Confession

Enamoured

I cleared my throat and held my hands tightly together as I sat on the too cushioned seat. CEO Oh sat across from me at the other side of the ungodly large desk in his office.

“You look beautiful today,” he spoke with a rather sweet smile on his face.

I wasn’t sure how to take the comment.

“Uh, thanks?” I muttered.

The CEO chuckled and cleared his throat.

“Okay, so what does your schedule look like?” he asked, bringing his eyes to his Apple Desktop.

I paused, thinking about what he just said.

“CEO Oh, isn’t this an interview for… for a marketing position?”

CEO Oh frowned.

“You can just call me Sehun.”

My eyes went to the glass name plate that said CEO Oh Sehun.

Sehun was his name.

No, I wasn’t going to call him that.

We weren’t friends.

“CEO Oh, may I ask what I’m even doing here?” maybe it was because he wasn’t my boss yet, that I was so bold to him.

CEO Oh chuckled.

“This isn’t an interview, Lee Sihyeon. You’ve already been hired as my personal assistant. And, like I said, call me Sehun.”

I blinked a couple of times in silence, trying to grasp what he just said.

“Personal assistant?” I asked. “I didn’t sign up for that position.”

“You signed up for the company in general. I’m the CEO. I can hire you for whatever position I want,” he shrugged.

For some reason, that ticked me off.

But, I bit my tongue and thought carefully.

I could deny this offer right here and now and walk out like a boss, or I could do what Sikyung said and work for Oh Industries and get a big fat check every two weeks.

Weighing out the odds…

“No.”

I knew I would get a scolding from Sikyung, but this was too weird. I barely knew the guy and sometimes it felt like he looked at me a bit too long and a bit too much.

“Oh,” CEO Oh didn’t seem too surprised.

Then, he chuckled.

“Well, the position is always open to you, whenever you feel like taking it up. Okay? I don’t want to force you into anything.”

Why was Fifty Shades of Grey popping into my head.

I clenched my fists and exhaled through my nose.

“I’m saying no because of a few reasons. Don’t you want to know why?” I asked.

CEO Oh smiled and nodded.

“Yes, please explain. If the pay is not—”

“Okay, one, I don’t even know how much a personal assistant makes, so that’s not even part of the equation. Two, I don’t know why you’re hiring me as a personal assistant. The only job I’ve worked is at a small café for the last two years. I don’t even have internship experience. I’m obviously below the requirements needed to work here. Third, why are you interviewing me in person? You’re the CEO of this company. I can’t help but feel like you have certain intentions in hiring me.”

Yes, Sihyeon. Stand your ground and be a badass .

I was fuming with the worse case scenario coming into mind. I think this CEO Oh wanted me to be his sugar baby.

Instead of an angry reply back that I was disrespecting him, I got a laugh from him.

Damn, he looked cute when he smiled.

“Well, Lee Sihyeon,” he chuckled, slapping his stomach. What was so funny? “First, Sihyeon, a personal assistant of mine makes 115,000 won a year.”

My jaw dropped.

That was nearly five times more than what I made at my current job.

“Second, I just like you. I don’t know what to say. When I first saw you, it was like…love at first sight? I was very intrigued by you. I’m a very busy person, so I don’t have time to pursue you. So, I decided to have you close to my side. Third, I really just wanted to see you again, so I had the interview done in person.”

Again, my jaw dropped.

H-How could he say such things! How could he! And, so easily!

It took me months to confess to my crush back in high school! I literally met CEO Oh less than a month ago!

I forced my jaw to close. I cleared my throat, feeling my cheeks heat up. I was beginning to sweat.

“Um,” I took in a shaky breath. “I-I don’t have that many good qualities, so I don’t know why you’re interested in me, but I’m not interested in you. I will never accept this job position, so please give it to someone that actually needs it. I-I’m going to take my leave now.”

I quickly stood up from my seat, causing the CEO to do the same.

“I-I’m sorry,” the CEO stuttered. “I didn’t mean to make you feel uncomfortable. I just…you’re the first person I’ve ever met that made me feel like…like I was flying.”

I gulped, not sure how to take his confession.

I was beginning to wonder if this was a joke.

“Well…I’m no match for you, so yeah… That’s that,” I quickly bowed to him and made my escape before things could get any weirder.

 

 

“GIRL. YOU GOT THE JOB! CEO Oh came to me personally to tell me that you got the marketing position! You start work tomorrow! Yes! We’re gonna be rich!” Sikyung yelped in glee, running around the apartment while I sat beside Chanyeol with confusion hitting me like a train.


Note

I tried to incorporate how I found out I was in love with someone. The moment I saw him (I actually knew him for awhile), I stopped. It felt like time froze (I'm not lying). My heart skipped a beat, and this big overwhelming feeling came over me and in my head, I said, "Oh my gosh, I love him."

And, Sehun doesn't love her. He's just interested in her and how she makes him feel.

This will be a short and sweet fic! <3