Chapter 3: Malfunction

3:59
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I finally huff in victory as I finish taking the boxes filled with water bottles. Today was a really tiring day.

 

"Chaeyeonnieeee, can I get three sodas for the girls over there," Hitomi asks, pointing at the gamer trio, not so far from us, who have just arrived.

 

3:59 PM

 

I go to the fridge and grab what the cheeky girl was asking a while ago, adding a note to one of the drinks. I grin as I remember writing the note containing the question, "Will you be going home with me tonight?" Yeah, it's sort of cheesy but, you won't get anything by just standing there and watching the person you like from afar right?

 

"Oh wow. You're really stepping up your game on Sakura. It's just been 2 weeks though, I salute your bravery fellow comrade," the mochi girl announces, giving me a salute before heading towards the gals who were busy setting up their computers.

 

I patiently waited for Hii-chan to pass the cola with my so-called letter to Sakura, hoping that she says yes. Most of the time, both of us would go home together, sometimes she would make me go first since she hasn't finished her game yet. But this occasion was different, as much as possible, I would want her to be with me tonight.

 

After receiving the soda, she immediately noticed the note and raised her head to search for the certain person who wrote to her.

 

 

And then, our eyes met...

 

 

If someone is near me right now, they would probably hear the loud thumping of my chest.

 

 

Smiling at me, she held up a thumbs up and tried her best to wink, which eventually failed, earning a hearty laugh from me though. This girl never failed to make me feel butterflies in my stomach. She is an epitome of a flower goddess.

 

"Yah, Lee Chaeyeon, are you even working at this rate or are you just being starstruck by our loyal customer once again?"

 

I look behind me and noticed a hamster-looking girl pouting and crossing her arms, probably annoyed due to the fact that our other chubby-cheeked friend was the one who got to give the beverages to her crush's group.

 

"Shh, let me have my moment Yuri.," I shushed her them went back to the fridge, taking a drink for the little singer friend of mine to relax.

 

"How about we watch them play for a bit? I mean, there's not much people in here anyways, it's a Sunday."

 

The girl beamed at me, nodding her head in excitement. We tasked the other workers to look after the stall for a while. Going towards their direction, I smile as I greet the three of them with a smile. 

 

"Okayyyy, it's time guys, get your game face on Yena!" Sakura mentioned the duck-looking girl since she was fidgetting at her seat ever since we came to observe.

 

"Yeah! Show us who's boss ducky!"

 

Yena gulped, hands sweating, evidently more pressured now that Yuri was cheering for her.

 

"Y-yeah, I'll try my b-best J-jjoyul."

 

 

 

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

"Oh man, so much for almost winning the game. What happened back t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter