Chapter 1: Summer Has Just Begun

3:59
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Finally, summer has long arrived. I've been waiting to catch a glimpse of the breathtaking ocean and once again be engulfed by the fresh breeze. As I enter the door to the interview room, I take a deep breath and go back to my planned speech. This may be the best opportunity I have ever got in my life as a college student. I mean, who wouldn't want to get a job by the beach after experiencing a few suffocating semesters. Imagining the possibilities in store during my summer, I grin from ear-to-ear, excited for what's to come. I might have to bring a few swimsuits since I could go swimming during my breaks. Even just being in the restaurant brings a smile on my face.

 

"Miss Lee Chaeyeon?"

 

"Yes, Good morning ma'am," I greet the interviewer with a smile. She can probably sense my excitement just from the tone of my voice.

 

"I'm you interviewer for today, Kwon Eunbi, and also the manager of Sea Breeze Restaurant," the black haired woman in front of me gives off a warm smile despite her dominant aura.

 

The manager starts asking questions and I answer them with enthusiasm. She kept on smiling at my remarks. After leaving the room, she even told me that I have potential. I'm probably going to ace this interview. 

 

Well, perfect summer vacay, here I go!

 

 

 

 

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

 

 

 

 

"WHAT??!! YOU'RE SAYING THAT INSTEAD OF WORKING AT SEA BREEZE HOTELS I'M GOING TO HAVE TO WORK AT THE PC BANG BRANCH ACROSS THE BEACH? WHERE THE HELL IN MY RESUMÉ SAYS THAT I'M GOOD AT COMPUTERS AND AT HANDLING SITUATIONS THERE??!!!! UGHHHHHH!!"

 

I complain to my best friend, Kim Minju who just looks at me with a grimace, trying to hold her laugh. Who in the hell would expect someone like me, a non-techy person to work at a computer shop across the beach? Who even puts computer shops near beaches? I'd rather clean the beach than work there. Unfortunately I cannot decline the offer since the manager who interviewed me last month, literally begged her co-manager to let me in. I mean both have the same boss anyways.

 

I just can't believe this was the job I was offered. To look over the shop from 7am till 5pm. I DON'T EVEN HAVE TIME TO GO SWIMMING AT THAT RATE. Why oh why must my shift be at that hour?

 

"Well I can invite you over at See Breeze after your shift. You could still go there, thanks to the nicest best friend you have," she chuckled, winking at me. Why must I be the one to suffer? I mean even Minju is better at computers than me and she got my dream job. Life is surely throwing a whole truck of lemons at me.

 

Rolling my eyes at her remarks, we decided to call it a night since we have to pack our luggages. Tomorrow we'll be starting our shif

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter