Baby...

Random JongKey Drabbles

The weather is nice... clear sky, smooth wind and the comfortable warmth. No one would miss a day like this to go out and enjoy. I didn't want to miss it either. 

I hold her hand in mine and walk in the pathway, enjoying the view, the sweet smell that breeze carry. We spot an empty lovers bench and we sit down to exchange sweet nothings for few minutes. Soon her eyes meet a cotton candy cart and she asks for one like an excited child. I smile, stand up and walk to the cart to get her what she wants.

“Ajhussi let me buy first!” A small girl stands before me~ demanding to let her buy the candy first even though I was the one who came first. I let out a small chuckle and bend down to match her height.

“Why should I let you buy first?” I ask jokingly looking in to her small eyes.

“Because I’m small! Don’t you know! Children should be treated first!”

My eyes widen as I back off a little. I’m swayed by the smart sassiness of the small girl. I find it adorable in a way.

“Jinriyah!!! Don’t talk like that!” A young woman that I assume is the girl’s mother comes running and pulls the little girl close to her. She smiles apologetically before bowing her head.

“I’m really sorry. She’s a little troublemaker”

I chuckle and shake my head in denial. “It’s nothing. She’s a wise girl” The lady looks at the girl and mouths something.

“Okay then Young Lady, you may buy first” I stand straight and step back allowing the small girl to buy her candy first. I watch her run away with two large candy cones in hand before I buy my own candy and walk back to the bench where my girlfriend is waiting.

She wraps her hand around my arm before grabbing the candy cone. We talk about the trees in the park and old memories that wrap around trees as we share the candy.

“Ow”

I wince as something hit my head outta the blue. I turn to find the culprit and see a big ball on the ground next to me. Soon a little boy comes running and stops midway seeing me pick up the ball. I almost throw the ball back to the boy but then I realize I could end up hitting one of the many people in the park. I think to take the ball to the boy instead. I stand up, rubbing my head and start walking towards the boy.

“Taesukah!” I can hear a voice call the boy from his behind.

“Appa!” The boy shouts back calling for his dad... a worry tangled with his voice. I think the boy is afraid I wouldn’t return the ball. I shake my head and continue walking towards the boy. I am just five meters away from the boy when a figure appear behind him. The boy run and hug the man’s leg.

“Appa...”

And I look at the timid boy’s father. My feet freeze on spot and the ball slips from my hands.

I am met with a pair of chestnut brown eyes... a pair of feline eyes... a pair of eyes that I used to love.

It’s him.

Kim

Kibum.

The same Kibum that happened to have a crush on me. The same Kim Kibum I fell in love with. The same Kibum I dated... was madly in love with. The one I crazily lusted over. The one I spent the happiest moments of my life with. The one I swore to be with regardless of the social norms. The one and only boy that deeply loved and longed for me...

 The boy I was caught red handed with in high school. The boy that was shamed and hated. The boy that was afraid of my safety than his own. The boy that wished he met me in another place and time... The same boy that decided to end our love story...

“Appa! What are you doing! COME!!!”

“Oh- Jinriyah... I’ll- I’ll come” I see the little girl from earlier come shout at him and run away...back to her mother.

I breathe.

Yes that Kibum... standing before me... A father to children... a husband to a lady.

I stare in to those brown eyes... now glistening from the unshed tears...

I don’t know if I’m imagining, but I see regret in those eyes. I see the longing and pain... a heavy pain. I see those eyes beg for something I cannot understand.

The kid.

His... his son picks up his fallen ball breaking my eyes from his father’s and runs away from us.

The next time I look at him, the tears have fallen.

“Jjo...” His voice cracks as He keeps a step forward to approach me.

“Jjongie Oppa!” And He is disturbed by the girl that cling on to my arm.

I turn to face my girlfriend and give her the best smile I can manage to form with my distorted state. She smiles back and drags me by my arm saying something about going somewhere else, but I don't really hear her words.

And For some reason I don't resist her soft pulls. 

I let myself get dragged away and watch how Kibum’s hand reach out trying to stop me. But... it's too late. 

He was someone else’s. I was someone else’s. 

decide to leave things the way they were...for the best. I turn my head back and look at the love of my life for one last time. I carve his face in my mind, and I smile.

I give him the most loving smile and walk away.