/3

No Strings Attached
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The news of Taeyong and Jennie’s upcoming date had spread like wildfire throughout the SM building. When Jennie had went back home the next day, she was met by an interrogation and she had no choice but to confess everything to her members. Jisoo already knew about her arrangement with Kai and had warned her several times that she would end up getting hurt in the end which proved to be true, as expected from the all-knowing Jisoo. But the two maknaes however, were a completely different story, they went absolutely nuts when they found out that Jennie was hooking up with Kai but sobered up pretty quick as she continued with her story of her confessing her feelings for him and being turned down. Their reactions went from excited to sad and angry and then one of excitement again by the time she was done telling them about her impending date with NCT’s leader.

“Taeyong oppa is a great guy unnie, I’m sure he’ll treat you right,” Chaeyoung had piped in after she was done.

“I still can’t believe you have been ing THE Kai from EXO behind our backs all this time unnie!” Lisa was still dazed.

“Are you okay? I’m beating his next time I see him just so you know.” Jisoo had said with motherly affection as Jennie laid her head on her lap.

She was glad Jisoo wasn’t rubbing the fact that she had been right all this time in Jennie’s face or that she was indeed facing the consequences by not listening to her advice and ending up getting hurt as a result. Jennie was really grateful to have her.

Jisoo and her always had a special, unbreakable bond. They just clicked like two peas in a pod even though they couldn’t be more different from one another.

Jisoo was warm, friendly, funny and extremely lovable. Anyone that came across her instantly fell in love with her personality after being enamored by her looks. Jennie, on the other hand was much more reserved, she didn’t open up to people easily and wasn’t the most approachable person. People were intimidated by her and usually steered clear of her referring to her as “the ice princess” when in reality she was just shy and hesitant when initiating conversations.

But she was anything but that around Jisoo. They immediately understood how the other was feeling without the need for any words.

Jisoo could detect the sadness in her eyes and her voice and decided to take matters into her own hands. She couldn’t stand seeing her best friend like this. So she grabbed a blanket and covered Jennie’s sleeping body with it before taking her phone from the table and stepping out on the balcony for privacy.

She dialed a familiar number and paced back and forth anxiously as she waited for EXO’s leader to pick up.

Lisa, on the other hand couldn’t contain her excitement about Jennie’s date with Taeyong and as a result she had accidentally let it slip in the Thai-line group chat which Ten was also a part of. From there on the news had spread, starting from the NCT dorm where all the members started to endlessly tease an embarrassed Taeyong about scoring a date with the girl of his dreams, to the Red Velvet dorm where Irene was ecstatic and calling Jennie non-stop to confirm the news and finally, the EXO dorm where the atmosphere was quite the opposite.

Junmyeon had been on the phone with a livid Jisoo for over an hour as she filled him in on everything and how Kai had ed up and broken Jennie’s heart. She kept firing threat after threat of the things she would do to Kai to make him pay and Junmyeon tried his best to pacify her, promising that he’d speak to him. After she had hung up, Junmyeon had called for an emergency meeting at their dorm and everyone had dropped everything and rushed from their respective apartments.

They were currently seated around the coffee table in their living room as Junmyeon verbally attacked a shameful Jongin and everyone was finally made aware of the situation. Sehun who had arrived fashionable late as always couldn’t help but chime in with his sassy remarks, clearly mad at Jongin for hurting one of his closest friends.

“Jongin, do you even realize what you have done?” Junmyeon was mad and disappointed. “How could you just toy with the poor girl’s heart like that?”

“Hyung, I said she had agreed to everything. It’s not like she’s a baby, I didn’t force her. She fully knew what she was getting herself into. I didn’t ask her to fall in love with me.” Jongin was equally angry.

“You know what-” Sehun had had enough and he marched up to Jongin and punched him square in the jaw, shocking everyone in the room. “You’re an Kim Jongin. Anyone could see how she was head over heels for you. She was there with you when you were at your lowest, she stayed with you and listened to you whine about your ex even though she didn’t have to since your little arrangement was only about . You threw away quite possibly the best thing that has ever happened to you just because you’re too scared of letting go of your ex when she has clearly moved on.”

Everyone in the room was left stunned in silence by the time Sehun was done. They had never seen their maknae like that.

“Wait, how do you know all of that? Have you known about them all along?” Chanyeol asked the question that was on everyone’s minds.

“Yes I have, because I have been the one picking up the pieces of her heart that Jongin keeps shattering.” He finished, glaring at a Jongin who looked like he could cry.

Jongin knew of Sehun bumping into Jennie at his apartment and that they had become friends after that but he didn’t know how close they had gotten. Hearing Sehun’s revelation Jongin couldn’t help the bitter feeling of jealousy bubble in his chest.

“Wait, do you like Jennie too?” This time it was Baekhyun who spoke up, utterly confused by everything.

“No, I don’t.” Jongin’s shoulders relaxed a little hearing his response. “We’re just really close friends and I care about her a lot unlike someone else in this room.

“Tell me Jongin, do you love her?” Yixing, who had been in Korea working on his next album and had found himself caught up in the middle of this drama, found himself asking.

Yixing had a really simple and honest mindset. He wasn’t one for games at all. He was too busy to date with all his schedules but once he found the right girl he didn’t plan on wasting any time with games. He would tell her that he loved her and he would try to keep her happy as best as he could. So Jongin’s predicament was one bringing immense displeasure and confusion to him.

“No, I don’t know hyung-” Jongin closed his eyes and sighed, running a hand through his hair, agitated at how ed up his life had gotten in the span of a day.

“That’s a good thing then.” Sehun piped in again, this time a smug expression taking over his face. “Atleast she won’t be holding onto any hope considering she’s going on a date with Taeyong on Friday.”

Hearing that, Jongin’s eyes flew open and he shot up in his seat.

“Taeyong? As in our Taeyong-ie??” Baekhyun asked excitedly clapping his hands, having fun with this interesting turn of events.

“Yeah, him. He has been crushing on her for so long and he finally got the chance to shoot his shot thanks to Jongin here.” Sehun didn’t miss the opportunity to take another jab at him.

“Wait, how do you know this?” Jongin asked and they all turned to him, surprised he was asking.

“Because I was the one who set them up.” Sehun replied, his eyes twinkling with amusement seeing how Jongin looked absolutely ready to kill him. “I ran into her as she was leaving last night and I took her home, I couldn’t stand seeing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter