A Little Bit Of A Long Introduction (JYP)

A Korean Midsummer Night’s Comedy

"Annyeonghaseyo! My name is Park Jin Young and I'm the narrator of this story, but you all can called my JYP!" A man introudced himself as JYP.

I'm a media mogul with the biggest business in music, acting and other media available. But as a simple man, I struggled in the business and worked my way on top of the business food chain. It was there I met and fell in love with a beautiful woman, my lovely Gahee. She was also a struggling back-up dancer before she became part of a girl group and then went onto becoming a business woman of her own.

We were dating for 10 years and one summer night, I proposed to her and she given her hand in marriage. I had invited my close friends in the music business as well as my artists from my label and other celebrities. Who knew that within that time, a thing like love will become a problem for some people. Here is the situation broken down in three parts:

My old friend, Yoo Jae Suk handled shares with SM Entertainment and launched his niece and her friend as members of the girl group: SNSD. His niece is Im Yoona, who is beautiful and talented in singing and recently acting too. But at the same time, she began a secret romance with a fellow boy band member from my label: 2PM and his name is Ok Taecyeon. Taecyeon had started out as an ugly duckling as a trainee but then grew into a strong muscular man with strong rap skills and acting too. They had maintained their secret romance until they were discovered by Jae Suk during my engagement party. I had to stop him from harming my label artist and to my surprise, he had announced an engagement of Yoona with another of my label mates: Nichkhun (who also happens to be Taecyeon's BB member and love rival).

Nichkhun was born with a silver spoon as the Prince of Thailand but he was longing for his own path to success outside of royalty. He successfully trained and became a member of 2PM. He was friends with Taecyeon for a short while but then their relationship turn to rivalry when he set his sights on Yoona but also discovered her secret romance with Taecyeon. He had also orchestrated the situation to his favour when he had Yoona and Taecyeon caught in the act and cleverly manipulated a proposed marriage with Yoona in her uncle's mind.

Along with Yoona is her friend Tiffany Hwang, who is also her co-member of SNSD and ocassional frenemy. She was born in the USA with a good upbringing but also yearned the taste of K-Pop showbiz by auditioning and training under SM Entertainment. She befriended Yoona who helped her adjusting to life in South Korea and also became deeply infatuated with a handsome guy who turned out be a prince in disguise. She never thought of falling madly in love with Nichkhun but sadly her dreams were shattered when he broke up with her as he was interested in Yoona. She felt angry over this fact but felt satisfied when she found out about her secret relationship with Taecyeon.

Tiffany thought if she told Nichkhun about Yoona and Taecyeon, he would go back to her and forget about Yoona. But that wrong move just backfired when Taecyeon and Yoona were caught in an embrace by her uncle with Nichkhun manipulating the truth and felt even more heartborken over the news of Nichkhun's and Yoona's wedding. She realised she needed to act fast and break the wedding and get her ex-boyfriend back in her life and her heart.

Now that you get the crux of the story, please pray that no one will die like Romeo and Juliet, go mentally crazy like Macbeth or hysterically mad like other Shakespeare comedies. But then again, it's supposed to be a rom-com take on this classic comedy play. Gahee made me promise that nothing goes horribly wrong during our wedding day and now I'm part of this mad love story as the narrator.

"So please help me GOD (I meant the Lord above, not my old group!), please help these crazy lovers escape this madness and find the right way because we know that the course of true love can never run smooth...." JYP finished his narration and there begins the main story.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

End of Chapter 1 

10 November 2020