Why I Kissed You that Night

Silly Jinjoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It hurt. I remember that it hurt.

I saw you. I don't know where I got the courage to do it. Maybe from the vodka. Or the tequila. It could be the rum, too. I just knew that I had to come to you. If only to ease some of the pain.

I walked to where you were standing. You were in the middle of a small crowd, which I assumed were your friends. You guys were so loud. But that didn't stop me from coming to you.

Your friends laughed at something you said. That made me think you're a funny person. The dimples on your cheeks showed, and they were brighter than the party lights. It took me by surprise. For a split second, I wobbled, doubting my next move.

It didn't take long, however, for me to find my resolve again. I continued to drag my unsteady body to your direction, closing the distance between us.

"Hey, you," I said, pointing an index finger at you.

Your friends turned to look at me first, and they did it all at the same time that a small laugh escaped me. I'm such a headturner, even at this state. Then one of your friends tapped your shoulder. That was when your head slowly turned towards me.

There was a look of confusion on your face. I don't blame you. I would be the same if a drunk redhead suddenly appears out of nowhere and confronts me.

"You," I repeated.

"Me?" you asked.

"Yes, you," I confirmed.

"Do I know you?"

At this point, my gaze was just directed at you. I could no longer see your friends. I was only looking at you. Only you.

Then I took a step. Another step. Two more. Until we were just a few inches apart. You were taller than me so I had to look up at you. I could see the surprise in your eyes. I also noticed the tension in your body as you tried to move backwards. Away from me. I didn't make the effort to come to you for you to just move away from me.

I grabbed your wrist. I heard a small yelp and a sharp intake of breathe.

"W-w—"

Before you could question the situation, I did what I came to do. I tiptoed and reached your sweet red lips. It was so soft. I couldn't help comparing it to touching a feather. I don't know why. Maybe they emit the same soft feeling.

You probably thought that it was just going to be quick, like a peck, so you didn't close your eyes. I didn't close mine, too, because I wanted to see your reaction. But, again, I didn't make this much effort just to get that.

I wrapped my lips around yours, searching, exploring, wanting more. It didn't take long before the rest of your resistance crumbled. I saw you finally closing your eyes, and so I did, too. I didn't expect you to kiss me back, but you did. I was so sure that you did.

I felt your tongue searching, exploring, wanting more. The world stopped. It felt like it was just the two of us in a room filled with drunken people. The music didn't seem so loud anymore. All I could hear was the soft moans coming from you. I was most likely , too.

But it hurt. I remember that it hurt.

His face flashed through my silly mind, and I stopped. You didn't. You wanted more.

I let go of your hand, pulled away, and everything went back to the way it was. Loud music blaring through the speakers, blinding lights, loud drunken noises, bodies moving on the dance floor, glasses clinking—god, why did I come here? I had to ask myself.

I looked back at you. Your eyes were wide open. I expected to see disgust, condemnation—or even hatred—but I was surprised to see understanding in your eyes, like you wanted to know why.

Why did I do it? You studied me, like you wanted to remember how I looked this night.

I started to back away, taking small steps backwards before running away.

"Wait!" I heard your loud desperate scream.

I couldn't stop. I kept running until I found the door out. The effects of the alcohol wearing off. 

Silly, Minjoo. Stupid. This is why he broke up with you. What were you thinking kissing a random stranger at a bar? And she's a girl! Are you insane? You just had your heart broken! Is this your revenge?

"Wait! Please! Stop!"

No. Go away.

Then I felt a hand grabbing my arm. I had no choice but to stop. I was huffing, puffing, trying to catch my breath.

Then I saw you. You stood right in front of me. You looked as if you just ran a marathon and I probably looked the same.

"What was that for?" you asked.

Back then, I didn't know what to say. I was confused, terrified, and overwhelmed. I was hurt.

Now, I finally know the answer to your question. If you ask me the same question now, here's what I'm going to tell you...

"I kissed you because I wanted to. Because the light made your hair shine and your skin glow. You had a bright smile

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter