With a sip of caramel and strawberries

And we fall in love, anytime, anyplace
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"May I have your name for your order please?" It's the usual question you get asked at Starbucks whenever you are dropping by for coffee or, in Hongbin's case, strawberry frappuccino--his beverage of choice to give himself energy in order to battle through deadlines and midterms. The inquiry is not something out of this world per se, what is quite peculiar, however, is the fact that Hongbin has run into a new face never before seen in this particular establishment which leads to his name being asked once more after 3 months gap of it being an unnecessary thing because he had already become friends with the previous barista.

"Umm" Hongbin begins, quite unsure if his inability to answer that simple question lies in the lack of being used to present himself here or if it probably resides in the fact that the barista in front of him is quite charming: voice sweet like toffee, eyes dark as freshly brewed coffee, skin like sweet caramel and Hongbin can't help but stammer in his words, "Um, I, Lee.Hong.Bin" coming in a small voice yet tune set low, eyes focusing rather on the many pastries nearby.

"Hongbin?" he is asked with genuine astonishment, as if his name was something unusual to hear. Hongbin just nods, "I am Hakyeon, will be serving your order" the barista beams, though Hongbin had already checked out the tag on Hakyeon's uniform before hearing the name, and it is truly fitting he believes. He smiles in acknowledgement and paces around the place trying to distract his mind and holding tight onto the straps of his backpack as he avoids gazing at the counter while Hakyeon is preparing his beverage.

It's incredibly quiet. Only the ambient music can be heard and Hongbin just swears his unsettled steps are being way too loud, yet nobody seems to complain or tell him to just stand still so he blames it on his unusual awkwardness.

Soon enough, Hakyeon is back with Hongbin's strawberry frappuccino in hand, carefully calling out to its rightful owner, "Hongbin-ssi?" And on cue, he turns around "Your order is ready" friendly smile plays on the barista's face as he suddenly adds, "I added a personal touch to your cup, I hope you like it"

Before Hongbin can answer or even thank Hakyeon for the detail, before he even can taste the beverage and see if he has the same abilities as Jaehwan, the barista that worked there before him- Hongbin's name echoes through the place with urgency latched onto it, and then he is being yanked away much to his surprise and to the astonishment painting itself on Hakyeon's face for a split second.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter