arc i / wrapping bread / ssambbang/ part ii

our story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ever since that day, the bullying stops happening. Of course, Chaewon is the one behind who had Eunbi to find all the bullies out. Eventually, the headmaster comes to a decision to expel the one who punched Hitomi and suspend the rest in the group for 3 months from school.

“This is such a disappointment. You are now dismissed.”, the headmaster ends with a sigh.

The group of bullies walks out from the headmaster office with their heads hang low. Once they are out of the door, they are greeted by Chaewon standing beside the office with her hand crossed. She has a smug smile plaster on her face. The leader of the bunch was piss to see that smile on her.

“You will pay for this, Kim Chaewon.”, there is a hint of menace in the leader’s tone.

Chaewon is unaware of the threat coming from the leader. She approaches the leader and goes dangerously close to that person.

“We’ll see about that.”, she sneers.

She purposely bumps her shoulder onto the leader as she walks past the group. The leader had their fists ball up, ready to punch that face out of Chaewon.

“You will regret doing this!”, the leader yells toward the retreating figure.

Chaewon lifts up her middle finger in the air nonchalantly without turning to her back. At the same time, Eunbi step into the scene when the leader was about to charge toward Chaewon.

“Hey, you should be packing up your stuff now.”, Eunbi command.

The group was left to no choice but to obey their student council president’s command after seeing their school security guard beside her.

---

While in Hitomi’s side, everything is back to normal, she finally has her peaceful school life back. Although she didn’t know the person behind who settle the bullies but she is deeply thankful for it. Aside all that there is still one thing that kept bugging her, of course, it’s Kim Chaewon, the girl who had a crush on her.

Ever since that incident happens, Chaewon sworn to look after the girl to assure the latter is safe. She would always look after her junior from afar and follows wherever the latter goes. Little did she know her way of “look after Hitomi” is considered stalking.

And so the stalking has been going on for a week now and Hitomi finds it annoying, she just hates the feeling of being supervised by someone and that someone who bears feeling for her. This just makes the whole thing even creepier.

Right now, the junior is on her way to the archery club practice with Chaewon tailing behind her the whole time. Hitomi is not that oblivious to not notice the latter’s presences, she just pretends not to notice the girl. On her way there, she turns on her back and finds the latter acting like she’s coincidentally there minding her own business at the corner.

‘Her acting skill .’ Hitomi thought as she sees the girl acting like she’s reading something on her phone.

---

The archery training goes on as usual. Chaewon switches her booth to be beside Hitomi’s during the practice. She was afraid that other than that group of bully, her junior might become others target as well. Thus, she thought this is the best way for her to look after the girl too. At first, her friend finds it weird but after Chaewon’s explanation and her stubbornness, her friends just gave up trying to stop her.

However, at this point, Hitomi really had enough she is ready to burst at any moment but she tries to do it in a more collected way.

“You know you’re obvious when you’re stalking me right?”, the junior suddenly speaks, breaking the silence between them.

For the first time, Chaewon actually misses the target. The club members witness the scene then gasps. This is the first time ever they saw their champion miss the target. But for Chaewon, she is taken aback not because of her miss on the target but what Hitomi just said to her. Did Hitomi just found out about her looking after the girl from afar and did she just say the word stalking?

“I suggest you to stop this, sunbaenim.”, Hitomi clicks in her arrow to her bow then lift it up.

“But-”

Chaewon’s speech was stopped by the noise of her junior releasing the arrow and it hit the bull eye on the target. Both of their gazes were on the target then shift to each other. Hitomi reaches down the bow while Chaewon was fidgeting with the bow on her hand. The girl was somehow nervous when her crush is looking at her directly plus she could feel the atmosphere is getting tense around them.

“If you’re doing this out of guilty then you don’t have to. I’m thankful enough that you saved me that day. Also, I’m sorry for lashing out at you.”, Hitomi apologizes sincerely.

“It’s not like that.”

“Just stop, Chaewon sunbaenim. Otherwise, you would just end up seeing something that would hurt you.”

“That’s it for today, you are free to go now.”, the coach’s announcement interrupts their conversation.

Hitomi gave Chaewon one last look before walking away with her equipment. The other is left standing there and puzzled by what Hitomi said. Her mind was filled with the part where her junior said she would end up seeing something that hurt herself. What is it about that she would end up getting hurt if she is just protecting the other from afar. In the end, she decides to shrug off what her junior said and continue on what she’s doing.

---

It was after practice, Hitomi already had her stuff all packed up and ready to leave. Today, she and her boyfriend promise to meet up after school. Moving on, she continues on her journey to their meet up place. Behind her, Chaewon was following her throughout her journey. This time she pays extra attention to not let the other found out about her tailing behind. Apparently, she did a pretty good job because Hitomi had no idea the girl was following. Maybe it was also because she was just too overwhelmed to finally meet up with her boyfriend after one week of not seeing each other.

Finally, Hitomi reaches their meeting venue, she proceeds to walk in the café. On the other side, Chaewon waited for a while before walking into the same café. While she’s waiting, she put on a cap as a disguise before heading in. Once she walks in, at the corner of her eyes, she saw her crush smiling so brightly to her boyfriend. That moment she finally realizes what Hitomi’s word meant that day. The scene sent her heart broken but she is too stubborn to back out. Chaewon continues her track to the counter. Meantime, she was greeted by a familiar looking girl behind the counter.

 “What’s up?”, the girl by the counter asks.

Just then Chaewon remembers who the girl is, it was that DJ girl at Yena’s party the other day. Her duck friend has been mentioning about this girl often because she’s crashing in her house lately after a fight with her parents. The girl named Kang Hyewon.

“What can I get for you, Chaewon?”, Hyewon recognizes the girl even in her disguise.

Chaewon snaps out from her thoughts.

“One caramel latte, please.”

Hyewon nods, she goes on to key in Chaewon’s order in the computer. The girl pays for the coffee before taking her seat at the far corner of the café. At the same time, Hyewon didn’t miss the part where Chaewon looking dejected after taking a final glance at her junior before going to her seat. After settling down in her seat, Chaewon couldn’t stop herself from looking at Hitomi’s direction. She knew the scene is torturing her but she just couldn’t help it, deep inside she finds it funny that the girl could hold such power to make Chaewon so vulnerable. Meanwhile, she finds her crush looks even cuter when she is smiling, the way her lips curled upward making her cheeks look even fluffier, it is a mesmerizing sight to Chaewon. But not for long, a figure comes blocking her sight with her coffee.

“Stop torturing yourself, Chaewon.”, Hyewon says as she places the coffee on the table.

“No, I…”

Hyewon turns to take a glimpse at Hitomi then back to the girl in front of her.

“But the same time, I think Hitomi could do better than that.”, the waitress says nonchalantly.

“What do you mean?”

Hyewon took the seat in front of Chaewon as if she’s not working during the time.

“I could see that Hitomi is not really happy in their relationship.”

Hyewon beckons Chaewon to look at Hitomi’s direction, the latter follows and Hyewon wasn’t wrong after all. The smile on Hitomi’s face is now replaced with a frown. Turns out the guys is scolding his girlfriend right in front of everyone in the cafe.

“Why do you always move your hand away whenever I try to hold your hand? Do you not like me the same way I do?”, Takeshi says in frustration.

Hitomi is feeling anxious at the moment. She could see stares coming toward her direction while her boyfriend is making a ruckus here.  

“Babe, calm down. People are looking.”

“How could I calm down when you treat me like some kind of monster whenever I try to initiate skinship with you? I mean like aren’t we dating? Shouldn’t those things be normal between couple?!”, his tone gradually raises as he speaks.

At this point, Hitomi is helpless, she doesn’t know what to do to calm him down. In the end, she just remains silent and gripping tightly on her skirt while he’s c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter