Tuesday

Special School Project

When Jihyo arrived at school she was greeted by the Japanese trio right at the school gate. It startled her a bit, considering they weren't that close with each other but of course she gave a polite bow. "Why don't we exchange numbers? That way we can keep in touch. It's probably helpful with our project and all.." Sana suggested. Jihyo was fine with it, wouldn't hurt to have a few more contacts. Jihyo told the three her goodbyes and headed off to class.

It was almost lunch time when her phone started vibrating and she pulled it out of her bag to turn it off, of course  not before checking why it did so. Turns out Sana added her to a groupchat for the project and the others thought it was a great idea to make use of it during class. Jihyo carefully hid her phone behind her textbook.

(So now is basically what's happening in the groupchat)

  Group project owo

*Sanake added Jihyo*

Nayeonbunny: Ooh Jihyo I didn't know you were capable of making friends.

Jihyo: Keep your jokes to yourself, their bad most of the time anyway.

Nayeonbunny: Excuse me do I look like Jeongyeon to you

OstrichYooJeongyeon: I didn't do anything, don't pull me into this >_>

Momomomo: I'm hungry guys we should meet for lunch

Mina: That's off topic Momo and don't pressure the others into eating with us.

Jihyo: Aaah it's fine :)

Chaeyoung: Don't you guys have class?

Sanake: We do but it's boring anyway who needs math ^-^

DubuDahyun: Stop texting it's distracting me ;--;

Sana: But you're texting too which encourages conversation.

Momomomo: You sound so smart today OmO 

Sanake: I noticed too! Maybe it's cause we were talking to Jihyo earlier

OstrichYooJeongyeon: I mean you could technically mute your phone Dahyun, I heard it helps.

(Group chat view ends)

At this point Jihyo wondered what she's gotten herself into. The highschooler put her phone away, as she still had class after all. She couldn't really concentrate though, mostly because Sana who was seated right behind her seemed to stare at her this whole time.

Said person walked up to her after the lesson ended and invited Jihyo to eat lunch with her and the others. So in the end Momo pretty much got what she wanted. Now all nine of them sat at one of the lunch tables, silently eating their meals, until Nayeon decided to break the silence like she always does:" So like, are we friends now? " Sana started nodding excitedly, Chaeyoung shrugged her shoulders and the others didn't seem to mind. Except for Tzuyu who was mumbling to herself:" I consider us strangers who seemingly get along well." Everyone heard her and chose to ignore it. Jihyo had no opinion, it was just a little weird for her because she started talking to them a day ago, exception made for Nayeon and Jeongyeon of course. Lunchtime went on and they agreed on meeting at Nayeons place after school. Mina repeatedly  asked her if it was okay, they were nine people after all but Nayeon insisted and Jeongyeon assured her it was fine, because her house was really big.

"Woah, you said her place was big but I didn't expect it to be a villa!" Sana was walking around in the hall, truly stunned. The walls were plastered with portraits of what Nayeon said were her ancestors. The girls were shown around for a little before they retreated into the room of the older student. 

"What are we supposed to do now?" Chaeyoung asked, while taking a seat on the light green carpet covering the floor. Jeongyeon always complained about it not fitting to the light orange colored wall and Jihyo couldn't agree more but Nayeon loved the carpet to death. Her room was surprisingly colorful in general and it certainly wasn't everyone's cup of tea. Especially Mina and Tzuyu looked like something disrupted their inner peace, so Jeongyeon softly patted their heads:" Don't worry, she does have good taste but they moved in here when she was eight, so please excuse this mess." That earned a burning glare from Nayeon but instead of firing back like usual she just sat herself on the bed and decided to answer Chaeyoung's question:"The rules said we have to treat the eggs like babies, so let's start by doing so." That did not exactly answer the youngers question. "And how do we do that?" Dahyun, who made herself comfortable beside Chaeyoung spoke up. Too many questions for Nayeon's taste:"I don't know do I look like a mom to you?" The word 'mom' made everyone look at Jihyo. "I get it, I get it, let's see what I can think of." 

She ended up giving Sana, Chaeyoung and Jeongyeon an egg each and then she handed Tzuyu the camera. 

"Let's bath them."

"Bath eggs?"

"You wouldn't bath your babies?"

"..."

"See, now less talking, more filming."

They made their way to the bathroom, Tzuyu already capturing everything on camera. Jihyo filled a bucket with water and then carefully put the eggs in there. She felt better when thinking about the good grade that awaited her when this was finally over. After about a minute Jihyo ordered Nayeon to get a towel so the eggs could dry. They later continued by 'feeding' them, which was by far one of the cringiest things Jihyo has ever witnessed. She was sure the others would agree. Nayeon tried her best and fed Eggy some mashed potatoes, while Dahyun just placed some grapes in front of Eggbert and Momo ended up eating the food herself, so Sana jumped in and fed Eggonald so he wouldn't starve. They'd definitely have to cut that part later. Sana also ended up making some clothes for the eggs to wear. 

Tzuyu stopped filming for a moment:" What else can we do? Besides bathing and feeding them I mean." Dahyun looked at her as if she had the best idea of her life:" What do you do with your dog?" 

"I usually go for a walk..wait.."

"E x a c t l y."

Chaeyoung wasn't amused and it showed:" Do you know what people will think of us? Nine highschoolers running around with three eggs, who have faces drawn on them and even have little clothes, specially designed for them? They'll think we're.." Dahyun put her hand over the youngers mouth, keeping her quiet:" No swearing when a church girl is present." The girl, who kind of resembled a tiger cub, so Jihyo thought, rolled her eyes at her friend.

Chaeyoung ended up having to carry one of the eggs and was even forced to cuddle with all of them. She made a mental note not to complain in front of the others again. In the evening Nayeon sung the eggs to sleep and her fellow teammates cringed at the sight once again. Then they left one by one, Jihyo took Eggy with her, Mina took Eggbert and Tzuyu had to take Eggonald. She didn't do it because she wanted to but rather because the others said she didn't do much and she couldn't really disagree.

 

(Group chat view)

Sanake: Let's meet at my place tomorrow :3

Mina: Sure

OstrichYooJeongyeon: Alright why not

DubuDahyun: Other people's houses are always so exciting 

Chaeyoung: what

Jihyo: Let's ignore that statement.

Tzuyu: Let's ignore this groupchat

Nayeonbunny: That's not nice :'(

Tzuyu: Exactly

Momomomo: I'm really hungry

Jihyo: Well, see you tomorrow.

(Group chat view ends)

 

This was a mess. Jihyo knew. Everyone knew.