Interlude # 1: Mint

Paper folding to the moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hitomi hates mint.

She hates how the cool color hits her eyes, too brightly for her own liking.

So, when Kim Chaewon parades the halls with her mint green sweater her eyes squints and travels to anywhere that is Not Kim Chaewon.

She hates the mint’s strong cool, herby scent.

So, her nose crinkling every now and then every time she gets a whiff of Kim Chaewon’s scent because Kim Chaewon, indeed smell very much like mint.

She hates much more mint flavored food or pastries. Imagine how one can eat anything that tastes everything like tooth paste?

So, her face falls into an involuntary grimace every time Kim Chaewon beams brightly with every spoonful of mint choco ice cream as she preaches about the health benefits of mint at the middle of the school cafeteria.

In conclusion of Hitomi’s formula:

Mint = Kim Chaewon

More and very reasonable reason she has to hate Kim Chaewon.

But,

Too bad, she misses Kim’s smile that shines brightly than her annoying mint colored sweater.

Too bad, she misses how red the tip of Kim Chaewon’s ears are every time they pass each other.

Too bad, she misses how Kim Chaewon’s smile turns into a small frown every time she turns around to exit the cafeteria.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter