First

Screamin' Beans

With a bounce in her step, Joy skips down the path. Curious eyes glance towards the tall smiling girl. Behind her, a shorter girl tries to hide from any wandering eyes. Wendy brings a hand up in an attempt to be discrete. It wasn’t working. It’s too early for this, she thinks even though it was close to one in the afternoon. Opening to ask when they were going to get there, all of a sudden Joy stops, forcing Wendy to a halt and ramming right into her. Ignoring the forceful push, Joy points over to the building to the left and then to the right with much less fervor. 

“So, to the left is where the art people are and to the right is… meh.” As per usual, Wendy raises an eyebrow to question her taller friend. “Isn’t that building the performing arts building? You know, where the THEATER MAJORS are? You know, YOUR MAJOR?!?”

Joy simply shrugs, “And, what about it? Isn’t that what you felt like before you dropped out?” She’s met with silence

The older scrunches her face a bit. Wendy just nods, acknowledging what Joy said. I mean, she’s not wrong.

Remembering her task at hand, Wendy clasps her hands and rubs them together (surprise surprise, they were crust and dry as hell.) Making a mental note to herself to get some lotion, she speaks up, “So, to the work inquiry board or like a director’s office or something like that?”

“The work inquiry board? Girl what? Stop speaking like you’re in some medieval roleplay or some . Isn’t it like LARP-ing or something like that?”

“Are you talking about DnD?”

Bewildered, the younger just looks at the ancient creature before her.

“Dn - what?”

Her eyes widened greatly. A faint blush grows on her face from her accidental exposure of her own nerdy .

“Nope. Nope! NEveR MiND IGnoRe M e!”

Just smiling smugly at her fool and geek of a friend. “We get it grandma, you're a big nerd and we love you anyway.” She clasps the shorter’s shoulder and points down a direction. “The antique work inquiry board is that-a-way because this school is sooo old fashioned.”

Groaning loudly, Wendy places her face in her hands before soccer mom-walking towards the direction Joy pointed towards and away from her.

“WaitwaitWait!”

Wendy stops in her tracks and peaks at her friend through fingertips. What is it now...

“Sorry, the wrong direction, go left, not right. Or is it right not left.” A staring competition begins.

“Whatever just go wherever your heart is leading you, I give up.”

Moving her hands from their place, Wendy looks at her friend, face full of “wtf” energy and gave her a dirty look.

Once again, Joy just shrugs, giving a total of no s to her friend’s misery. She just gives a thumbs up for moral support. Wendy, for once, follows the advice. She gives up on the guide named Joy and walks to the art building with haste. With no one to lead her (cause her friend, as much as she loves her, can be really useless sometimes), she walks briskly and blindly. Then it happened. Wendy runs into a wall (a student) coming out of class. And only one thought coursed through her mind as it happened.

Holy , this person has abs.

Hardly grasping the fact that she just rammed into someone, Wendy looks up (holy monolids and baby bangs) and sprouts indistinguishable words. Quickly moving a few feet away, she bows 90 degrees like a fool as an apology.

“S-Sorry!”

Behind her, she hears a familiar cackle resonant the open air. She continues to animatedly bow before reaching for the dying figure. Turning in embarrassment, she quickly grabs the laughing taller and pushes her, (tugs her more like), to get to her initial destination. Eventually, she comes to a stop after a few minutes of running away. Heart beating quickly and very out of breath. Wendy gasps for air with her hands against her knees for support. Somehow, her rapid walking led them to their destination. Taking in a needed minute to catch her breath, she looks to find the girl she bumped into to be very far far away.

A voice reminded her about the body she was dragging with her. “Wow Wendy unnie, you sure fell for her. “ (A distant buddump pshhh sounds from the performing arts building).

“Stop it-” Promptly shifting the topic to something else, “Hey Sooyoung, are you fine with going with me to the store after this? I need to buy a couple of things. We’re low on cocoa beans, Caribbean Beans, strawberry jam…” She continues listing things off, trying to push away the fact that she might have fallen for someone she knows n o t h i n g about! Nothing but the fact the other has abs, monolids, and cute baby bangs…! Uh huh, no romantic feelings here!


oof, it's been a fat while. So, in return, have an (albeit short) double update!