Sin & Punishment 2.0

A Korean Midsummer Night’s Comedy

It was the morning after that fateful night, when everything changed for two lovers who are now forbidden to see each other. Yoona is currently dealing with the wedding planner and other professionals while Taecyeon is nursing his broken heart, listening to a certain song by SG Wannabe.

"Ijen bonaelke neol naojulge naega emneungge deo haengbokhan neoramyeon....Monnan nae sarangdo motdoen mireondo nan honjanama jiwogalge....!" Taecyeon belting out the chorus while his band mate, Junho could not concentrate on the phone to his girlfriend.

 

"Oppaa? Where is that noise coming from...? Sounds like a Rottweiler hurting his paw so bad... " Junho's girlfriend enquired who wasn't aware of the situation.

 

"Anni! I was just watching  the karaoke episode on 2PM's Wild Bunny, talk to you later..." Junho lied before he hang up the call, he marched to the Spotify player on tv and turned it off. 

 
"Yah Hyung! Are you not getting up for now? We need to go to for a team dinner!" Junho confronted him but felt guilty seeing his tears.

 

"Anni! What's the use of doing so, life has taken the one I love and gave to a handsome and cunning devil.!" Taecyeon shoved his face again on his pillow. Junho shook his head and started to console him. 

"C'Mon Hyung! You can't act like a lovelorn Romeo and kill yourself like this because you are Yoona are the the OTP that I know of..." Junho advised while Taecyeon looked confused.

"Mianhe....what's OTP..? I am trying to open my heart and you are using some strange term..." Taeyeon asked in a confusing tone while Junho facepalmed himself. 

"Aish! Seriously...? It means One True Pairing!" Junho hit him with the pillow before Taecyeon started to fight back before Jun.K and Chansung entered the room and broke them apart.

"Yah! you guys should stop fighing over the little things here, we have bigger things to worry about..." Jun.K scolded them like an older brother.

"Mianhe Hyung....Taecyeon can't stop crying so I was trying to console him but he made it awkward because he did not know OTP..? Junho explained to his bandmates who were also baffled.

"Seriously ? Everyone knows what that term means...." Jun.K replied while Taecyeon still feeling the hurt.

"Whether or not knowing the term, it won't bring me and Yoona back together and it would've happened because of Nickhun's interference. Now if you guys excuse me, I will continue my brooding with some K-Ballads..." Taecyeon replied while turning on the music.

"Baby...ijeneun nage wa, and be my lady...neomuna oraetdongan. Jikyobwasseo mareopshi seoseo...Antakaun gaseumeul sumgimyeo...!" 

"I don't think it's the right time to talk about  the death threat that Yoona received..." Chansung muttered before Taecyeon heard and stood up from his bed.

"Mwoh? Who wants to kill Yoona and what happened over there..?" Taecyeon demanded while s were trying to avoid getting him angry.

"I think it's best to let the flashback show you what actully happened at Mr Yoo's house..." Chansung replied before the story switched to the flashback...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~ 1 Hour Earlier ~ 

Yoona was seen trashing the decorations and gifts that were brought to her, for her impending marriage to Nickhun, while JYP, Tiffany and the boys were seen baffled but Nichkhun is trying to stop her.

"Yoona-sshi! These gifts are here to bless our upcoming marriage..." Nichkhun tried to reason before she pushed him away while Tiffany tried to get him up the floor.

"THERE.IS.NO.MARRIAGE!" Yoona started to stomp all over Nickhun's photo, which made everyone wince before Yoo Jae Suk marched into the living room in anger. 

"Im Yoona! What is the meaning of this nonsense!" Jae Suk asked while Yoona took a break to drink some water.

"Well Ajusshi, I am giving my reply to this marriage which I did not accept and you know that I love Taecyeon!" Yoona replied while Nichkhun was trying to control his jelaousy.

"Michi gwe soh! Nichkhun is the best match for you and you're throwing it away for a beast idol..!" Jae Suk replied while insulting Taecyeon, much to everyone's chagrin and Nickhun's delight.

"Taecyeon is a self-made man who has a good music and acting career and you expect me to marry a narcisistic prince!" Yoona replied in a biting tone, which slightly angered Tiffany who still loved Nichkhun. 

"Araso, I guess you leave me no choice but to use an old law that my great grandfather had to use..." Jae Suk annouced which made JYP gasp in shock.

"Anni....anything but that law...!" JYP shook his head in disagreement which had Nickhun, Tiffany and the boys worried.

"As you are like my daughter, you are hereby marry the suitor that I choose for you because if you don't....then you will face death..!" Jae Suk finally announced the law for Yoona who looked at him in shock while JYP, Nickhun, Tiffany and the boys were left flabergasted.

"Jae-Suk-ah! You are making a rational decision out of anger....!" JYP exclaimed while the others nodded.

"It's best that Taecyeon knows about this decision and if he truly loves her, he should let her go..." Jae Suk replied while taking Yoona away with Tiffany going after them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Taecyeon dropped to the floor after hearing about the story and felt heartbroken for Yoona, who is stuck in a difficult situation. JYP entered the room and advised the boys to leave them alone for some time.

"Mianhe Taecyeon-ah, I did not agree to this decision and would not want that with Yoona. I have another away to save you both from this horrible ordeal..." JYP advised Taecyeon.

"What other way is there Sunbaenim..." Taecyeon asked in a wary tone.

"Yoona should become a nun and maintain a lifelong chasity of worshipping the goddess of Diana..." JYP suggested which shocked Taecyeon.

"Chincha! THIS is the best way out of the marriage..?!" Taecyeon exclaimed over the bad suggestion, while his bandmates eavesdropped from the conversation.

"Yoona as a nun? This is the most outlandish idea...?" Junho quietly exclaimed behind the door while the other members nodded in agreement.  

"Believe me, it was the only way to stop a tragic thing happening and hope that Jae Suk changes his mind.." JYP explained before he left the room. Jun.K, Junho and Chaunsung entered the room feeling worried for their friend.

"I just wish that you guys run away from all this..." Chansung advised.

"He's right, at least that way the attention for the marriage disappears..." Jun.K suggested.

"You guys are genuises!" Taecyeon realised that this was another away out of the marriage.

"But Hyung, how are you and Yoona gonna get away with it...?" Junho asked before Taecyeon suggested his plan to the members and hoping that it works.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yoona felt so sad and depressed over the early incident and thought if her death is the only way to escape, but she thought that Taecyeon will not survive without her. She received a text from Taecyeon who heard about the incident and shocked over JYP's suggestion before hearing about the runaway plan. She started to pack some of her things in a bag, not realising that Tiffany had walked in the room.

"Yoona-ah! Are you running away..?" Tiffany nearly exclaimed before Yoona closed to stop revealing out loud.

"Yes I am, to be with Oppa and I can't stand a sight of that Taegu Prince!" Yoona replied while Tiffany secretly revelled in her plan.

Tiffany knew she made a mess is revealing Yoona's and Taecyeon's relationship but she did not want her to die either, although a death sentence sounded so ancient and really silly to her...

"Are you sure? I don't want you to get hurt again and you guys might be in trouble..." Tiffany tried to fake reason with Yoona.

"I am damn sure and if I can't have my way, I will make sure that me and Oppa are accepted as a couple..." Yoona replied.

"Take care of yourself Yoona." "You too Unnie!" Both Yoona and Tiffany hugged each other, with Tiffany heping Yoona sneak out of the bedroom window. She decided to write a note on behalf of Yoona to show that she had eloped from the wedding.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tiffany was feeling joyful that Yoona is running away and thought she was texting one of her closest friends until she recevied a call.

"Yobosaeyo!" Tiffany answered her call in a calm manner

"Yoona is running away! How did this happen...?" Nickhun demanded on the phone which Tiffany off-guard and she forgot that she had sent a text by accident. 

"Oppa! I just realised that when I saw a note that she left in her room, I think that she was scared for her own life and wanted step out but I thought it was for a fresh air..." Tiffany tried to explain the false story.

"It's all my fault! I should have forced the marriage onto her and should've found another way..." Nichkhun started to blame himself which broke Tiffany's heart.

"Anni....I would feel bad if this scandal ruins your reputation and if there's anything I could do to help you Oppa, I could do it in a heartbeat..." Tiffany tried to console Nichkhun.

"You can help me find Yoona and after that, I will be forever in your debt..." Nichkhun suggested to Tiffany, who was dumbstruck over his request.

"Araso Oppa! We could search for them tomorrow morning...no one has to know..." Tiffany bregrudgingly agreed to help Nichkhun before disconnecting the call.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On the other side, Nichkhun can't believe that his plan just backfired after witnessing Yoona's outburst and then hearing about a law which Yoona would be put to death, if she refuses the marriage.

Just when things could get any worse, Tiffany accidentally texted him to inform about Yoona eloping from the wedding and then had no choice to call her. He used to like Tiffany before but because of his prince complex, he needed a girl who did not see him as a pretty rich boy and Yoona was the one who did not see him in romantic way but mistaken her refusal due to his status while the truth was due to her loving Taecyeon. 

Despite Tiffany's obvious devotion to him, he needed her help to find them both and get with the marriage but also had other plans for Taecyeon.

"Get Ready Taecyeon-ah, you will die by my hands...." Nichkhun promised to himself while drinking a glass of wine and planning for the search ahead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

End of Chapter 2

17th August 2022