I like you, too

Honestly

It was exactly 8 when the program has started. The place was all jam packed and everyone is enjoying, dancing in the middle. I was at the side, sitting, observing everyone while eating some sweets when somebody had blocked my view. I looked up and saw Hyungwon, the tall guy in class, smiling in front of me.

 

"H-hi. Hyungwon, right?"

 

"Hi. Yes." He sat on the seat on the other side of mine. "How are you?"

 

"I'm okay."

 

"What're you doing here? Don't you wanna dance?"

 

"Nah. I'm fine watching them dance." I laughed a little.

 

We started chatting about random things and he's quite fun to chat with.

-----

 

Minhyuk's POV

 

I was trying to find Minri to ask her if she's already eaten. As I was roaming the place while looking around, I finally found her. But with someone else. She seems happy talking with the guy. She laughs so hard like there's already no time to laugh, like it's something to laugh so much about. My smile became a frown and my shoulders went a little down. Somehow, I felt a little pinch in my tummy and in my chest. I sighed. Ugh, no. I shook my head to get the thought out of my mind. I walked somewhere far from where they are.

 

Somebody came upstage and started talking and then the crowd cheered after. The music became slower and a little calmer. Students started getting their partners to dance and some went to sit back and watch. I saw Minri with the guy a while back walking towards the middle to dance as well just like the others. I kinda felt my tummy churned. I coughed as I turned around so that I can't see them.

_ _ _ _ _

 

Minri's POV

 

Hyungwon asked me for a dance and I can't refuse but to accept it since he was already there. I was trying to look for Minhyuk but I couldn't see any glimpse of him so I just went in the middle with Hyungwon. It was kinda awkward for me but Hyungwon seems to be quite happy. We chatted about random things while dancing.

 

After several minutes, I decided to go back to my seat. Hyungwon lead me back to the table and thanked me for tonight before leaving. I then saw Seri walking and called for her, asking where Minhyuk is. But she didn't know so I just ended up looking for him around.

 

I decided to look for him at the rooftop and there he is, looking up at the stars. I called out for him.

 

"Hey, Minhyuk! What are you doing here?" I said and he turned around. I ran up to him.

 

"What's up? How's the dance?"

 

"Eh? Uh...it's okay. It's still on going. Do you want to go down and dance?" I chuckled.

 

"Nah. I'm fine looking at the stars here." He turn around again and looked up as he leaned his arms. I went beside him and copied him.

 

"They're so beautiful." I said while looking up.

 

"Yeah. They are."

 

We stayed there in silence, admiring the stars without saying any word.

 

"M-Minhyuk..." I looked at him and he turned to me.

 

"Hmm?"

 

"You know... I... I like you, right?"

 

"Hmmm." He hummed, and gave me the look to continue what I will be saying.

 

"It may seem like this is inappropriate or unladylike to ask, but... can you dance with me tonight?"

 

He chuckled and then walked in front of me as he held his hand.

 

"Can I have this chance to dance you, Ms. Minri?"

 

I smiled and took his hand. He then put my hands on his shoulders and put his on my hips as we slowly swayed and walked from side to side even though there's no music in here. I can feel my heart beating so loud as I can see Minhyuk's smiling face so close to mine. I can't help but to keep on smiling while staring at his eyes. I'm so thankful to have known Minhyuk. Even though sometimes he rejects my confessions and feelings, I keep on liking him thinking that eventually he'll like me back as well. And that didn't made him stay away from me. Instead, he would just chuckle whenever I confess to him and would just say things that will make me flutter. Or do little things that make me soft towards him.

 

 

After the party, we decided to just commute and ride the bus. Seri went home already since her mom was already calling her. We were seated at the back, me near the window and Minhyuk beside me. I felt so sleepy that my head was already falling off as my eyes would close. But Minhyuk suddenly pushed my head to lean on his shoulder. He tried to tap my head softly to make me fall asleep. I closed my eyes and smiled to myself. Later that moment, I felt him kissed my head and whispered something.

 

"I like you, you babo."

 

 

#