her files and notebook, and floating downwards towards the carpeted floor.

Kyuhyun did feel a brief flash of pity and he momentarily stopped in his tracks to allow her to catch up, bending to pick up the fallen sheets and scribblings. “Out,” he said amicably with a dangerous glint in his eye daring her to stop him. “I’ll be back before 9, don’t you worry.”

“B-but-” he repeated in confusion, like a broken record. “S-sir, where will you be going-”

He finally lost the tiny bit of patience he had somewhere deep within him and started to press insistently at the elevator button. “Just give me an hour,” he snapped irritably. “I hired you as my secretary, not as my babysitter. Got it?”

She finally got the hint and hastily nodded, backing up. “O-okay,” she stammered, retreating back to the office where Kyuhyun had no doubt she would be gossiping soon with her colleagues about his behaviour this morning. “I’ll be here.”

“Good,” he said curtly, entering the elevator and maintaining his annoyed scowl until the doors closed.

He then let the look drop, sighing as he pinched the bridge of his nose and shook his head, tr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter