House of Slytherin

Welcome to Hogwarts

The halls were bustling, students swarming up and down in preparations for the day

Teachers and students all alike, excited for the ceremony where the newer students were to be sorted into one of the four Hogwarts Houses: Slytherins - ambitious, shrewd, cunning, Gryffindor - brave, daring, and chivalrous, Ravenclaw - intelligent, creative, witty, Hufflepuff - hard working, patient, loyal. 

"Yongsun! Have you seen the new students yet?" Bae Joohyun (sometimes known as Irene) whispered excitedly. While on her way to her second class earlier in the day, she caught a glimpse of the students. 

Yongsun glanced up from her book, "I haven't yet. Why?" Friends since birth and both sorted into Ravenclaw, Kim Yongsun and Bae Joohyun were the dream girls of Hogwarts, for not only their looks but their brains as well.

Kim Yongsun - the minute she had stepped foot onto Hogwarts, she was crowned nicknamed the bright sun of Hogwarts for not only her smile was bright but her personality was on par. Upperclassmens and professors absolutely adored her, believe it or not, even the Slytherins couldn't help but gawk at her as she walked down the hall. No doubt about it, she was the school beauty. 

Both girls were absolutely untouchable to all, never showing interest in anyone - which is why Yongsun was so surprised when Irene mentioned the new students. 

"There are some really good looking students," She blushed at the thought of a certain bear looking girl that made eye contact with her who stumbled into the silver haired girl in front of her. The two seemed like they were close. 

"Hmm, interesting," Yongsun got up and walked to their room, getting ready for the Sorting Ceremony, Irene followed along. 

 

Soon the bells rang and students rushed into the great hall, filling up the tables. The headmaster made her announcements, followed by the hall doors opening and the wave of new students entered, led by the Charms professor. 

Kang Seulgi looked around the vast hall, "Byulyi this place is amazing."     (A/N: Making Seulgi the same age as Byulyi) 

Moon Byulyi glanced up at the inside of the building, taking in the sight. Amazing was an understatement. The hall, like the rest of the school was an absolute wonder. She simply nodded. 

The students followed professor Hwang over to the headmaster's table.

Moon Byulyi (ever since she was born) has always been popular with the boys and girls - for her brains and her brawns. It was no surprise to when she befriended Kang Seulgi, a joyful bear. The two quickly became best friends. 

As the two passed the students sitting at the tables, they could hear whispers erupt from the crowd. 

"No way, it's them." 

"Oh my gosh - Byulyi is here. Please let her get sorted into our house." 

"You see the girl with the silver hair, most popular girl in the neighborhood back at home." 

"Byulyi's presence alone is incredible." 

Irene nudged Yongsun who (once again) was busy looking at her book, "Yongsun look. Aren't they gorgeous?" 

Yongsun glanced up, her eyes meeting with the silver hair girl's eyes, holy smokes

She felt her eyes bore into her soul. Lightly grabbing Joohyun's arm, she muttered, "Silver hair.... What's her name?" 

The girl across from the two leaned in and whispered, "That's Moon Byulyi. She's been the talk of Hogwarts ever since people found out she was attending. They had to delay the campus tours this morning because guys and girls kept on throwing themselves at her. Gorgeous isn't she?" 

 

Professor Hwang pulled out a long list, she read the names off the list - placing the sorting hat on every kid's head, slowly sorting them to different houses. 

Kang Seulgi

Seulgi pat Byulyi on the arm before she stepped up to the chair. The sorting hat mumbled somethine to itself for a bit before it yelled out, "Slytherin!" 

The house of Slytherin erupted into loud cheers, the other houses whispered amongst each other, an truly unexpected result. Seulgi and Byulyi shared a look with each other - Seulgi, a Slytherin? No way. 

A few other names were called and then:  

Moon Byulyi

Murmurs again erupted, everyone praying that Byulyi would be sorted into their house. 

The sorting hat mumbled to itself once again, "Hmmmmmmm. How interesting.... Hmmmmmm. You know- ...... Yes. Perfect.

Slytherin!"

Anyone that knew her would know that Moon Byulyi had the personality and the fit to be in any house - but Slytherin.

The entire great hall fell dead silent.

All eyes fell on the slim girl who stared blankly down the hall. Byulyi's eyes found Seulgi who grinned at her, at least they got to be in the same house, that was really all that mattered.

She rose from the seat, silver hair glowing under the candle light, robe flowing - leaving everyone in the hall breathless - as she strolled over to the table of the House of Slytherin. 

"Byulyi and Seulgi, slytherins? No way." 

"The sorting hat has never been wrong has it?" 

"It's always the quiet ones...." 

"There's no way." 

"There must be a mistake."

The decision of the sorting hat caused a rumble of murmurs to erupt amongst the students and even the professors themselves. 

Eventually the sorting ceremony and dinner was over. Students returned to their dormitories to fo their own business, not without glancing over at the brunette and silver haired girls standing in front of the Slythering dorm door as they passed by.  

The two felt hands on their shoulders, it was their house prefects Taecyeon and Sooyeon, "Byulyi, Seulgi, welcome to the House of Slytherins."