arc i / wrapping bread / ssambbang/ part iii

our story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hitomi stares blankly at the scenery in front of her. The weather is nice outside and there were people picnicking around the park. Well, Hitomi was actually doing the same there too. However, she may be physically there but her mind was at somewhere else. Somewhere or rather someone who she haven't got to meet this whole week at the school cafeteria. As much as she wanted to get rid of that person from her mind, she couldn't and she hates herself for it. This is because she's suppose to be having a date with her boyfriend. She just felt like she was cheating on him.

 

Takeshi waved his hand in front of Hitomi to get her attention. She was brought back to reality and remembered she's here with Takeshi. 

 

"Are you okay?", Takeshi asks worriedly.

 

Hitomi nods and smile cutely to him. After that, Takeshi takes out a bento box filled with handmade sandwiches. He fed one of it to the latter. Hitomi took a bite from it. Takeshi stares at her lovingly as she munch on it.

 

"Is it good?"

 

"Yeah, i liked it."

 

"Good to know."

 

They both smile warmly toward each other.

 

If you're wondering how they could get back to getting lovey dovey after that whole cafe incident. Here's the thing, this has always been like a loop to Hitomi. They often get into small fights that was started out of nowhere by Takeshi. He even went to the extend where he wouldn't text her back for a week. But after a week of their fight, he would suddenly showed up in front of Hitomi house and surprise her with some flowers then bring her on a date. He would apologise and Hitomi goes all soft on him then they're back to being good. Of course, the same would still happen all over again to make them goes back to the loop. 

 

---

 

The dreadful weekend is finally over for Chaewon. Throughout these two weeks she was busy preparing for the senior prom night. Which is why she hasn't been joining Hitomi and her friend at the lunch table. Good thing all the hard work and effort she put in to make this event was paid off. The event was a blast and the seniors enjoyed the prom night. Everything was going smoothly until an incident happened and became the downfall for the night. 

 

It was an unforgettable moment that leads to the change of atmosphere in school today. Everywhere Chaewon goes she could hear people talking about the incident. She just wished she could turn back time to change everything. 

 

---

 

Once Chaewon step into the cafeteria and catch Hitomi at her usual table, all her worries was immediately washed away. She was glad the junior has this effect on her. She steadily approach the junior from behind. 

 

Hitomi was too immense in the conversation with Nayoung and the rest about what happened at the prom night. She didnt know the girl she's been missing all week long was right behind her. Suddenly, a familiar plastic bag showed up in front of her, like it was hanging in the air. She immediately turned to her back to find Chaewon holding a bag filled with soft buns from her favourite bakery. The senior shows a toothy grin when she see her crush being so cute while looking at her in surprise.

 

"Here, this is for you."

 

Hitomi hesitates but she still take the bread because she couldn't resist her favourite. She try her very best to hide her smile but it didn't go unnoticed by her senior. Chaewon chuckles as she witness the junior being a er for soft bun. Little did she know the girl was actually a er for her too. She takes her seat beside the girl then join in their conversation.

 

"Are you okay, Chaewon?", Nayoung asks worriedly.

 

Instantly, Chaewon knew what the girl was asking about.

 

"Yeah."

 

"How about her, is she okay?", this time it's Hitomi who ask her worriedly.

 

Chaewon sighs, "I'm not sure, she hasn't been answering my calls and i was not allowed go visit her because she wants to be alone."

 

"I hope everything will be alright."

 

"Yeah, me too."

 

---

 

The archery club is having their usual practice. Chaewon was practising at the booth right next to Hitomi's. Seeing the ace practice archery is a fascinating sight, there was no miss on the target whenever she release the arrow. Hitomi was in awe at her skill. The latter lower her bow then caught Hitomi staring at her. She wanted to strike a conversation with the girl then an idea came into her mind.

 

"Ever try shooting with two arrows?"

 

"What?"

 

"Let me show you."

 

Chaewon takes two arrow then click into her bow. She aims the arrow at the target then release it. Both arrow hit the bull eye on the target. Hitomi's mouth agape at what she witness. Her only thought is she's doubting whether her senior is a human. How could someone be so prefect, especially with that charming satisfied smile plaster on Chaewon face after she hit the target. 

 

"Its been a while since i practice on using two arrows, luckily i didnt miss. Otherwise that would be awkward right?", Chaewon turn to her crush beside her.

 

Hitomi stare at her with a look shows that she couldn't believe what just happened.

 

"How is that even possible?"

 

"It's not really that hard actually. You could try it for yourself. Come on."

 

Chaewon hand over two arrows to Hitomi. Hitomi hesitates as she take the arrows. She let out her breath before she aims at the target. After that, she release the arrow and it went all over the place. One of the arrow even went into Yena's target. 

 

"Hey, what the heck?", Yena whine from the other end.

 

"I'm sorry, sunbaenim."

 

"What's going on?", Chaeyeon asks curiously as she pops her head out from her booth.

 

"I was just teaching Hitomi to shoot with two arrows and it went all over the place.", Chaewon starts laughing after she finish her words.

 

Her friends chuckles along while Hitomi is being embarrassed then lightly hit the laughing girl's shoulder.

 

"Yah, Kim Chaewon."

 

"Owww.", Chaewon playfully whine.

 

Hitomi pouts cutely. Chaewon almost got herself in dreamy mode when she witness her crush being this cute. 

 

"Come on, let me teach you."

 

The older takes another two arrows then goes behind Hitomi. She takes Hitomi's hand that was holding the bow then pull it up facing the target. Meantime, another hand of hers takes Hitomi's right hand to hold the arrows. She guide the latter to click in the arrow. Suddenly, Chaewon notice the position they are in, her face flusters and Hitomi is doing the same. They were almost hugging each other and there were almost no distance between them.

 

"Uh-S-so you just cli-click in the arrow like usual and uh you aim.", Chaewon quickly remove herself while she says.

 

"Okay but could you guide me on it?", Hitomi try her very best to remain calm outside while her heart is beating like it going to explode inside her. 

 

Chaewon spare no seconds to answer her, "Sure."

 

The senior goes behind the junior again. She hold both of her hands as she guide the girl to aim at the target. Chaewon places her face on Hitomi's shoulder as she aim. Being so close she could feel the other breath and it makes her nervous. Once they aim properly at the target, Chaewon signal the latter.

 

"Release.", she unconsciously whispers at the girl's ear behind her.

 

Hitomi releases the arrows. Both of it hit directly at the bull eye of the target. She almost couldn't believe this just happened. The younger is overwhelmed at the result that she immediately hug the other girl without realising.

 

"Oh my god, i did it!", Hitomi cheers.

 

The older's eyes is wide opened as she realise she is being hugged by her crush. Her heart beats rapidly and she feels like she was in cloud nine. While Hitomi still has her hand warp on Chaewon's shoulder move out to face the girl. 

 

"Thanks, Chaewon sunbaenim.", she grin.

 

Chaewon eyes dart all over the place to avoid eye contact with the other. 

 

"It's no biggie and you could just call me Chaewon."

 

"Thank you, Chaewon. Also you could call me Hiichan instead of Hitomi."

 

"Hiichan.", she mutters under her breath with her eyes looking at her feet.

 

The older finally has the courage to look at her crush in the eyes. Her crush smiles warmly at her. Chaewon felt as if she was going to melt by that smile. Soon, they realise how close they are, both of them fluster at the same time. 

 

"Okay, practice ends here.", the coach announce.

 

They remove each other from their embrace as soon as they hear the coach. The rest of the member starts to pack their stuff while the duo stand there awkwardly.

 

"We better get going then.", Chaewon break the silence.

 

"Yeah."

 

---

 

As days goes, both of them gotten closer than before. They enjoyed each other company. Hitomi doesn't know why but she always feels happy being around the other girl. She craves to spend more time with her. At the same time, there is a weird feeing inside her, it was like she wasn't satisfied with what they have right now. It's like she wanted even more.

 

---

 

It's been a week since the incident at prom night. Chaewon still hasn't seen her coming to school. She was alone inside the student council room. The girl sighs as she stare at the table. At the moment, the door open, revealing Hitomi behind it.

 

"Hey."

 

"Hi."

 

Hitomi gently close the door behind her.

 

"Are you okay?"

 

"Yeah, I'm fine."

 

Chaewon touches the table while Hitomi approaches her.

 

"Still no answer from her?"

 

"Yeah. I just felt so helpless that I couldn't help her."

 

The younger hold her hand to assure her.

 

"Hey, you did help her and this is not your fault, you shouldn't be blaming yourself."

 

Chaewon remove her hand from the other's grip. Hitomi feel dejected but she know the situation the other's in so she try to brush that feeling away. The older lean her back on the table as she face the window. Hitomi does the same beside her.

 

"She was like a sister to me. She's always there whenever i need

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter