Revenge

One Fluff One Angst
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N Whole one shot is Chorong's pov.


Description
How does a beautiful dream end up on being the worst nightmare in just a moment.

Foreword
Some stories doesn't have a happy ending. It's just made that way. There are stories where one of the leads die at the end. Some stories that made the couple break up in the end.

It depends on who is currently writing. Sometimes we just realize that some stories have a lead who's relationship kept falling apart but in the end, they end up together happily.

Happy ending.

But what if it's the other way around? If everything is perfect from the start to the middle. But it ended tragically...

What if the love, if it is a love story. Is just taken away from the leading couple.

It's not the writer nor the reader's fault but sometimes all we have to do is to accept it and move on.

There is this story of a couple, hopelessly inlove with each other. Everything just works perfectly as their parents set them up to get married.

Everything is just according to the plan. Things are just on its proper places.

But sometimes, the universe can be so cruel and unfair.

One person, fell out of love. She ran away with the person she truly loves.

Leaving a certain person in the worst situation. They are about to get married but the other party didn't show up.

On the other hand, the person who was left alone, was drowned in depression. Everything fell apart. Everything started to get mess up.

She asked herself then, why a person had to cry over losing someone, and why a person had to feel a pain for leaving someone behind.

How does a beautiful dream end up on being the worst nightmare in just a moment.

---------

One shot.

I wake up when I heard my phone ringing endlessly.

Bomi's mom calling~~~

I wonder why, did Bomi escape again? I can't think of any reason why her mom would call me but I answered it.

"Hello"

"Chorong." hearing the familiar voice, my brows automatically furrowed hearing the unfamiliar tone.

The tone sounds like from someone who just cried.

"She's gone." I froze with the statement.

"Chorong... She already left us."

My tears automatically fell hearing those words. On how I wanted to wake up from this nightmare. If I could just forced myself to wake up before I get drowned on my own grieving.

That can't be possible. We're just talking to each other last night.

"Chorong." the voice on the other line called. I'm just in the middle of realization of the situation but I forced myself to asked.

"Where?"

"I'll send you the address. Please stay strong." the voice said once again before ending the call.

As if that's the cue, my knees fell as I lost all my energy. I can't even stand up.

Shocking... I felt numb and lost. Still, I wanted to take up. If this is a nightmare, I supposed to wake up soon. But it's not happening.

Just when I gain my courage back, I rushed to fix myself and went to address sent by Bomi's mom.

Everything just perfectly work fine. What the hell happened?

As I entered the room, everyone's head were down. And in the middle is a white coffin that is perfectly polished.

There were flowers and lights surrounding the coffin and in the chair beside it, is where Bomi's mom is sitting.

Beside her is a large picture of Bomi, and that's how the memories kept flashing on my mind, her toothy smile, her annoying expressions, her voice, just simply her existence.

I slowly walked towards her as I held her mom's hand whispering a certain word that torn me into pieces.

"Condolence."

Her mom simply path my shoulder and lead me to her.

I glanced at her, peacefully lying on that wooden box, smiling as if everything is alright.

Her face seemed so alive and happy. I stared at her blankly, hoping and anticipating for a miracle to happen that she would come back to us. Come back to the world but of course, nothing happened.

She's gone.

"Bomi" a tear fell before I even stopped it.

Struggling to hold back the grief that I felt that time, my tears fell continuously.

And that's when Bomi's sister pulled me and let me sit on one of the chairs to calm me down.

"A year ago, she was diagnosed with a stage 4 leukemia. But she rejected every treatment that is offered to her. She act like nothing happened. Kept on living normal as she is." Her sister opened up.

"She ignore it as long as she can even if the symptoms are slowly showing up." she continued as I kept on staring blankly to nowhere but I'm listening.

I met Bomi in College as we took the same course which is performing arts. She was a dancer while I focused on painting and sometimes singing. Our love story is the typical story of meeting each other in school and ending up together as we graduate.

Everything is just perfectly fine. I got a job and she also got her own.

4 years of being together, I started convincing her to move in with me but she refused to. Not directly but she just said she doesn't want to rush things between us and I understand.

Our relationship stayed strong for years with just small problems and misunderstandings that we easily cope up with at the end of the day.

Until... Now... I got no single idea that she's sick. She hid everything from me.

She acted like everything is just fine and well. And she left me like this.

She didn't even give me a chance to take care of her. To be there for her.

Bomi's sister explained everything to me. On how Bomi pretended to be on a vacation for a month but never forget to call me every night.

Asking how's my day. If I'm well. Sharing her make up stories about her day when the truth is she's lying on the hospital bed for days because of her situation.

------

I gasped as I felt out of breathe because of too much crying. All I felt is just emptiness, numbness, I felt like dying inside but struggling to be alive.

Saying goodbye to her as she's already gone. I'm not prepared for this. I'm not prepared for any of this.

I am Chorong. And that is how Bomi breaks my heart on her first life.

 

---------

I glanced to the date today, August 13

It's been 50 years since she left me. It's been 50 years since I died inside. It's been 50 years of struggling to be alive.

It's been a...

Long time...

I frowned when I noticed the movie again. It's a movie about a girl who cheated on her fiance and left her alone on the day of their wedding.

Wait... Why the hell the plot is so familiar.

I immediately searched for the letter on my cabinet. After several checking on each and every envelopes there, I found it.

It was a random letter that I found on the street more than 50 years ago.

It's like a letter with just thoughts. There is no receiver, no name, no address. It's just the body the letter with random things written.

How does a beautiful dream end up on being the worst nightmare in just a moment.

A familiar pain hits me. After all these years I'm still grieving for Bomi.

Even if, I already met her reincarnation... Her second life...

That's it.

I don't know when everything started or how things get this complicated.

All I know, is that I'm not aging. I'm not getting old. My face and my body stayed as it is 50 years ago. It's still the same feature I had.

And that's how everything makes sense to me, I don't remember anything on my childhood. The last thing I remember about my life is when I'm already college. The day I met Bomi on her first life.

I don't know if fate is really playing with me. But one day, I met her again.

After Bomi died, I spent my years drowning myself in my room. I'm not gonna die anyway. It was the longest years of having my own grief and having no one to talk to.

So after years, I finally explore the world again. Only to see each and every person in my life getting old and one by one leaving this world.

And that is how I accepted that what happened to me is a curse.

I tried to travel to another country... For years I've been spending my days travelling without a destination. I avoided any person to enter my life again cause I'm tired watching the people I love leaving in this cruel world...

Sometimes, I feel envious of them. At least they are now resting in peaceful and comfortable place. While I'm here grieving and struggling to be alive as they left.

I decided to go back to the country, wondering of some questions like.

When will I die?

When will this end?

Until I met her...

She was working on a convenience store as a cashier. I was supposed to buy some foods as I recognize her.

"Bomi." I randomly stated in front of her.

Her brows furrowed as she looked at me.

"How did you know my name?" she curiously asked.

Nothing changes, she's still as beautiful as ever.

"It's on your shirt. Name tag." I simply stated as she realized her stupidness.

She laughed as she playfully hit her head.

"Aish... I'm so stupid." she whispered to herself but I clearly hear it.

I laughed with her sillyness...

And that's how our friendship started.

And that's when Bomi once again played a great role in my life. We started hanging out together, bonding, eating to different restaurants. Doing everything together like how bestfriends do.

She once again became that silly, annoying person that made me believe that I'm alive and living. She's the one who always encourage me that there is always good things despite of all the bad things that is happening.

She made me feel that I matter. And when I met her again, it felt as if I had known her my entire life.

She saved me from being wrecked.

But...

----------

I spend my years showing Bomi how much I lover her. It's my way of coping with the time that is snatched from me when she died.

And my years became happiness again. A year full of challenges, bonding. I can consider it as the most wonderful years of my life.

I can already see it. I'm down on my knee putting the ring on her finger. I was beyond ready to marry you. I can see the venue, the guest that we will choose, the flowers, the foods, the bridesmaids.

That perfect day.

That perfect day was already planned in my head.

Our perfect day...

Yet...

It never came...

Instead... One day, I found myself arranging things. Settling things up as you planned.

Everything was perfectly planned. The surprise, the ring, the message, the speech.

And in one swift moment.

You were down on your knees, pouring your heart to someone.

Someone who's not me.

And once again, I prayed. I hope that everything is just a dream.

How does a beautiful dream end up on being the worst nightmare in just a moment.

I hope that woman who's cryi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter