Last Day?

Enamoured

“Screw you, CEO Oh,” I muttered under my breath as I looked around every corner in the building before walking down the halls.

Everyone in the building basically knew me now.

nO sPeCiAl TrEaTmEnT MY

People were basically treating me like a freakin’ celebrity! I couldn’t make it across one floor without being stopped by at least five people to ask for dating advice or if they could take a picture with me.

Maybe, I really should quit.

There were many that seemed to like me, but I knew that there were others that gave me death glares if I even came within ten feet of them. So, I guess it wasn’t really special treatment.

Well, whatever it was, I hoped that it would stop soon. It was only my second day of work, and I already felt like quitting… AGAIN.

 

 

My eyes widened when I reached my desk. A fresh vase of a dozen red roses sat beside my computer. I didn’t have to think twice to know who put it there.

I could hear whispers about me and the flowers.

I sighed and pushed the flowers away, only to see a small red Cartier bag behind the vase. I frowned and picked it up, seeing a small card on the inside. I opened the card.

 

I hope you like it! I had it made esecially for you, Honey Bun! Love you lots! How does dinner at Pierre Gagnaire à Séoul sound? It’s my favorite french resturant. I reserved a window table for us at 7PM. I’ll pick you up after you’re finish with work.

Sehun

 

I put the card back into the bag. I scoffed silently to myself and clenched my teeth.

Did he think he could win me over with expensive gifts and dinner? Did he think I would like him for his money?

I didn’t know why I had the slightest hope that maybe, just maybe we could have something special. I barely knew the man, but it was hard to ignore that he was going out of his way to get me to notice him.

He had more guts than I did, but if I didn’t fully believe that he was playing with me before, now I knew he was.

I was a toy, wasn’t I?

Why did it feel like everyone here was in on it?

I sighed and set the bag down. I sat down and my computer. I typed a note to CEO Oh, and then I typed a second to Kyungsoo.

I printed them both out and put them in separate envelopes. On the envelope for CEO Oh, I simple wrote: CEO Oh.

On the envelope for Kyungsoo, I wrote: Resignation Letter.

I didn’t belong here. Who was I kidding? Maybe CEO Oh saw that I was young and inexperienced and decided that I was naive and stupid. Well, maybe I was because I almost fell for his tactics.

I set CEO Oh’s letter on my desk beside the presents he had gotten for me. Then, I walked over to Kyungsoo’s office and knocked on his door twice. He saw me through the window and smiled at me. He gestured for me to walk in.

I gulped, clenching my teeth. Who resigns on the second day of work?

Oh, right. Me.

“I was just about to call you in to introduce you to Seulgi—”

“Team Leader Do,” I cut him off.

He seemed taken aback, but he held his tongue and waited for me to continue.

“I know this is ridiculous, but,” I held out the envelope. “I’m quitting.”

Kyungsoo paused, looking at the envelope, then at me.

“Are you sure, Sihyeon?” he seemed worried.

I forced a smile and nodded.

“Yes.”

“Is there anything I can do to stop you from quitting?”

“No,” I looked down for a few seconds before looking at him again. “I want to quit.”

 

 

“Can I get two medium iced americanos and a chocolate chip muffin, please?”

“Yes, that’ll be 11,000 won.”

After quitting, I went straight back to my old job. Thank goodness that they hadn’t hired a new person. I had worked here for a long time, so they were very excited to have me back. It was weird. This morning, I was working for a billionaire, and now I was working for little over minimum wage at a café.

I was in a daze, wondering what my future would be like now when the next customer came up.

“May I have you back working for me, with me?”

“Yes,” I looked up holding my hand out without second thought. “That’ll be—”

I paused.

Wait what?

I looked up and saw a seemingly upset CEO Oh.

“CEO Oh?” I frowned. “Why are you here?”

“I could ask you the same thing.”

I could tell that people were now staring at us with interest. I groaned and pulled my coworker aside to tell her that I was taking an early break before gesturing CEO Oh to follow me to the back room. His eyes lit up when I did so, jut causing me to roll my eyes again.

Once we were behind closed doors, I crossed my arms and glared at him to which he surprisingly frowned and cowered into a corner like a scared animal.

“You need to stop this. You like me, I know that, but I don’t like you. You said you don’t have time to pursue me, so why are you even here?” I was getting upset at him.

CEO Oh cleared his throat and dug his heels into the ground. A sudden feeling of recognition came over me. I felt like this was déjà vu. I didn’t know why.

“I’m sorry. I just…I get sad when I know you’re not near me. I just… I’m sorry. I know I shouldn’t be here,” his shoulders seem to droop even lower. “I just wanted to let you know how I feel so I wouldn’t regret it this time,” he muttered the last sentence.

I frowned.

“What?” I cocked my head to the side.

It seemed like he made the slip of the tongue because he perked up with horror flashing in his orbs.

“U-Uh, I’m busy, so I gotta go now. Bye!” he zoomed out of the room before I could never utter a word.

When the door closed, I stood there in silence.

CEO Oh. I didn’t know him at all, did I? But, why did it feel like I did?

But, I was sure that I didn’t personally know any CEOs. I frowned, feeling confused. CEO Oh’s last sentence to me was confusing me even more.

I’ve met several people in my life, but I would know if I had ever met CEO Oh… right?



I'm sorry for not posting in nearly a month! Life has gotten in the way!