Nothing better than old times

And we fall in love, anytime, anyplace
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Maybe to remember the old times..?" Hakyeon whispers in a tune almost bordering dangerous, traces of allure latching tightly onto his words and gaze boring into Hongbin's dark amber eyes, tattooing an invitation in them as his hand rests on the sleeve of Hongbin's dark navy coat, "If you want, of course, only if you want" 

'Is he even alone?' Hongbin wonders, unable to fully shake off the words from his once boyfriend at college off of his mind and out of his system. It has been a couple of years. He can't truly remember what prompted their separation, the reason behind such a chaotic falling apart after many nights shared together melting in the darkness seems too indistinct to recall at the time when memories of being bathed by dim lights in a caress as blissful as their own touches flood Hongbin's mind.

He sees Hakyeon wandering off, stride calm, grace and elegance in each step and a soft look coupled with a playful smile causes Hongbin to excuse himself, inventing a quick excuse on the spot that probably no one buys, "Just say you will go talk to hyung" his brother Jaehwan says, reading in between the lines way too fast for Hongbin's liking, "Just be sure to come back before Wonshik's sister throws the bouquet" he teases.

"Why the hell would I even want a bouquet?" Hongbin asks, visibly confused, maybe even slightly offended at the mention.

"I take it a particular someone liked flowers" there is a wink, so cheeky it could pass as annoying, the look in Jaehwan's eyes as if aware of what is occuring at the moment and Hongbin can't avoid the heat rushing up his neck in a haste. He quickly fans himself, temperature suddenly rising in his views but he is the only one that seems bothered, Jaehwan snorts and notices how badly his younger brother is avoiding meeting eyes with him, "Hyung is waiting, go get your man" he adds, just to see Hongbin choke on air at the bluntness.

"You will see when we get home" threats don't seem to do anything to Jaehwan because he quickly visibly shoos the words away with a quick motion of his hand.

"I am sorry, I have a boyfriend to be with" and Hongbin just wants to strangle the wittiness out of him, "Sanghyuk-ah" he waves at a tall young man of dark auburn hair who rewards him with a smile, "Tell Wonshik I want to be with my boyfriend, he can be with his" almost pouting. Hongbin rolls his eyes.

"You are so damn cheesy, hyung"

"Oh I know" and Jaehwan rises to his feet, hand placed on top of Hongbin's head as he pats it, "I am just saying, I haven't seen you happy ever since you two broke up so, go get your man"

"Hyung! It is nothing like--" he is stammering, struggling to explain something he doesn't even know how to--Hakyeon's invitation to talk held something more to it from the way he phrased his words, and he would be damned if he said that he didn't feel a thrill, longing, emotions that had been asleep igniting in full force, "Go be cheesy with your boyfriend"

With a 'No need to tell me' thrown into the air and a show-off of public affection as Jaehwan just wraps his arms around Sanghyuk and rests his head on the shoulder of his beloved, Hongbin furrows his brow and mock-gags at his brother.

"I am going to collapse from this"

Hongbin glances in the direction Hakyeon headed off, heart drumming in his chest madly, gulping at the nerve wracking moment,'What do we even have to talk about?'. It has been a few years, they just drifted apart and Hongbin became apprehensive about getting into a relationship again ever since.

Seeing Hakyeon again had frozen Hongbin on the spot, made his knees almost give away, his breath caught in his throat at the perpetually ethereal sight and even if he tried to go unnoticed, his ex had made sure to search for him among the guests of the wedding he had been invited to. Hongbin tries his best to remember what led them to severe ties, but when Hakyeon's smile flashes in his mind as he is fixing his own tie, Hongbin convinces himself that Hakyeon saw nothing in him anymore and so just left.

It's almost 7pm sharp, everyone is distracted with the new

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter