Fin

Even When We're Ghosts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Little did the world know Twice has one hidden Twitter account that they use to obtain feedbacks from their fans. It was actually Nayeon’s idea; she wanted to know more about their fans – observe and see their culture. Mina agreed on this, thinking that this could actually help them improve their craft. Jeongyeon on the other hand was the devil’s advocate saying that they should not, basically because it would be a waste of time and they might come across hurtful comments that would cause them unnecessary frustrations. Tzuyu backed up her unnie on this one. The rest of the members just waited for the final decision from Jihyo whom they expected to have been weighing the pros and cons ever since Nayeon suggested it. Thinking that it could actually help them strengthen their bond with their Onces by learning what they are like, their leader approved it.

This is one of the reasons why the J-line, Jihyo and Nayeon are now taking Basic English classes. The lurking was interesting on the first months, they have learned a lot about their fans and seen a lot of funny memes which Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung enjoyed the most, but as expected, they have also learned a lot about miserable people who do not have better things to do other than to hate on them. They have learned to dodge relentless but ridiculous comments on them, but tweets about how they cannot speak English affected them a little. Although they have seen that their fans are defending them, and although they know that they should not let haters affect them by making them feel bad about not being able to understand nor speak a language some people think as the sole basis of intelligence, the members took this as a challenge. And so, five out of nine are now taking Basic English classes.

Each of them thought of their own reasons as to why they decided to take classes: Nayeon wanted to surprise Jennie foremost, Jihyo thinks it could be utilized by the group, Mina just wanted to simply study because as she believes, learning is always beneficial and necessary, Sana was influenced by her fellow Japanese members, and Momo just have this urge to take opportunities for
self-improvement in various things. Sadly, until now, the feeling of inadequacy still persists within her system and it’s something she knows will be sticking around for a long time.

The five of them do not necessarily attend the same sessions; they take them individually, by pair or by group if their separate schedules would allow. Momo’s individual session just ended a couple of minutes ago. It is not undeniable that she is having a difficult time, so their instructor thought of a way to aid her. She was given an assignment to translate songs from English to Korean or Japanese, whichever she is comfortable at. On her way out, she saw Sana and Mina waiting for their scheduled session. She approached them and after a couple of chitchats she made her way home. She settled on their van and decided to do a v live. She was asked by a fan to give an advice on confessing one’s love, having little experience on the matter at hand, she wasn’t really able to help out. She never confessed, she said, not that she don’t have time to find love – she found it actually, it’s just that she calls herself a coward.

---------

Two songs down and one last to go. “Say you won’t let go”, she read aloud the last title of the song she is to translate. Eager to finish her task already, she started to translate the last song line by line. She thought that she is going to finish it quickly but as she learns what each line says, she cannot refrain herself from being flooded by memories of a certain person whom she don’t want to let her go yet whom she is afraid to latch onto.

I met you in the dark; you lit me up
You made me feel as though I was enough

“They are stupid, Momoring! They shouldn’t have eliminated you. You deserve a spot more than all of us in all honesty. Youu—you deserve this more than I do. I don’t want to continue in this show anymore. This is ridiculous, this is pointless, they don’t critic on talent. You are the epitome of the art of dance!” Sana said who is fuming mad with the fact that Momo was eliminated off the show. Momo on the other hand found herself on the room’s floor, crying her eyes out, heaving heavily through her lungs. Sana stopped her rant midway and settled on hugging her bestfriend. Sana spent the night whispering about how Momo is actually a great performer – things that are true – but doesn’t seem to matter at that moment because as far as the show is concerned, she is no idol material.

We danced the night away

Oh just like our song, Momo thought to herself and chuckled.

We drank too much
I held your hair back when
You were throwing up

Then you smiled over your shoulder
For a minute, I was stone-cold sober
I pulled you closer to my chest
And y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter