FOREWORD

  ✸ PLANET IDOL - A SURVIVAL SHOW BY STARSHIP & PLEDIS    first episode subbed!
FOREWORD
FOREWORD
 
 
rs9nngX.png

Hello everyone! Now that the apply period is over, I thought I'd tell you more about the story and the show while I prepare everything for the story to start. But before that, I just want to say again: thank you for everyone who applied! I've received so many apps in such a short period of time, and each and every one of them is great. I'm regretting not doing a produce-esque story instead, because now I have to choose twenty of you and let me tell you, it's not easy at all. So know that if your character wasn't chosen, it's not because they're bad (I can honestly say I didn't get even one bad app, all of you were wonderful!). Most likely, other apps just fit better with the narrative I've planned. Literally all the apps I've received were amazing.

Now, let's move to the story format: first, there are going to be ten episodes that will follow the show - you will vote for your favorites (trainees and concept), every episode one or two trainees will be eliminated, and seven girls will debut in the end. After that, we will have ten (number subject to change) bts chapters, detailing what has been going on behind the scenes. The reason for that is that I want the voting to be as "real" as possible, aka see how you guys might change your mind based on what you see on the show vs what was actually happening.

I will be writing each episode and corresponding bts together, which is why the episodes might take a while to update. But the bts chapters should run smoothly afterward, in a hopefully weekly updating schedule!

But I know that episode formats of survival show fics tend to be a bit dry, and I don't want to keep you guys waiting for that long until you see my proper writing style and get a glimpse inside your character psyche. So as a way to reveal the chosen cast, I will release a prelude of sorts! A short drabble-like collection from all the cast's point of views that will hopefully keep you hanging through the dryness of the show format. I aim to release it by the end of next week, fingers crossed it actually happens.

Again, thank you for sticking with Planet Idol through the apply period. Hopefully you will stick around for the actual story as well! It will be a fun rollercoaster of emotions and interactive fun, and I can't wait to share this with all of you - whether your character is in it or not!

P.S: On that note, I want to encourage more commenting in the applyfic community. So many stories get abandoned or don't go past the apply period because comments are so scarce (understandably, of course, as it takes time and is quite hard). But it discourages authors nonetheless, and it creates a very empty tag. I'm not saying this as a way to encourage people to comment on Planet Idol, quite the contrary - if any of you have an applyfic that you are currently writing, or in the applying period, or even if you're just reading one, feel free to comment down below the link to it, and I (and maybe even others) will check it out! And maybe drop by a fic that you've been following and give the author a word of encouragement? Let's bring this dying tag back to life - it's way too fun to create apps for it to die!

©babylon