The Ball

Honestly

It was almost the day for the ball to happen. I'm still not sure whether to attend or not. I mean, should I go even though I have no one with me or should I just stay here and watch tv for the whole night. It isn't like Minhyuk agreed to be my partner anyways. And just a few days ago, I saw him with some other girl, all laughing and with that skin ship and such. I rolled my eyes at the thought.

 

Though we're really close since then, I feel like I'm still not that important to him. I mean, he always lets me do whatever I want like he doesn't care at all. Yet, I still continue liking him.

 

I was laying flat on my bed looking at the ceiling while listening to the music on my phone when I heard a loud knock on my door. I lazily stood up and opened it only to be surprised.

 

"Minhyuk?! What are you doing here?" Eyes wide, I asked, quite confused and happy. He was wearing a tuxedo and a red polo on the inside with the necktie I gave him during his birthday last year.

 

"Why are you still on your pj's?"

 

"I...uh... I'm not goi---"

 

He cut me off when he suddenly put his arm around me and complained. "Come on, dude. Don't leave me out there. I thought you want me to be your partner tonight?"

 

"What? I thought you're going with someone already..." my voice became soft.

 

"How could I just leave you alone here while I'm having fun there?" He laughed through his nose.

 

"B-but..."

 

Before I could speak again, the doorbell rang and he gave me a look. I went to open it only to reveal my friend.

 

"Yah, Kim Minri! What are you doing? Why are you still on your freakin pj's?"

 

"Seri-ah..."

 

"Come on. Change your clothes and soon the ball will start." She was about to go to my room when she saw Minhyuk. "Oh. So somebody's here."

 

He just lifted his hand and then went to the living room.

 

"I'll wait you guys here."

 

Seri pulled me inside my room and she started looking for the dress that I'll be wearing. She started convincing me and in the end, I end up changing my clothes into the dress that she have chosen. She started putting some little make up on my face and then fixed my hair for me.

 

"Seri... do I need to go?"

 

"Of course. Why miss one important moment of your life, Minri? Ugh, really."

 

I stayed silent and she turned to me. "Just have fun tonight, okay? Don't worry about whatever. I got your back." She gave me a quick smile and then went back on finishing her make up.

 

After all, we both sprayed perfume for the final thing before we got what we need and headed outside the living room where Minhyuk is.

 

"Let's go!" Seri chimed.

 

Minhyuk stood up and as I looked at him, he looked a little surprised and he was staring at me.

 

"Minhyuk... w-what's wrong?" I asked him but he continued staring. "Minhyuk?"

 

"H-huh? Ah, y-yeah yeah. Let's go." He said and cleared his throat. Seri nudge me and gave me 'that' smile. She was trying to push me little by little beside Minhyuk but I'm just giving her the look to stop it.

 

"Okay guys. Look here." Seri said and raised my phone.

 

"H-hey, that's my..."

 

"Yah, Minhyuk hold her." 

 

"H-huh? Y-yah."

 

Minhyuk slowly put his arm around my shoulder and started clearing his throat. This feels different from how he always put his arm around my neck. This feels more formal and soft and I feel so nervous my heart skipped a beat several times and I can feel butterflies in my tummy.

 

"Okay, smile. 1, 2, 3. One more. Minri, you hold Minhyuk's arm."

 

Oh, Seri. I glared at her but she just gestured me to do it.

 

"1, 2, 3 smile. Perfect! Now, let's go." She grinned at me and then winked.

 

We rode on Seri's car and her driver drove us to school.

_ _ _ _ _