Hot Chocolate

Loyalty Card
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minjoo couldn't remember how many times had she visited this cafe. That is far too many times, and half of it was just her coming with her eager heart to see someone with the long curly brown hair, with tsundere cold face but is the sweetest as she smiles. 

She always leave the cafe with a heart full of warmth.

Maybe that's why Minjoo likes the cafe so much.

Oh wait –

Maybe that's how Minjoo falls for Chaewon.

 

"Chaewon unnie!"

As Minjoo pushed away the glass door that was separating her and the inside of the cafe, she called out as soon as she saw Chaewon, who was at the coffee counter, with her signature cold face on, her brows creasing as she made the latte art.

Minjoo went straight to the coffee counter and at the same time, Chaewon puffed out a breath she was holding as she put the barista milk jug down. The coffee was then sent by Chaeyeon to the girl who was sitting at the glass window seat with her head down on her arms on the table, seemingly like sleeping.

"Oh, hey, Minjoo," Chaewon smiled as she welcomed the younger Kim with a pat on the younger's head. "Are you done with university lectures today?"

Minjoo nodded with her eyes widening as if the eyes were going to pop out of its socket. "Yeah, I had a 9 am lecture and then the one at 11am got cancelled, so I came here. Ah, really, the lecturer could have given us another lecture because I don't want to deal with essays!"

Swiftly propping her elbow on the counter, Minjoo placed her chin on top of it and gestured towards the girl who Chaeyeon was talking to right now. "Anyways, who's that girl?"

"She's Miyawaki Sakura, studying in the same university as you, she's a Japanese," Chaewon answered as she cleaned the table top, lifting Minjoo's elbow out of the way before placing them back onto its original spot gently.

Minjoo smiled unconsciously when Chaewon and her had a little skinship. To be honest, Minjoo really likes skinship, and Chaewon's occassionally-occuring skinship just made her grins like a fool.

"And from what I'm seeing, is Chaeyeon unnie interested in her?" Minjoo asked as Chaeyeon's laugh filled the whole cafe at what Sakura just did.

"You bet. She gave her a hand-drawn loyalty card on the first time Sakura unnie came here," Chaewon chuckled, remembering how she'd did the same for Minjoo.

"The same as what you did to me when we first met here?" Minjoo laughed a little, enjoying the blush that was creeping up Chaewon's cheek.

"Hey, you did came back here, so I've gained but no loss!" Chaewon argued, her hand stretching over, trying to ruffle Minjoo's hair. "Anyways, since I'm free later in the afternoon, would you like to go somewhere after my shift?"

"Why not?" Minjoo wriggled her brows at Chaewon.

"Yah, you two need to stop flirting like that!" 

As the two Kims whipped their heads to look at Yujin who just came back from high school, still in her uniform, a playful anger look on her face.

"Andddd where's Wonyoungie?" Chaewon asked, her teasing smile present. 

"Unnie, I thought we've talked about this? Just give me time!" Yujin whined.

"Well you should be fast, god knows when Wonyoung will be taken if you don't act fast," Minjoo said with a laugh.

"Minjoo unnie! Do you know what type of girl Wonyoung likes? An athlete like me?" Yujin grabbed Minjoo's arm and swayed it.

Chaewon moved over to the side of Minjoo and snatched Minjoo's hand away from Yujin's grip, "Yeah, probably a stinky puppy like you. Go shower upstairs and change into our uniform. God, you really sweat a lot after your track practices."

Yujin humphed and made a face at Chaewon. "I'll get going, you jealous girlfriend."

"I'm not – we're not girlfriends!" Minjoo defended with the heat slowly spreading onto her face.

"Yet!" Chaeyeon yelled from the table from afar. 

Chaewon only smiled – yeah, yet. 

 

"Unnie, where are we going?" 

Being inside the bus with a route she was not familiar with, Minjoo asked curiously.

However, Chaewon just gave Minjoo a mysterious smile. "You'll see."

Minjoo pouted and Chaewon laughed, her hand found its way to Minjoo's warm palm, and repeated the same phrase.

"You'll see."

 

"Omo, this is...?!"

After an hour of the bus ride, Minjoo and Chaewon got down at a small town nearby a beach. The sea breeze constantly brought refreshness to them, and Minjoo was so glad they got to be out of Seoul for even half a day, away from the busy city that brought so much stress.

"A cafe that somewhat looks like the one in La La Land. A plus point for this is it's nearby the beach! Didn't you want to go somewhere relaxing? So I thought this is the best place to have...a date with you," Chaewon said, rather shyly when she reached the end of her sentence. She couldn't even meet Minjoo's loving eyes.

They weren't official yet, that's why Chaewon wants to make it special, a memory that they can cherish in the future, one of the best memories they'll make with each other.

Knowing that her unnie got shy, Minjoo smiled and took Chaewon's hand into hers, "Let's go in, then?"

Chaewon nodded and looked downwards to their interlocked fingers.

They're not official yet, but they seems like it already. Chaewon thought.

As they entered the cafe, they were mesmerised by how simple but cosy and lovely the cafe made them feel. It's only painted with white and mint colours, giving it a cool atmosphere, but the chocolate and coffee scents filled the space up and made the place feels warm.

The best part was they're also selling ice cream.

"What do y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter