Monday

Special School Project

"This week's project is rather special! I have gathered all classes here, to announce the Egg-Baby project!!"  Jihyo heard of it before. Apparently you partner up with someone and you have to take care of an egg together. It's as dumb as it sounds,the highschooler certainly wasn't excited. "Normally I only let seniors do this but this year it's time for something different! All classes get to participate and to make it more interesting, I have chosen the teams beforehand." Now Jihyo didn't like where this was going at all. She just prayed to be paired with someone equally responsible. Lost in her thoughts she didn't notice the teacher already announcing the teams. 

"Park Jihyo!" She snapped out of her trance, to see her good friend Nayeon in front of her, who was a class above. "You got teamed up with the greatest of all Im Nayeon! Oh and with them too." The older proceeded to point at seven girls standing nearby. Jeongyeon, whom Jihyo was also close friends with, was one of them. She could also make out Sana and Mina, her fellow classmates. She didn't talk to them that much though, the two Japanese irritated her a little. What bothered her even more was the fact, that she got partnered up with all of them. "Wait, aren't nine people.." Nayeon didn't let Jihyo finish talking and instead gave her a 'Just accept it' look. "Since we're such a big group, we get three eggs instead of one." Nothing made sense to Jihyo but she decided to just play along and get the project over with. The sooner, the better. Jeongyeon walked over and handed the younger a piece of paper:" Here, the rules according to the teacher." The other girls moved closer as well and upon seeing Jihyo's very much confused look on her face, they quickly introduced themselves.Sana and Mina did too, even though it wasn't necessary. Momo,Dahyun,Chaeyoung and Tzuyu were the names. Momo was Japanese and in the same class as Nayeon and Jeongyeon and friends with Sana and Mina. Dahyun,Chaeyoung and Tzuyu were a class under Jihyo and friends as well. Tzuyu was Taiwanese. Jihyo held the paper Jeongyeon gave her and decided to read it out loud, so everyone knew what's up. "Rules for the Egg-Baby project! 1. You must take care of the egg as if it were a real baby. You also have to film the process and present everything at the end of the week. 2. If the egg breaks you get a F(worst grade). This rule also applies to bigger groups with more than one egg. 3. Please make sure everyone on the team gets to do something. That's all, good luck!" When she looked up everyone seemed weirded out. Tzuyu was the first to speak up: "So an egg equals a baby, how does that make sense?" Chaeyoung took the paper from Jihyo's hands,reread everything and said:" Rule two seems unfair." After everyone glanced at the rules again they hummed in agreement. "Well, whatever let's get the eggs and the camera!" Nayeon already made her way to the front and the rest of the team followed quickly. Can't let Nayeon run around with something that defines everyone's grades. The teacher gave Jihyo,Jeongyeon and Dahyun an egg and handed Mina the camera. Soon after they left the room in silence.

"Does anyone have a plan?" Chaeyoung asked and Jihyo swore everyone looked at her for a split second. "Umm..I guess we could divide into three smaller groups and each get an egg. It will be more organised then." Everyone seemed to like her idea. In the end Nayeon,Jeongyeon and Jihyo were a team,the three Japanese and the younger ones. The rest of the day went by rather quickly and the nine agreed on meeting the next day after school to start filming. 

Nayeon was excited about how everything would turn out and absolutely adored the eggs.

Jeongyeon had a few good laughs because of Nayeon and how she treated the eggs.

Jihyo felt like she needed to carry everyone, so they would succeed and get a good grade.

Momo was hungry and thought the eggs would make a good snack.

Sana drew cute faces on the eggs and named them Eggy,Eggbert and Eggonald. Nobody likes the names.

Mina kept Momo from eating the eggs and felt ridiculous while doing so. 

Dahyun took selfies with the eggs and doesn't take the project that serious.

Chaeyoung wants this to end.

Tzuyu was embarrassed about having to carry an egg with an uwu face around school. The others found it amusing and Nayeon will certainly about this forever.