Chapter 2: Just the Icing

Innocently, Sweetly

Image result for icing

CHAPTER 1

"Just the Icing"

The sun was already setting when Taeyeon finished prepping herself up for tonight’s celebration. After making sure she looked presentable in front of the mirror, she fetched her handbag and reached for her phone. “5:13 PM”, she mumbled. Immediately she went out of her room and proceeded to the hall wherein the gathering will happen.

Taeyeon’s POV

Tonight’s the night and surprisingly, I’m feeling good. Normally I would be irritated since she’s coming back here and invade my space but after planning out the party for her, I feel excited. I’m sure she’ll be surprised by the end of the night especially after I offer my welcome gift to her. And speak of the devil, she arrived.

[Applauses]

Everyone welcomed her with big smiles including me. Since there are cameras around and it will be bad for the business if they get a scoop on our supposedly perfect family. But setting that aside, let’s have the fun begin.

“Hello my sweet cousin. I really missed you and don’t you look prettier tonight?” She greeted in an annoyingly high-pitched voice. My God, I really hate her.

“Hello Irene, it’s been a long time. I’m happy to see you again.” I hugged her and gladly she hugged back but of course, a devil’s horns can’t hide for too long.

“You’re getting good at pretending, aren’t you?” She whispered as she reckoned in to my arms. When she pulled away, she was already smiling like she just said the kindest thing in the world. I squeezed her hands as hard as I could, well, I can’t help it. It calms me down even if I wanted to kill her on the spot. It’s like a compensation for myself when I can’t hit her back. I returned it with a smirk and motioned for everyone to finally sit down.

My father remained standing while holding a glass of wine and slightly hitting it with a fork to get everyone’s attention.

“I would like for everyone to welcome my beautiful niece, Irene, as she stays here in my household and of course she’ll be helping in my company also with my sweet daughter.” He looked at me waiting for my response. I stood up and continued to the address.

“To warmly welcome my loving cousin, I prepared a cake just for her. It’s her favorite strawberry cake with cherries on top.” Huh. Be ready, Irene, because this will be really memorable for you. I looked at the waiter bringing the cake in and waited for him to place it in front of her. She looked at me, confused and guarded as to what may come next.

“Irene, I would like you to try it right now as the sign to start the celebration.” I sneered at her but not too obvious for the cameras to catch. The waiter then started to get a slice and placed it on a plate for her to eat. She slowly picked up her fork and cautiously took a bite.

“How is it? Did you like it?” I intentionally made my voice sound higher than before as if I wanted to mock her. Right then, I can see her face slightly distorting due to the taste. My, my, how naïve can you be to not smell the alcohol before you even took a bite? She tried to smile it away and looked back at me.

“It’s really good. I love it.” With that, the champagnes popped and the people began to eat from the buffet. I sat beside her and started to eat my own slice.

“You snake! You really are trying to kill me from the start don’t you? You knew I’m allergic from alcohol and you dare put it into the cake you’re giving me? How heartless.” She complained without end and tried to ruin my mood but jokes on her, I don’t really care. After all, my mother used to say that bad people tend to live longer. So I was very sure she wouldn’t drop dead just because of that. Sorry not sorry.

“Are you just going to ignore me?” She scoffed and turned towards my father to grumble about my deed. I peeked at my father’s plate if he had already tried the cake and to my surprise he already finished his share. I observed his facial impression as Irene kept on arguing how rude I was to do that to her. Finally, my father spoke.

“I know. I’m really sorry about that and I apologize that I forgot how you were allergic of alcohol. I’ll get you once of the best cakes we have right now and I’ll ask my butler if he could get your medicine before your allergy kicks in.” He wiped the corners of his mouth and ushered the butler to come closer. Seems like he really ordered them what he said. He looked at me and I thought he would have a scary face but instead, he had no expression at all. I couldn’t read him if he was angry or satisfied with what I did. I sighed a relief when he broke off our eye contact to offer Irene a new slice of cake. Too bad it doesn’t have cherries anymore.

 

A few hours later, the welcome party finished and I was about to go into my room when someone grabbed me by my wrist. I glared at the person and raised my eyebrows, “What do you want?” I coldly asked.

“Come on, don’t be cold. I thought you were in a good mood after that fiasco you did earlier. I almost died.” Irene crossed her arms and smirked at me. I repeated my question, “I said, what do you want?” This time, I faced her and that’s when her expression changed.

“What do I want? An apology Kim Taeyeon. Or more like, I’m giving you a chance to get out of hell while you still can.” She threatened me. Is this a joke? Why would I be scared of her? I’m the master here and even in school, I’m the queen. And she’s only a guest, not a master.

“Why would I apologize? I don’t apologize for things that are meant to happen. You actually deserved it.” I taunted her back. Her face darkened a lot more and she stepped forward until we’re only an inch away from each other.

“I’m warning you now, if you’re trying to mess with me, forget it. You’ll never know the taste of victory. What can I say, this is just the icing of the cake.” She tried to intimidate me but she got surprised when I didn’t back down. Normally, I would just turn my back against her or ignore her remarks however right now, I started it and surely I will finish it with me winning against her.

“Then, I’ll just ignore your warning. You see, I would like to taste more than just the icing. So bring it on and I’ll make sure by the end of this, you will never be able to step on my level again. Good night!” I said in a cheery tone to annoy her. If she’s a , then I can be more of a than her. I’ll show her what hell’s really like.

Image result for line png

Image result for kim taehyung 

" I'll make you mine. No matter what it takes. Believe me."

 

Author's Note:

Looks like V will make an entrance next chapter! Please stay tune and bear with my slow updates since I'm busy with my life outside AFF.

I really appreciate it when you read my story and please subscribe or upvote. I will also love it if you leave a comment.

Lovelots!