PRE RELEASE

  ✸ PLANET IDOL - A SURVIVAL SHOW BY STARSHIP & PLEDIS    first episode subbed!
Tumblr
http://www.tumblr.com/search/planeti+dol
planet idol
Text
 
Photo
 
Quote
 
Link
 
Chat
 
Audio
 
Video
itzliassi
Okay but we all know who the visual of Planet Idol's group will be.
#planetidol #jiahui #pledis has the prettiest chinese girls i swear
83 notes
dinomite
There's something fundamentally wrong with this world if Aeri doesn't debut this time around.
#planetidol #kpop's most mysterious conspiracy #honestly please just let our survivor debut already
301 notes
hollyjung
saeyool - ki huihyeon | youju - ng sze kai
 In honor of recent survival show related announcements, I'm getting my swaggy swaggy swaggy and shaking it off
#legit one of the most iconic performances on produce #saeyool dominated here like she will dominate the show #when youju said that ah i knew that i will never be the same again #more rapping for miss youju please she barely had any lines in pristin #may planet idol give us a good performances harvest
8 notes
firewoseok
Sera is the living proof that Pledis's visuals are on a whole different level.
#moonsera #planetidol #kpop #visual #hotgirls #likeforlike
67 notes
kylapristin
Is now the right time to bring back these gifs from Black Widow? Because I sure hope we get to see more of y badass Saeyool on Planet Idol
#pristin #saeyool #pledis don't let me down #i will hunt you down
376 notes
kyulkyunging
Planet Idol Participants You Have Seen Before
After finally releasing the official trainee profiles for the show (what was up with all the delay btw? no comment on pledis/starship/mnet's ends), it wasn't hard to notice that there are some very prominent names that are going to be competing.

STARSHIP -

Shin Ryuahn. You may know her from Yoon Jong Shin's song Yes, but Ryuahn is also a debuted singer with numerous songs under her belt, including the universally slept on bop, Is Who. Which is probably why she's on the show. In any case, girl deserves some recognition.
Gyeong Aeri. Also known as the OG Survivor. She was there when the dark magic called successful survival shows was created, aka Sixteen. And even before that, she switched plenty of companies (SM, FNC, JYP), but now she's with Starship and let's hope this will be the last one before debut. Girl deserves some rest after 10+ years of training.
Na Hyunhee. Miss Last Place from the first season of Produce 101, and a controversial figure due to a scandal with her ex-boyfriend, former idol Han Jinkyu. She's very active on her instagram (@hyunheehaw), but it's been unconfirmed if she's signed with a new company until now.
Park Jiyoon. She's the girl in Yu Seung Woo's Whatever, and Oppa, and Sandeul's One Fine Day. There have been speculations of her being a trainee under Starship, which has now been confirmed.
Koo Nari. Not as previously known as the rest of the names on this list, but netizens linked her to this 1MILLION video with Junsun Yoo. She is also rumored to be an ex-YG trainee.


PLEDIS -

Yoon Saeyool and Kim Youju. Used to be members of Pristin until their recently announced disbandment. The group has been inactive for almost two years, despite winning Rookie of the Year in various music awards, as well as being one of the most prominent girl groups of 2017. Another ex-member, Kyulkyung, is set to appear as a mentor on the show, which guarantees some mnet generated drama. This is not their first survival show either, as they've previously participated in Produce 101 with this iconic rap performance.
Lee Choyeon. Competed on Produce 101 (placed 57) along with Saeyool, Youju, and most of the Pristin members, yet was not selected for the final lineup of the group and has been training under Pledis until now. 
Han Eunkyung. Daughter of Samsung CEO Han Dongwon. While she has not been seen on TV before, there has been a huge stirrup in Korea when it was announced that she has signed a trainee contract with Pledis Entertainment. 


With all of these previously known participants, this show is guaranteed to be, at the very least, interesting. Even if the premise of telling us what the hell happened with Pristin didn't draw me in, a Produce 101 reunion and an actual chaebol is peak survival show material. Thank god for Pristin fan cafe and their sub work. English subtitles should be available in no longer than a week after airing. You can check out any updates on their official Twitter account.
#planetidol # mnet #pledis #starship #pristin #ryuahn
29 notes
faithfulwho chickennoodlesoup
chickennoodlesoup
Planet Idol: Favorite Teasers

koo nari / lee choyeon / gyeong aeri / lee doori / na hyunhee / oh miyoung / song jaekyung / shin minha / dong bongcha
The fact that you don't have Ryuahn up there tells me everything I need to know.
Source: chickennoodlesoup
#planet idol #nari #choyeon#aeri #doori #hyu
124 notes
faithfulwho
You know what I love about mnet
how unbiased they are.

Like let's take the teaser images for example. No bias there, right? Some of the girls having beautiful pictures with props and great lighting and colors that aren't white, and some of the girls having the most plainass basic white pictures I have ever seen... No bias at all, yup.


iitsgaiia

Gee, Mnet, I wonder what trainees we're supposed to pay attention to. Definitely not the one with flaming red hair.


faithfulwho

Seriously, I don't know who in the kpop world wants to see Ryuahn fail, but they have a loooot of money to pull something like this. Or are they really that dumb to sleep on this walking bag of TALENT. 


ubangingchan

Let's also give some love to the new girls. Ryuahn at least has some following to her. Aeri too, even if they did her dirty. But Karen and Wendy look really pretty (and don't get me started on both of them being foreigners and how racist it is), and Eunkyung is the ing daughter of Samsung's ceo. How do you not capitalize on that? 


agirlwithluvvv

I would argue that they went for the classy businesswoman vibe for Eunkyung, but there is definitely something up with how they're treating Karen and Wendy. Who's gonna bet they'll barely have any screentime?


itzystrays

I'm surprised no one's talking about Hwayoung. A pillow is not a prop.
#planetidol # mnet #pledis #starship #pristin #ryuahn
45 notes
plastagram
☆ 20190811 PLastagram

trans // Dear Citizens of Planet Idol! Don't forget to tune in for our very first episode today! Don't forget to vote well, chuu
#planetidol #instagram #nari #jiyoon
767 notes
dinomite
Satellite
Planet Idol OST
OKAY BUT DID A SURVIVAL SHOW FINALLY PRODUCE A GOOD SONG??
#pun very much intended #looking at you produce #planetidol #seriously this is a bop #why did they not do a stage like produce like i would actually enjoy that
1,674 notes
pristindeservedbetter
everyone talking about how hot saeyool looks in the teaser img, meanwhile I'm here waiting for Pristin's real maknae to make a comeback
#SHESSOCUTE #if mnet tries to hurt her baby soul i will squash them like a bug #at least we know saeyool will protect her
233 notes
kpopversial
let's talk about han eunkyung
let's talk about who han eunkyung is, and what it means for mnet's upcoming survival show planet idol.

there's been a buzz around this particular trainee like no other, and for good reason. eunkyung is the daughter of (one of) samsung's ceo, han dongwon. for those of you that aren't familiar with the term chaebol, they're essentially very rich (arguably the top 1% of korea's richest) families in korea with family businesses that control a LOT of korea's market. companies like lg and hyundai? their controlling families are chaebols. among their immense wealth, they're known for being involved in a lot of criminal activities, with a lot of connections. the dramas portray them very accurately - they really do own korea. they can get away with anything they want.

where does eunkyung come into play? well, there hasn't been a chaebol trainee in kpop. ever. 

it's making such a stir with netizens because chaebols, as i already said, control everything. 

what does that mean, exactly? well it means that han eunkyung is almost surely going to debut in planet idol's group. it means that she's going to get special treatment solely for her status as a chaebol, and it means that the other girls are going to be discriminated, and will be fighting against the odds.

we already knew that entertainment companies were shady at best, hubs for criminal activity at worst. the big 3 are always fighting lawsuit after lawsuit, investigation after investigation. pledis being the same isn't surprising. it's disappointing, but knowing how awful that company is, i'm really not surprised. they had to get their money somewhere. now we know where they got it from. it explains why pristin was disbanded so easily, why after school was put on the shelf despite being a top girl group.

i don't have any hate towards han eunkyung. for all we know, she could be a good person. but i wouldn't bet my money on it. maybe her participating in planet idol will be a good thing. maybe it will force an investigation, shed a light on the corruption and bring some sort of justice for pledis's forgotten groups. but honestly? the most i'm hoping for is that k-netz wouldn't waste their votes on her and spend it on someone else. the other girls will need it. they don't have the money to buy it for them. 
#planetidol # mnet #pledis #rant #kpop is corrupt what else is new #eunkyung
45 notes
streamflashxx
I know that Yeojung is basically Jisoo's twin, but am I the only one who thinks she kind of looks like our sweet sunshine yohan?
#x1 #yohan #yeojung #planetidol
19 notes
oppafeels itzystrays
itzystrays
Hwayoung stole my heart even before the show began
This was hands down the best thing about the first ep teaser, and all the butthurt Pristin stans screaming on twitter right now can fight me
Source: itzystrays
#planet idol #hwayoung #my heart can't handl
124 notes
dinomite
mnet better ing deliver on badass rapper saeyool like theyre showing in the teasers or i'll be real ing mad
#planetidol #saeyool deserves the world #baddest in kpop #step aside jennie saeyool has rested and she's back in the game
83 notes
ryuahndsdown
Ryuahn - Is Who Debut Stage
#for everyone who's saying she shouldn't be on planet idol because she can't dance #are you ing blind
223 notes
starshipped
Author's Note
Hello everyone! Sorry for the long wait for this update, but here it is! Next chapter will be the first episode of the show, and with that Planet Idol will officially begin.

This chapter was supposed to show some of the reactions from fans (mostly international) prior to the show, which is why the posts are from their perspectives. I tried to make this realistic which is why some girls have more hype/posts about them, while others aren't featured as much. I gave everyone at least one mention, but know that this will change in future chapters as the show will be broadcasted, and will be a lot more balanced.

As I said in the prelude, you can vote starting from this chapter, and you can do it here. To not make voting overly tedious, you can only vote once per chapter/episode. (and yes you can vote and comment even if you don't have a character in the show! In fact, I would love it!)

Thank you for your patience, and also thank you so much for all of your comments on the prelude! I'm very happy to hear you guys enjoyed it, and sorry it took so long to reply to everyone!
#planetidol
29 notes