14. QUEEN

To The World [incomplete, hiatus]
Please log in to read the full chapter

The month of May arrived and after Children's Day SMU were in full swing of another popular event happening for the whole month. The event in question was basically a popularity contest for the rich and oh-so hot students on campus to get voted as the May King and Queen. Although in reality it was a contest of the vail, this actually helped a lot of charities and other things get attention and the funds they needed. Anybody could run and participate in the competiton for May Royalty and how you were voted for was headed by the Student Council in collecting votes via SNS and other means until the winners were announced on the last week of May.

The twins and cousin didn't really care for this as they had other things they were interested in, but because Skyler always participated and always ended up in the top five, she really wanted to win this year. By winning, she was gonna go all out and promote herself as much as possible to gain the votes of her fellow classmen. By doing that, she invested in the help of AxA to spread the love and support around campus. One other thing Skyler got her friends to do for her was a busking event that she knew would surely draw in the crowd while also helping the humane society to get the animals adopted at a discounted price.

"Hello fellow classmates and probably some faculty with free time, but thank you for joining me and my team today." Skyler announced.

The onlookers surrounded the group of five around the school's forum where AxA were setting up the speakers and other things to be able to perform properly while people whispered wondering why the four females were wearing masks.

"It is, I, Skyler Lee, from the Department of Political Science and International Relations, and once again I'm running as a candidate for May Queen."

She began pacing back and forth while talking as the other four just stood behind her awaiting their cue to start.

"By voting for me, I have an adorable and lovable charity I would love for all of you to partake in."

Skyler motioned for Serena to set up the stand and board with the words of 'Seoul's Humane Society' on it. There were several pictures of cats, dogs, rabbits, and other little critters on it with small information about them.

"If you have a caring home to provide for them as well as have the time to care and love them, too, then I would be ever so grateful towards you in giving these furry beings a new home to go to."

Skyler then stopped pacing and stood in the center of the forum once more.

"If you're interested, then please talk to me and I'll help you at a discounted price! In the mean time, please enjoy some great performances by my friends, AxA!"

Skyler motioned towards the four while walking off to the side where she had all the information for the Seoul's Humane Society as well as being able to control the music and the likes. The quartet made sure they were all settled before taking over.

"Hello, everyone! We're AxA and we're here in support of our lovely friend, Skyler." Serena announced as Jasmine took over.

"Please do vote for our girl as well as adopt a new friend to take home!"

Melanie spoke up next.

"Other than that, we're not professionals so we hope our stages interests you. Thank you!"

Katherine wrapped up the talking ment.

"And please enjoy the songs we have prepared as they're related to the whole May Royalty concept."

With that, AxA got into formation while they nodded towards Skyler to play the first song, HISTORY's Queen, with Jasmine singing first.

[JASMINE] Queen

Don’t touch it, we love it
She’s dancing on the floor
Boom boom boom boom
[MELANIE] Don’t touch it, we love it
She’s dancing on the floor
Boom boom boom boom

[SERENA] Today is good day
The weather in Bangkok is unpleasant
Girls wear different makeup
Someone puts fire on the hips
[JASMINE] Ludwig van Beethoven
I can’t hear but focus
I’m the king, you’re the queen
You are the hero tonight
I rarely answer my boss looking for me

[MELANIE] People wander,
eat, drink, and shout
I’m a real freak, freak man
If you say nothing and
keep going for tomorrow,
you can be, before you know, we all Pac-Man
[KATHERINE] Get on my back naturally
and wag your tail
Look into my eyes and say it

[JASMINE] Queen

Don’t touch it, we love it
She’s dancing on the floor
Boom boom boom boom
[MELANIE] Don’t touch it, we love it
She’s dancing on the floor
Boom boom boom boom

Some of the people watched the performance while a few would actually go up to Skyler and asked about the whole adoption process. The group of four weren't aware that Hansol and some company actually showed up to see the busking event as Skyler had informed Hansol about it the other day.

[KATHERINE] The stage is opened
and I’m a clown ransacking here and there
You receive applause
from people opening a road for you
[JASMINE] Crazy intoxication
Historic criminalisation
No need for a nerd here
We gotta boom, Rolonoa man

[MELANIE] People wander,
eat, drink, and shout
I’m a real freak, freak man
If you say nothing and
keep going for tomorrow,
you can be, before you know, we all Pac-Man
[KATHERINE] Get on my back naturally
and wag your tail
Look into my eyes and say it

[JASMINE] Queen

Don’t touch it, we love it
She’s dancing on the floor
Boom boom boom boom
[MELANIE] Don’t touch it, we love it
She’s dancing on the floor
Boom boom boom boom

[SERENA] So relaxed that I don’t need
a luxury watch or designer brand
Everything is free whoever I’m with here
To compare like James Bond
Even casual outfits fit like a suit
New York, the city never sleeps
Free goddess seduce me when they see me
Hey, why do you catch the lady who is leaving
Lady, keep coming on the road as you did

[KATHERINE] Don’t touch it, we love it, on the floor

[JASMINE] Queen

Don’t touch it, we love it
She’s dancing on the floor
Boom boom boom boom
[MELANIE] Don’t touch it, we love it
She’s dancing on the floor
Boom boom boom boom

When that song came to an end, another song, Red Queen by IU featuring Zion.T, played next. After that song was over, AxA did one more song which was Dancing Queen by fromis_9 before taking a mini break. Skyler returned to stand in the center to speak to the crowd again.

"We're just gonna let AxA take a breather for a moment as I informed you that so far I have twenty people interested in adopting and at least three who are adopting!"

She clapped as everyone else followed suit before talking again.

"So thank you all for your interest thus far. You are definitely helping a great cause. Anyways, the next stage that AxA will perform will be a special stage as I'll be showcasing my skills, too! So please anticipate it!"

Skyler happily faced her friends as they helped her adjust to perform while they also situated themselves. The quintet would be performing Son Dambi's Queen while Skyler was the main performer as AxA served as her supporting performers. Still they made sure Skyler would stand out and help her as much as possible. The quartet sang the first line before Skyler actually sang the next verse.

[AxA] Oh ladies, this is your story
Listen well and find yourself, hey listen

[SKYLER] Much higher kill heels, my over denim loo-looks
My fingertips are bling, bling, pink shade lip glo-loss
[AxA] See the reflection of

Please log in to read the full chapter