Matcha Latte

Loyalty Card
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a peaceful weekend where Sakura was in her heavenly gaming set up room, playing intently her Fortnite.

And it wasn't until Hyewon budged into her room and took off her headphone.

Losing the audio, Sakura frowned at her computer, her fingers still on the keyboard.

"Sakura!"

"Hmm?"

Still not tearing her gaze away from the computer screen, Sakura hummed.

"Let's go out for a tea time!" Hyewon said happily, but then realized her friend wasn't paying attention to her. Yet.

Being a gamer, Hyewon understood that Sakura needs full attention on the game, but as hungry as she is right now, she's not having how Sakura wasn't paying attention to her.

Sakura gasped and—

"Hyewon, did you just turned off our wifi?" 

She pointed to her her screen with the word Connection Lost. 

Hyewon looked innocently at her, and nodded her head. "We can have a round after we come back."

"Come back? Where are we going?" Sakura asked, although she was screaming internally on the fact that she almost won the round she was playing, and the wifi was turned off.

She didn't feel angry, no, because Hyewon's a person who's determined to have her food, and not until she gets it, she won't give up.

"A newly opened cafe just around the corner. I want to have some cakes," Hyewon said, leading the older girl out of the room, not forgetting to grab her wallet on the way out.

Of course. It's because of the cake.

Sakura sighed. Hyewon's love for food is mysterious.

Hyewon walked with a blank face in front of Sakura, and Sakura couldn't help but felt worried.

Does she know the way?

"Ah, it's here!"

Hyewon exclaimed and Sakura jumped a bit, snapping out of her trance when deciding whether to use her phone to check the map or not.

"Enozi Cafe," Sakura mumbled. Hyewon pushed the glass door open and the two of them went in, with a breeze of coffee scent welcoming their first appearance in the newly opened cafe.

There was a high school student sitting alone on a two seated table near the corner of the cafe, writing on her homework whilst listening to music, a cup of iced drink present in front of the works she had on the table; Sakura had to say, the girl was breathtakingly beautiful.

And then there's a tall barista with a midlength hair, which Sakura noticed, she kept glancing at the high school girl sitting alone in the corner of the cafe; She had a name tag "Yujin", and Sakura thought Yujin looked like a high school student, too.

Then there's also an old guy flipping through his newspaper with a cup of black coffee present in front of him, which Sakura didn't take interest in him but looked away almost immediately after noticing his presence.

Snapping out of her trance the second time of her day, Sakura saw Hyewon was already in front of the displaying fridge with various type of cakes present before their eyes.

Sakura was sure that she heard Hyewon's "This is heaven", and saw her shining eyes upon the cakes.

Sakura was about to warn Hyewon not to eat too much (which she thought would be useless) before the tall barista Yujin called into the kitchen.

"Chaeyeon unnie! There's customers!"

"Okay I'm coming!"

A few seconds after the yelling, a girl almost the same age as Sakura, but she thought that she might be younger than her by one or two years, came out of the kitchen. Sakura couldn't stop herself from looking at the girl because her smile was making Sakura feels like she wanted to pinch them so badly. Not to mention that this girl with ash blonde hair was so beautiful. It was a different kind of beautiful from the high school girl, but Sakura couldn't find the suitable words to describe this girl named Chaeyeon.

On the way passing through Yujin, Chaeyeon fed her with a piece of freshly baked matcha sponge cake and said, "Eunbi unnie made this just now."

Yujin grinned, "It's great!"

Chaeyeon nodded, now standing before the ordering counter.

Chaeyeon was wearing a white shirt, with the front hem of the shirt tucked slightly into her black slim pants, a loose necktie hanging around her neck, same as the ones Yujin was wearing and Sakura thinks that this is their cafe's uniform.

She also had a name tag with "Chaeyeon" and a small feather drawn beneath her name.

Hyewon was in front of her in a split second, ordering almost all types of cakes the cafe had.

Sakura had to stifle a laugh when she saw Chaeyeon's confused yet trying not to be obvious face when Hyewon ordered so many pieces of cakes.

"So...a total of seven pieces of cakes - one blueberry cake, one Black Forest, one dark chocolate, one tiramisu, one fruit, one cheese, and one strawberry cheese cake. That's all, right? Do you want to add some drinks?"

"One blueberry shake, please," with one second of silence, and Chaeyeon was on the verge of totaling up the bill, Hyewon added, "Add on one scone and one croissant please, thank you very much."

Sakura almost choked because she had to suppress her laugh when Chaeyeon's eyes went wide when Hyewon added more food into her order.

Sakura waited patiently for Hyewon to pay for her orders and Hyewon gestured to her that she'll be sitting near the window seats and Sak

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter