The Butterflies

The Question |Hiatus|

It was just an ordinary day for Yuna.She woke up, got ready, and was off to school.Yuna was sort of introverted and didn't have many friends. Her only friends were Hwang Yeji, Choi Jisu (Lia), and Lee Chaeryeong.She arrived at school, but none of her friends were ever on time so she was alone.She decided to walk around while waiting for her first class to start.While walking around Yuna heard some news.

"I heard that there is going to be a new girl coming to this school!",said some random girl.Yuna was confused.She couldn't quite understand what was so exciting because they got a lot of new students all the time.She just brushed off that fact and continued wandering around.A few minutes later, the bell rings.

Yuna goes to her first class and sits down in her seat.Her teacher arrives and has an announcement.

"Today we have a new student.Her name is Shin Ryujin.Please introduce yourself."

 

"Hello my name is Shin Ryujin, and I am 18 years old!"Yuna looks up, intrigued by Ryujin's soft, cute, shy, but yet confident voice. When Yuna looked up, she was immediately taken aback.

 

Yuna looked up to see a girl with pale skin, mid length hair, good proportions, with a big, bright smile printed on her face. She was taken aback immediately when seeing how beautiful she looked.She couldn't keep her eyes off of her.The most attractive part of Ryujin, in Yuna's opinion was her face.But, more specifically, her eyes, and her bright smile.Yuna couldn't get over the fact at how bright her smile was.It was warming to Yuna.She kept noticing how her eyes would always shine in the light.She might have been staring at her for too long because she made eye contact with her.She immediately looked down and started blushing.When she got the confidence to look up, she saw Ryujin trying her best not to giggle.What happened next felt like a miracle.

 

"Shin Ryujin, you will be sitting next to Yuna, the girl in the back with red hair.Yuna please raise your hand."By now, Yuna's heart was racing like crazy.She slowly raised her hand, and Ryujin smiled at her.

 

"Hey!I'm Ryujin!Nice to meet you!" she said while extending her hand out to Yuna.      By nowYuna's heart was racing like crazy.She shook her hand and replied,"H-h-hi!My name is Yuna!Nice to me you too!"

 

"Say Yuna, you look really young.How old are you?"

 

"Oh, I'm 15 years old."

 

"What is a 15 years old like you doing in a class with 17-18 year olds?"

 

"I was put in advanced classes."

 

"Oh I see.So your smart huh?"This made Yuna blush a little."Yeah, I guess you could say that."

 

"Got any friends?"Ryujin asked."I have three friends, their names are Choi Jisu (Lia), Hwang Yeji, and Lee Chaeryeong."Yuna was scared that Ryujin would laugh at her for not having a lot of friends, but Ryujin had the exact opposite reaction.

 

"Not too many friends, huh?" You know what Yuna?"Yuna looks up,"huh?"What Ryujin said next, made the butterflies in Yuna's stomach fly like crazy."If you don't mind, I'll be your friend."

 

"Really?!?!"Yuna was shocked."Yeah, you don't have many friends, plus you seem like a good one!"Ryujin exclaimed. "Sure!Is there sometime I can introduce you too my friends?" "During lunch would be perfect!"

The bells rings."Ok see you then!"

 

Time went by, each class passing, getting closer to lunch time.Both Ryujin and Yuna had the same schedule.Of course Ryujin didn't sit next to Yuna in every class.As much as Yuna wanted to sit next to her, Yuna was able to admire Ryujin from afar without getting caught. 

 

Finally lunchtime had come, and Yuna was as excited as ever.She always got butterflies whenever Ryujin talked, smiled, or even just looked at her.She was hoping that Chaeryeong, Lia, and Yeji would be fine with her.

 

Even though Yuna and Ryujin had the same classes, Ryujin got out of class for lunch before Yuna did.Yuna had been walking around everywhere looking for Ryujin, but with no success didn't find her.She just went to her friends, hoping Ryujin wasn't lost.Yuna arrived to where her friends were sitting, and she saw Ryujin right there conversing with her friends.

 

"There you are Ryujin!"Ryujin waved at Yuna."Looks like you found my friends before me."Ryujin just laughs, which makes Yuna blush and get even more butterflies.

 

Yuna wasn't so sure where to sit.She wanted to sit next to Ryujin without it being awkward.Lia was sitting next to Yeji, with Chaeryeong next to her.Ryujin was on the other side sitting by herself.

 

The others had noticed that Yuna was just standing still. "Yuna-yah!"Lia called."Sit down."Yuna went back to reality, and just sat down next to Ryujin."Don't be afraid, I don't bite."Ryujin teased, which made Yuna blush.The others noticed this and started to giggle.Yeji leaned over and whispered in Yuna's ear,"Looks like someone has a crush."Yuna just playfully pushed her away.

 

"Well."Yeji said breaking the silence."Why don't we all say our first impressions of Ryujin."They all agreed."Let's start with Chaeryeong, then Yeji, Lia, and lastly Yuna." Chaeryeong starts."Cool,confident, fit." When it comes to Yuna's turn she doesn't say anythjng.Ryujin notices and says, "Well Yuna, what about you?"Yuna didn't want to be rude, and she didn't want Ryujin to feel awkward with what she was about to say."Just say it, I won't kill you."Ryujin teased.Yuna liked how Ryujin would always .When she had enough confidence she finally said it. "Pretty."Both Yuna and Ryujin blushed.Yuna looked down in embarrassment."Thanks."Yuna looked up to to see Ryujin smiling at her, she smiled back.

 

"How about this time we say out first impressions of Yuna?"Lia proposed, and they all agreed."Let's just go in the same order, Ryujin will go last."

 

They start saying their first impressions."Cute, tall, bright."Just like what happened with Yuna happened to Ryujin."Can you top that off Ryujin?"Lia teased."Of course I can."She said confidently."Ok, ready?Everyone nodded."Beautiful." Yuna's butterflies went crazy. She was blushing so hard from one single word that Ryujin said.Yuna didn't want to make it too obvious that she was flustered so she just said, "Nice one."

 

The bell got lunch rang and they all went through the rest of their classes. Then came the end of school.Yuna normally just walks home by herself.As she was walking out of the school gates, she felt someone grab her shoulder.She turned around to see Ryujin, her heart started to beat like crazy.

 

"Hey Ryujin."Yuna said, trying to act calm.

"Where you headed?"Ryujin asked."Just going home."Yuna replied."By yourself?"Yuna just nodded."Awww poor thing. Don't worry, I'll walk home with you!"Yuna felt so warm inside from Ryujin's words."Ok, sure!"They started to walk.

 

It was just a silent and normal walk.All you could hear was Ryujin's humming.Yuna didn't want it to be awkward so she just asked, "Ryujin-unnie?"Ryujin looked towards Yuna smiling. "Why did you choose to walk with me? I could've just walked by myself."Ryujin smiled and grabbed Yuna's hands. The butterflies came back crazier than ever.Holding hands with Ryujin was a dream to Yuna, and it just came true.

 

Ryujin looked into Yuna's eyes and answered her question. "I decided to walk with you because you are still young.I wouldn't want you to walk alone on these dangerous streets.It isn't always safe.Besides this is what friends are for!"

Yuna was flustered, partly from what Ryujin said, partly from how she was looking into her eyes, and partly how they were holding hands."Thanks Ryujin-unnie!I really appreciate it!"

 

As if it had been hours, they finally arrived as Yuna's house.

 

"Hey Ryujin-unnie. Yeji, Lia, Chaeryeong, and I are going to the park later to look at the stars.Wanna come with us?" Ryujin smiled and nodded her head."Well then I will see you later at 7:00!The park is a few minute walk from here, is that fine?" "Yeah!Anytime is good with me!"

"Bye Ryujin-unnie!"

"See you later Yuna!"

Yuna watched as Ryujin walked away, her butterflies slowing calming down.Yuna was still blushing.She went inside her house to start planning what to wear.