Bittersweet Milkshake

Bittersweet Milkshake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Weekend mornings were never Sana’s cup of tea. Everything’s so slow paced and the grogginess of waking up makes her want to stay still for a few more minutes, maybe even hours if she’s allowed to. The mattress under her and the pillows on her sides are hugging onto her and she hugs them right back with a half-annoyed groan and a half-satisfied sigh. 

 

The scent of coffee lingers throughout the studio apartment and she smiles with her eyes still shut. She moans just audible enough for the other person in the room to pour a cup for her as well.

 

“Did I wake you?” Momo asks. Although Sana couldn’t see her, although she can envision the smile the other girl is wearing right now. 

 

“You wouldn’t let me sleep last night.” Sana answers with a raspy voice, giggling shortly after. 

 

Momo makes her way to the bed, a mug in each hand. “Let’s be honest here,” she hands Sana one and her eyes smile sweetly as sugary as her coffee. “You were the one keeping us up all night.” 

 

“Well, I wouldn’t be if you weren’t calling my name like that over and over again.” Sana tests the temperature with her bottom lip, reflexively wincing at the scorching liquid. Momo giggles at her transformative expression from a freshly woken face to an even cuter grimace. 

 

“Like what?” Momo cheekily asks, a smug grin and a popping brow teasing the other girl. It was effective enough to paint her cheeks pink.

 

Sana glances down to Momo’s salmon pink sleeping shorts and on to her thighs, fought with her inner self from reaching out and squeezing them just to hear her name again with that sultry moan of hers from last night. “Meanie...”

 

Momo giggles, presenting her grin-like laugh and wide eye smiles in all their glory. “Let’s just say that it’s both our faults.” 

 

Sana nods repeatedly, her smile still on her face, and the more she did so the closer her head got to Momo’s. Their smiles disappear after a pause, both of them glancing downwards to their lips. Sana hers, an idle gesture she always does and Momo is momentary instincts pushed her to close the gap, softly biting Sana’s lower lip, eyes closed and sweet mocha swirling their taste buds. Then they laughed like innocent teenagers tasting a kiss for the first time.

 

“That’s some breakfast you served yourself.” Sana coos, giggling at a failed tease. “Can I take a bite as well?” She doesn’t wait for a reply as she leaned in again, capturing Momo’s lips into her own and mimicked the bite. Unlike Sana’s, Momo tasted less than coffee and more of chocolate, grimacing but held on nonetheless. “Delicious!” She exclaims quite out of breath first thing in the morning.

 

They sat there for a couple of minutes, taking in the morning rays from the window, the smoking bacon and eggs on the pan, and the whole of each other’s look of a morning mess. Sana would randomly giggle every now and then to which Momo asks why as she returns the laughs and Sana would shake her head. “Nothing. I’m just happy when I’m with you.”

 

Momo blushes at the compliment, every time. “What do you want to do today?” She gets their mugs, all empty from their idle sweet nothings, and makes her way back to the makeshift kitchen across the apartment. 

 

Sana stretches both arms and both legs outwards in an L shape with a satisfying groan. “We could just stay here and have all day.”

 

Momo snaps her head so fast it looked like it turned a hundred and eighty degrees. Sana was smiling all innocently that it didn’t match the words she just spoke. “You’re such a .” 

 

“You like me that way.” 

 

“I love you that way.” Momo turns the electric stove off and prepares the dining table set for two. “Now let’s eat some actual food before we do anything.”

 

Sana hops on the bed like a meerkat on patrol, her knees planted within the mattress. “Say that again.”

 

“Say what?” Momo asks as she takes her seat. “Let’s eat—“

 

“Before that!” 

 

Momo smiles softly, head shaking amusingly. “I love you.”

 

“I love you too.” Sana dashes out of the bed, her (not really) oversized black shirt barely covering her underwear, and hugs Momo from the back with the backrest in between them. Momo leans back onto her for a moment before tilting her head upwards. Sana kisses the other girl’s forehead before going down to her lips for another longing kiss.

 

A short exchange of giggles took place before Sana finally let the girl breathe in her own space. She takes the seat opposite of Momo, in delight after taking the first bite.

 

The restaurant they both work as waitresses at is temporarily closed and is under renovations. This meant a week, maybe even more, of free time. Momo took this chance to have Sana sleepover, it’s just that Sana never went home.

 

That was six days ago.

 

It’s been like this everyday for the past week, spending all their waking hours next to each other and lazing around in the other’s warmth. Orthodox dates isn’t really their thing. They would eat dinner in bed rather than go to some restaurant. On some days they would sleep all day and on others they would marathon movies on their couch. One thing is constant all throughout; their company for each other, even in bathroom breaks.

 

And, of course, lots of .

 

However, Sana has to come home eventually otherwise it would be an extremely waste of money paying rent for an apartment of her own if no one is going to use it. 

 

Momo was humming while doing the dishes when she started rotating and stretching her neck and shoulders. Sana took notice of it, she always has her eyes set on the other girl, watching her everything. “Sore shoulders?”

 

“I woke up in a weird position.” Momo brushes it off with an awkward giggle. She woke up with her neck stretched on Sana’s chest like attempting to milk out from the further . She’s not going to tell Sana that, of course. 

 

Sana gets up from her seat and makes her way to Momo, her hands immediately latching onto Momo’s trapezius giving moderate pressure. “Better?”

 

Momo relaxes onto it, a satisfying breath escapes her. The curve of her back connects perfectly onto Sana’s front and that contact alone made Momo lighter. “Galaxies better.”

 

Sana hums in approval placing soft kisses on random parts of Momo’s head. Her body slowly swaying sideways with Momo in tow, like they’re slow dancing to their harmonizing hums. Momo places her soapy hand on Sana’s arm, completely forgetting that she was just doing the dishes. Sana yelps in surprise by the wet coldness.

 

A romantic moment between them instantly turning into a bubble fight as their hums turned into energetic laughter and their bedtime clothes drenched with the mess they created. 

 

“Stop it!” Momo manages to say amidst the chaos, trying to catch Sana’s wrists.

 

“You started it! You stop first!” Sana bites back, her giggling louder than ever, flickering her fingers for more spray. Finally, Momo catches Sana’s wrists, held it steady beside their hips. She pulls the older girl close, close enough for their breaths to collide. Momo didn’t give Sana enough seconds to react as their lips interlock, both set of eyes involuntarily closing. As if that wasn’t enough, Momo snuck her tongue in and takes it out in a flash, ending their sudden kiss. “That’s cheating.”

 

Momo only smirks slyly in response before turning her attention back to the dishes, leaving Sana pouting and wanting for more. 

 

Sana didn’t want to leave it at that. She can’t be the only one left wanting for more. She had to get even. So she takes a few step back, turns about, and takes her soaked shirt off, throwing it over Momo’s head and landing perfectly into the sink and all Momo could do was gasp. “I’m taking a bath.” She says with a snarky attitude. 

 

Momo turns around quickly just in time to catch a glimpse of Sana’s defined before swallowing desperately like finding an oasis in the dessert. They spent the week together, having all morning, day, and night. She’s supposed to be used to it, even if just a little, but her instincts fail her greatly. 

 

“Damn it, Sana,” she hisses before following her into the bathroom.

 

After breakfast . What a treat.

 

 

 

 

 

“It’s so hot outside!” Sana complains as she leaned back onto the tiled wall. Neck down, her whole body is submerged into the tub which is barely fitting the two girls. 

 

Summer hasn’t been its kindest this year. It rarely is. 

 

“Want to get some ice cream?” Momo proposes, nudging Sana by the thigh with her toes. It’s also some sort of excuse to try and get themselves outdoors. She wanted to feel the sun even if it’s scorching right now.

 

“I want to, but it’s so hot~!” Sana whines, the heat invoking her to laze around like they have been this whole time. 

 

“We’ll get a whole tub of ice cream, then.” 

 

“It’ll all be cream and no ice by the time we get home.” Sana dives further in until her lower lip touches the surface, pouting at her own pessimism. It’s times like these Momo wonders how Sana’s duality instantly shifts from unhindered seducing to endearingly delicate. 

 

Momo forms a soft smile as she pats Sana’s ankles. “I can get it for us. You can just stay here in the tub.”

 

“No, I’ll come with.” Sana’s eyes shimmered dreadfully by the thought of being alone. They haven’t been gone from each other’s side for only a week yet it’s already unimaginable to be so. Just the thought alone sent shivers down Sana’s spine and it’s even saddening that Momo would even suggest going alone.

 

She stood from the tub and the water slides into waterfalls from the ends of her hair to the tips of her fingers. Momo blushes at the sight, ogling her from top to bottom. 

 

“Really?” Sana asks in amused sarcasm, a foot after the other out of the tub and begins to dry herself. “You’re blushing after the week we spent together?”

 

“What can I say?” Momo says as she stood as well. “You’re blush-worthy.” 

 

“Weirdo.” This time, Sana is the one who glances at Momo the same way she did a minute ago and blushes as well. “You’re not so bad yourself.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter