Celui III

Celui
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jessica went to Sooyoung’s room to check up on the girl. Jessica’s heart is thumping so hard on her chest as she slowly approached the girl. This is the closest she’s been to Sooyoung since they broke up.  

 

Nothing has changed. She’s still my Sooyoungie.  

 

Jessica covered to suppress her sobs. The sight just broke her heart. To see how much pain she has caused to this precious girl who did nothing but love her just breaks her heart.

 

***Flashback***

 

“Jessica you have a choice. It’s either you break up with her and get married to our business partner’s son. Or I will disown you and destroy Sooyoung’s life.” Mrs Jung stated firmly to her eldest daughter.

 

Jessica stood up from her sit. She can’t believe what she heard from her own mother. “How could you be this cruel mom! Are you that desperate for wealth and power?! Leave Sooyoung alone! She doesn’t have to be dragged on this.” Jessica snapped and immediately left her mother’s office. 

 

Jessica ignored her mother’s messages and phonecalls since then. She hid everything that happened from Sooyoung.

 

“What? How could our investors back out?! Tomorrow is scheduled for contract signing already! We have released alot of money for this project! ” Sooyoung shouted to her phone. Jessica appeared from their bedroom shocked to see how mad Sooyoung is this early in the morning. Sooyoung threw her phone to the sofa after the call.

 

“Hey, what was that?” Jessica approached and rubbed her girlfriend’s back to calm the latter. 

 

Sooyoung sighed, only her girlfriend could calm her in this type of situation. “Our biggest investors back out from our latest project. You know how big this project is.” 

 

Jessica could feel that her mother has something to do with this and she immediately went to her mother’s office that day.

 

“Mom, I told you to leave Sooyoung out of here!” Jessica shouted to her mother as soon as she entered her office.

 

Mrs Jung removed her eyeglasses and straightly looked up to Jessica.”I have already told you my conditions.”

 

Jessica balled up her fists and tried to hold back her tears. She doesn’t want her mom to witness her cry. She doesn’t deserve her tears. “Fine, I’ll break up with Sooyoung tonight. Just leave her alone.”

 

Sooyoung arrived at their apartment after a stressful day in the office. As she entered their bedroom, Sooyoung was shocked to see Jessica packing all of her stuff.

 

“Babe, where are you going? Do you have a business trip?” Sooyoung was confused. She was unaware of any business trip.

 

“I’m leaving.” Jessica said coldly while still busy packing her stuff.

 

“W-wait? Leaving for what?” Sooyoung approached her and tried to hold her arm but Jessica struggled from her hold and proceeded in packing.

 

“I’m leaving you. I’m breaking up with you.” Jessica stated with her back facing Sooyoung. She can’t face Sooyoung. Her heart would melt.

 

“What? Why? How??” Sooyoung snapped.

 

Jessica breathed deeply and finally faced Sooyoung. “I can’t take this anymore. I can’t live like this anymore Soo. I’ve given up everything for you, my lifestyle, my position in our company, eveything just for me to be with you. I’ve realized that this is all not worth it. I want my old life back Sooyoung. Just please let me go.” Jessica tried holding back her tears. She needed to be strong.

 

Lies. This is worth it. Sooyoung is so damn worth it.

 

Sooyoung was speechless. She knows that Jessica is lying. She knows that this is just a cover up on something deeper. “I know that everything you have said is a lie. I know you so well Jessica, but I won’t stop you from leaving. I know that you are hiding something from me, but I know that you have a reason. I love you so much for protecting me from everything.” Sooyoung voice cracked. “And now, it’s also time for me to also protect you. I’ll let you go Jessica. Go and find yourself..However, I am not giving up on you. I will still be waiting for you, Jess. I will be waiting for you here..” 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter