Three

Ours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

23rd February 2018, Seoul South Korea

Yiran can’t hold her laughter, as she marathon-ing watching Idol Producer, where Jackson and Lay being judges. Her brother looks so silly for her, but she knows that he’s always serious when it comes to music. And so does Jackson. At the thought of Jackson, Yiran can’t help but looking at the thin red bracelet on her left wrist.

 

 

“I’ve something for you”

“Something for me? What is it?”

Jackson take a small box gift from his bag, giving it to Yiran. She looks back at Jackson and the gift on her hand, as if asking Jackson if she can open it now. He nods his head, “It’s a lucky charm. My mom gives me one this new year, she said it’s to prevent a bad luck” Jackson shows his bracelet on his left wrist, making Yiran’s heart pounding hard. She stares at the bracelet on her hand, it’s so identical. She’s wondering if this means something more.

“I asked my mom for another one, to give it to you. I’d like for you to prevent bad luck too..”

“ You don’t like it?” asked Jackson, noticing Yiran’s silence. She shakes her head, “I like it. Thank you, ge. It’s beautiful”

 

 

Drrt drrt.. Drrt drrt..

Yiran’s face lit up as she saw the caller’s id on her phone. She picked the TV’s remote control while she answered the call.

“Ran mei~”

“Hmm, why ge?”

“Did you watch the show?”

“Yeah, you look so silly ge!”

“What? How can you say that, you little mei. I’m the national producer representative!”

Yiran giggles, “But all you talk about is balance, balance, balance! What’s balance anyway?”

“It’s important mei, you can’t have an amazing performance without ba—“

“All right, all right ge. I won’t understand even if you explain it to me. But for sure I know that you’re always serious when it comes to music” ‘like particular someone too’ whispers Yiran in her head.

“Like someone too, right mei?”

Yiran’s eyes went wide, “Wh-hat a-are you tal-lking about ge?”

“You really don’t know mei?”

Yiran can feel her heart’s beat picking up. She glances at the television in front of her. She knows by heart that the boy wearing the black hat on the TV is the one who Yixing talking about.

“Whoever you like, I just want you to be happy mei. Don’t close your heart too tight, okay?”

“Ge…”

“But! Everyone who wants to be your boyfriend should go through me first okay? I’ve to make sure that you’re in the good hands. I don’t want you to be hurt like last time”

Yiran’s smiling, her heart warming with Yixing’s words. “You know what ge? I don’t think there would be anyone that loves me like how you love me. You’re the best, Zhang Yixing!”

Yixing’s laughing, “Oh mei. You never know that. I bet there will be someone out there that loves you just as much as me, if not more”

 

***

Then I realized, you’re all that I can see..

 

15th March 2018, Keori Art Studio

 

 

Yiran’s hand stops brushing the canvas when she hears her phone’s ringtone. She shakes her head lightly, knowing by heart who calls her.

“Do you have anything to say for me mei?”

“Who is this

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter