It was a dream

Deja Vu
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As I said, it's not fully angst.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“I’m sorry… I love you.”

 

“Unnie, please don’t leave me…”

 

 

 

Eunbi is woken up with sweats all over her body. If anyone could see, they might though she was just done taking a bath. Her breathing was heavy as she’s trying to keep her sane mind.

She slapped her face, wanted the pain of reality.

“Urgh,” Eunbi hissed in pain as she tried to ease back her own cheek. Did she really slap herself? Yes, she did. At least, Eunbi knows that she’s not dreaming… anymore.

The dream she just had keep replaying inside her mind. She felt like she just had a long dream.

Eunbi looked around and yes, she still in her room. She reached for her phone and checked the time. 5.30am. One and a half hour before she had to be at her second home. She needs to be back at their dorm this morning.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Good morning, unnie.” Chaewon greeted her favorite unnie with a huge smile.

“Good morning, Chaewonie…” Eunbi greeted back while slowly making her way onto her shared room, packing her thing.

Chaewon quickly frown when she noticed the older girl keep yawning, “Unnie, are you okay? You keep yawning. You didn’t get sleep?” Chaewon focused on the older girl while wearing a worried expression.

“I did sleep,” Eunbi answered but yawn again. She slept but she was feeling tired. It’s might because of that dream, “I did get enough sleep but I don’t know why I feel so tired again. Must be the dream.”

“Dream?” Chaewon asked hesitantly.

“Yeah.” Eunbi sighed. “Bad dream. I felt like I just had a long dream.”

“Bad dream?” Chaewon asked worriedly. Chaewon didn’t know what to say more since she didn’t want to add more stress to the older girl. “But you never get Deja vu about the bad dream before, right?” Chaewon knew about the Déjà vu because Eunbi told her.

Eunbi once again sighed, “Never, but it still scared me.”

“I believe it won’t happen, unnie. Let’s be positive.” Chaewon patted Eunbi’s shoulder.

“Let’s wish that.” Eunbi disagreed no more.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Girls, we want you to join the new program. It’s a good chance for you.”

The girls cannot help but feel happy and nervous after hearing the news. Participating in one of the trending shows is indeed a good chance but risky. However, it could be their chance to achieve their dream.

Eunbi stared at the incomplete paper on her hand.

“Wait for me, Produce 48.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I’m nervous.” Chaewon kept fidgeting on her seat. One by one contestant from different companies keep showing up and she cannot help but to feels nervous seeing the intimidating auras from the other contestants.

“You will be fine, trust me.” Eunbi gave a little squeeze on Chaewon’s hand as she flashed a smile, reassuring the younger.

To be honest, Eunbi actually was more scared than being nervous. She was living her dream at the moment. She felt like running away at the moment but she knows she cannot simply brush it off like that. Just maybe, if she lived the dream then maybe… maybe she can change how it ends. She’s going to look for who the girl is. She needs to see if it is real.

 

If the one she fell for in her dream is real.

 

Then the big monitor in front of them changes again showing the name of the company.

 

8D Creative.

 

A shy yet beautiful figure came to their sight and Eunbi’s eyes focused on her.

Eunbi feels her heart beating so fast. This felt surreal.

The dream. Her dream.

 

 

Kang Hyewon. It’s real. You are real.

 

 

Eunbi’s eyes trailed where the girl went to. She just cannot divert her eyes from the girl.

“Unnie? Eunbi unnie?” Chaewon poked Eunbi’s shoulder, alarming her attention.

“Ah, yes? What it is, Chaewon?” Eunbi asked after jumped from her seat.

“Are you okay? You seem to be lost in thought. Do you know her?” Chaewon asked as she pointed at the girl who caught Eunbi’s attention.

Eunbi felt her ears redden. Chaewon caught her staring at the girl.

“Yes, yes. I’m fine. No, I don’t know her.” Eunbi managed to answer, hiding her trembling voice.

 

 

I don’t… maybe.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Eunbi unnie, are you okay?” Chaewon who’s been observing the bunny worriedly asked after seeing Eunbi sweating so much. Eunbi didn’t respond for the first time Chaewon asked so she poked her arm.

“Huh?” Eunbi quickly turned her head at Chaewon. Her face was pale and eyes widen, showing the sign of surprise.

“Are you okay?” Chaewon’s brows furrowed as she wipes the droplets of sweat on Eunbi’s face.

“Y-yes, y-es…” Eunbi responded after a deep breath but still can’t hide her shuttering. Her eyes diverted to the hardworking girl at the other corner of the hall.

“What happens?” Chaewon asked again while offering water bottle to Eunbi.

“Dream…” Eunbi trailed while her eyes never leave Hyewon.

Chaewon frowned and asked, “Dream? In your nap?” Chaewon cannot help but confused. Eunbi just took a short nap.

“Yes. Dr—” Eunbi stopped midway when she realized what she said. The younger girl was looking at her worriedly and confusedly.

“I’m sorry. It’s not that. I was just stressed for a moment.” Eunbi said.

“Don’t push yourself too much unnie. You can do it. We know that you will get it.” Chaewon patted Eunbi’s shoulder as she continues practicing.

Eunbi can only nod slowly while closing her eyes, as she took her time to stabilize her breathing.

 

 

Why is this happening? Dream? I’m living the dream. Yes, but the picture, the dream I had just now is different. Just who are you Kang Hyewon?

 

Eunbi questioning herself as her eyes once again fall to the girl who been invading her mind.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Seeing the troubling faces of the group, Eunbi felt a bit sad for them. That the cruel thing in a survival show.

“Unnie, can you go with me?” Chaeyeon asked while offering her hand to help the older girl stands up.

“You going to get some water, right? Let’s go.” Eunbi took Chaeyeon’s hand as she stood up, straightening her shirt before following Chaeyeon.

Eunbi stopped as they pass through the Boombayah group. She was silently watching them practicing and as expected her eyes found its way to the certain girl.

“She’s seriously working hard for the rap,” Eunbi muttered lowly but Chaeyeon heard it.

“Huh? Who’s rapping?” Chaeyeon asks as she followed Eunbi’s eyes. “Kang Hyewon? She’s rapping? How did you know that unnie?” Chaeyeon asked confusedly as she didn’t get any idea what the girls were doing from where they stand at the moment. And how did Eunbi knew that when they haven’t even seen everyone position since there’s no reviewing session yet.

“Huh?” Eunbi turned her head at Chaeyeon.

“How did you know she’s rapping?” Chaeyeon’s brows furrowed while attentively waiting for Eunbi’s answer.

“Did I say it like that? I mean, they might need to work hard for the rap part. It’s boombayah, Chae.” Eunbi explained, not wanting Chaeyeon to question more. It’s not like she can simply say that she dreamed about it and saw Hyewon’s rapping.

“Let’s go, Chae. They might be waiting for us.” Eunbi quickly diverted Chaeyeon’s attention, not wanting to further the topic because she knows the younger girl beside her is not dumb.

 

So, it’s really you. I cannot wait to see how people will react to you.

 

A smile creeping to her face every time she saw the girl trying her best in everything she had.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Ich.” Eunbi scoffed as her eyes glanced at the clingy couple from See You Again team.

“Are you okay?” Sian quickly diverts her eyes to Eunbi when she heard the scoff.

“What?” Eunbi has her brow raised.

“Why are you irritated anyway?” Sian asks curiously. “Please don’t tell me you are jealous.” Sian raised a brow while smirking.

“What? Why should I?” Eunbi said annoyed. “I don’t even close to her.”

“Well, you’ve been watching her since forever.” The smirk never left Sian’s lips.

“Yah! Stop it!” Eunbi keeps frowning while Sian cannot stop laughing, ignoring the hand that keeps slapping her arm.

“Unnie, why does your face so red?” Chaewon asked worried while putting her palm on Eunbi’s hand in which Eunbi quickly moved her hand away.

“Don’t worry, Chaewon. She’s definitely fine.” Sian said while laughing.

“Ich!” Eunbi crossed her arms while glaring at Sian. “She won’t stop teasing me about Hyewon. I’m not even looking at her.” Eunbi blurted out, seeing the confused face of Chaewon.

“Oh, you don’t know Chaewon. She was getting fire on her eyes while looking at Hyewon being clingy with Yiren.” Sian never leaves to tease the older girl more.

Chaewon cannot help but laughed when she heard Sian but quickly muffled her laugh after seeing Eunbi glaring at her.

 

 

Eunbi cannot help but cried knowing that she will not see her partner in crime anymore. Maybe they will be but it’s going to be hard now.

“Hey unnie, stop being a coward.” Sian managed to whisper the words to Eunbi while they’re embracing each other with tears running down their face.

 

 

The day they waited finally came. Standing at the center of attention, their heartbeat must be running so fast at the moment while Lee Seung-gi opened the sealed card.

As soon as the name called, a smile automatically grew on Eunbi’s face. Hyewon is debuting, so will the dream come true? Eunbi felt her heart beat faster as soon as her name called. She’s debuting.

 

I’m living the dream. We are living the dream. Can I change it?

 

As she stepped to the glamorous stairs, a pair of arms were extended, waiting for Eunbi to indulge into her embrace for a hug. A rush of emotions came to her as she felt the warmth of the younger girl. She managed to get closer with the lover of her dream version. Kang Hyewon was giving her a happy, proudly smile. They pulled away from each other arms and seated to where they belonged. Eunbi managed to take a glance at the girl beside her. They’re going to live together now. She will live in one roof with her l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter