Chapter 1 [EDITED]

The Hidden Crown Princess

Chapter 1

'Y/N POV'

'' Your Highness, I- ''

I roll my eyes. 

'' How many times have I told you, you can call me by name when we're alone, Lisa. '' I interrupted. 

We are currently in the cinema room watching one of my favorite variety shows called Knowing Brothers. 

'' We're never alone Y/N. '' Lisa says while munching on chips. '' How can you handle that. Every step you make you're being watched I would feel so imprisoned.  '' 

Lalisa Manoban, the crown princess's best friend ever since we were twelve years old. Both seventeen and our friendship of five years is still growing strong.

The first time I met Lisa was when my parents held a party to celebrate the succes of building new houses for the less fortunate in less fortunate countries. My parents are involved in all sorts of charities around the world. Lisa's parents are the people who actually own most of the charity organizations in South-Korea. 

Lisa approached me first, we hit it off and became friends immediately. Lisa made me feel like a normal person and not the crown-princess of South-Korea. She treated me like a friend and at the time it felt like I had known Lisa my whole life. 

'' I'm being protected and I feel protected it's all for the sake of the country. '' I say. Being the crown princess means being in danger. 

'' There's a difference between being imprisoned and being protected. You're not allowed to go anywhere without guards even in your own house. You are homeschooled and you haven't been out of this castle once. '' Lisa says.

'' I... '' I say. Stopping to take a deep breath. I let it all out in one breath. I'm is not even paying attention to the show anymore. Lisa is right. I have been in this castle my whole life and haven't stepped one foot outside of it. 

I would be a liar if I ever said I don't mind but I do. Even though we are loved by the people of South-Korea there is always a threat outside who would do anything to take The Royal Family down and rule the country to the worst and the king, my father will never let that happen. 

'' You don't even have a social life besides being friends with me.  '' Lisa continues. 

'' Keep your circle small they say.  ''  I smile lightly. 

'' Not this small. '' Lisa says and rolls her eyes.

Suddenly she jumps up from the sofa startling me. '' An amazing idea just popped up in my head. How about you join Diamond Institute. '' Lisa says with a huge grin on her face.

'' Join Diamond Institute.. why? '' A frown visible on my face. 

'' You always wanted to go to a school with other people and Diamond Institute is a private school full with children of important business people who need protection. You can ask your father.. THE KING OF SOUTH-KOREA and he can send some scary guards you have walking around here to guard the school. '' Lisa says excitedly. 

'' My father will never allow that. '' I say but I do admit that was a great idea. Ever since I met Lisa going to a real school was one of my dreams. Lisa always came to the castle with the funniest stories that happened at school and she couldn't help but envy her for it. 

'' Yes he will because one.. he loves you and would do anything for you. two.. you're old enough to protect yourself if danger comes close after all those martial arts classes you've been following and three.. no one knows how the crown princess looks like anyway. No one will recognize you, Y/N! '' Lisa says. 

'' I'm suprised you came up with that.. IT'S AMAZING! I'm asking him right now! '' I jump up from the sofa and runs out of the cinema room with Lisa trailing behind. 

'' Have you seen my father. '' I ask one of the maids in the hall. 

The maid bows quickily by seeing the crown princess. '' The King is in the throne room with The Queen, your highness. '' The maid says. 

'' Thank you! '' I say and quickily make way to the throne room. I barge through the 3 meters high brown door without knocking. The King and Queen sitting on the thrones startled by the loud commotion. 

'' My princess, can't you see we're in the middle of a meeting. '' The Queen says while spreading her arms around the room to the guests. when I met their eyes they bowed respectfully. Lisa's parents are also in the room but I don't allow them to bow to me because I see them as part of my family. The other people surrounding the table are the people who work at the charities organizations. They know that I am the crownprincess because I will be working with them in the future. 

'' My apologies mother but this is important. '' I say out of breath. I thought I had better condition. 

The Queen frowns and takes a glance at her husband The King who was also frowning and startled. 

'' We will continue this meeting another time before you all leave enjoy some beveragies and food in the dining room. '' Your father says towards the guests. The guests bowed and left the room. 

I wave Lisa goodbye after her parents dragged her out of the room. 

'' What is so important for you to interrupt a very important meeting, my princess. '' My father stands up from his throne, approaches me and pulls me in for a gentle hug. My mother following right after. 

'' I know you have declined this request, this dream of mine for years father but I beg you hear me out first. '' You plead. 

The King lets out a short breath and walks back up to the throne. '' Enlighten me. '' 

My father is finally giving me the chance to explain to him how much this means to me. I take a deep breath and say. 

'' You both know I always wanted to go to a real school with actual people in it.. and I know you don't want me going because it's dangerous and I should be protected but I have an amazing idea well Lisa has.. and it will work out if you accept it. ''

'' And what is this idea of yours.. I mean lisa's that will probably not change my mind. '' The king says.

'' Let me enroll into Diamond institute.. '' I say desperately. 

'' Diamond institute? '' The Queen asks.

'' It's a private school with children of important business people so it's protected 24/7 '' I say hoping they are convinced. '' Our guards can join the protection service they have at school and guard the school while I'm in it. '' 

'' That's too much of a risk, my princess. '' The king says. 

'' No one will recognize me, Father. No one knows how the crown princess looks like. '' I continue pleading.

'' You can still be hurt, my princess. '' The Queen says. 

'' Father, my only wish I dreamt of coming true is to be normal only once. '' I, the crown princess says with my head low and both my knees on the ground facing my father, The King of South-Korea and mother The Queen of South-Korea. 

'' It's way too dangerous, my princess. '' The King says. 

The Crown Princess lifts her head up a frown visible on her face. 

'' Please Father. '' The Crown Princess lowers her whole body and bows slowly. 

The King sighs loudly and turns his head to look at his wife who is pleading him with her eyes to make her only daughters wish come true. The Kings love for his wife is beyond anything imagined and he would do everything for the woman he loves just to make her happy. The King sighs again. The Queen gives him a securing nod. 

He turns his head towards his daughter who still has her head low. He stands up from his chair and approaches her slowly. He places his hand softly on her chin while lifting her up. '' My princess, I will make that wish come true but promise me do not reveal your identity to anyone for it will bring danger into your life and I plan on keeping you for awhile. '' The King grins.

The Crown Princess hugs her father out of joy. '' Thank you, Father. '' she lets him go and runs away with a huge smile on her face towards her room. 

The King turns around and smiles brightly because once again he made his wife happy and he recognizes it by the huge smile on her face. 

'' You did good and shall be rewarded, my love. '' The Queen winked and walked away towards their room. The king following his beautiful wife and queen of south-korea with a huge grin visible on his face.