Hate and Love

Story Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Softest Ship

___________________________________________________

HATE & LOVE

 

 

It was almost winter. The kind of almost winter that is half way between autumn and snow, where the leaves are red and gold, and dying, and it is cold, but not too cold. The kind of almost winter when your breath puffs out in front of our face and soon disappeared. The kind of almost winter where it was
perfectly for you to have a walk a the park with your partner, hand in hand, while snuggling closer to each other. Its that kind of winter.

Yet, inside a coffee shop, Bunny Coffee House, there was a beautiful girl who was staring outside the window while stirring her favorite caffe latte. She was one of the regular customers there. In fact, the owner of this café was her bestfriend, Irene. However, she couldn’t have a chat with her today like they always did, since Irene need to drive her fiancé back to her hometown.

As she stared outside the window, her mind seemed to be drifted away to a certain someone. That certain someone that she missed so much.

“Ugh!” A black long haired girl slumped on to the couch opposite her.

She was a bit startled but soon smiled as she watched the girl in front of her, pouting cutely.

“Hello there. Nice to see you here.”

The girl shrugged. “Ya. Hello to you too, unnie.” She sat up properly as she waved to another girl who noticed and nodded her head while smiling at her. Soon, the girl came towards the two sisters.

“Hi, Yeri!”

“Hi Wendy unnie.” She answered flatly while putting her chin on the table. “As usual please.”

Wendy turn to look at the other girl while raising her brows.

Whats wrong with her?

The other girl just raised her shoulder up and shook her head innocently.

I have no idea.

The usual telepathy conversation between this two was a usual sight to see. The girls were pretty close. They were like sisters.

“Well, she’s all yours Jisoo unnie. I’ll be back with your drink, okay Yeri.” Wendy gently patted the girl’s hair as she walked back to the counter.

Well, Wendy was Irene baby cousin who had been
working with Irene since the first day she opened the café. The two of them makes a good team in managing the café. That’s why Irene didn’t have problem in giving full authority to Wendy whenever she had to be on leave.

“Okay, now my dearest beloved sister, Kim Yerim…” She chuckled lightly when she earned a glare from her sister for calling her real name. “Okay, fine,fine…dearest Yeri. Would you like to share the reason for your super moody attitude today?”

Yeri let out a heavy sighed as she looked at her sister. “It’s her.”

Jisoo raised her brows questioningly. “Her?”

“Yes. Her. The girl who annoyed me to death.”

“There are a lot of girls that annoyed you.”

Yeri held a second as she thought about it. “True. But she’s the only girl who really, I mean REALLY annoyed me!” She said it enthusiastically.

“Hm…I really don’t get it.” Jisoo replied with her innocent face. Truthfully, she already knew who was the girl that Yeri been describing but she decided to have a little fun with her sister. “Who is this girl?”

“UGH!” She groaned in frustration and stared at her sister for awhile. “Joy.”

“Huh? Joy? Joy who?”

Soon, she sighed and gave up. “Fine. It’s the girl who
annoyed me so much but somehow I feel attracted to her. That’s Joy.”

“OOOOoooo, that Joy.” She said it sarcastically while
clasping her hand together.

“Oh come on, unnie. Stop acting. I know you know it’s her.”

Jisoo laughed at her pouting little sister.

“Fine. I know it’s her. But, it’s fun to see you like that. Plus, I just wanna hear the somehow I feel ATTRACTED to her part.” She has a naughty smirk on her face while she said it.

“Unniee~~ It’s not funny~~~” She whined.

“Haha…okay, fine. I’ll stop.” She smiled and turned to look at Wendy who just came with Yeri’s drink.

“Wendy. Problem has been identified. As usual, it’s the love trouble…”

“UNNIE!”

“Ah...no wonder someone was in a bad mood today.” Wendy said teasingly.

“Ah, come on. Not you too Wendy unnie.”

Both of the older girls laughed at their cute little sister there.

“Well, I shall pass this problem to you Jisoo. Good luck!” She winked at her before taking her leave.

“You two sure have lot of fun in teasing me huh?”

Jisoo chuckled. “Well, you’re just too adorable.”

“Well, THAT is absolutely true.” She grinned.

Jisoo rolled her eyes upon hearing her sister’s word.

“Well, now…shall we proceed in discussing the matter that annoyed you today?”

She nodded her head with a pout on her face.
“What did she do today?”

Yeri took a deep breath before starting her stories. “Today, at class, the lecturer chose me to be the leader for my team’s assignment where we have to write a response to the, well you know that Tony-award winning play about the world war II between Wener Heisenberg and Niels Bohr. The one
where they actually discuss the idea of nuclear power and its control, the rationale behind building or not building an atomic bomb and—“

“Okay, stop!”

“Huh?”

“Just…Just skip that atomic or nuclear of whatever your assignment is.” Obviously, she had no clue at all about the things that Yeri just said. She was an ex fashion and art student for God sake. Well, THE BEST student back then. Somehow, she did get used to all those science terms since she has been surrounding by those science people, such as
Yeri.

“Oh. Sorry. Got carried away.” She grinned at her sister.

“Anyway, as I was saying…my lecturer, Mr. Kent chose me to lead my team on this assignment but someone oppose it.”

“Huh? Who?”

Yeri raised her brows, trying to state the obvious fact.

“OOoo..that girl who annoyed me so much but somehow I feel attracted to her…”

“Unnie!”

“Hehe…joking. So, she’s in your group again?”

Yeri nodded her head.

“She volunteers herself to be the leader! How could she do that?? I mean, she’s stealing the lime light for me. She’s trying to get all the attention to her self! UGH! I hate her!!”

Jisoo smiled at the childish act. She knew the stories between her sister and the Joy girl. Yeri always shared with her. And as and adult, she was matured enough to see and understand the real reasons behind all the bickering and argument between this two young girls. She slowly reached out for her hand and gently held it.

“Yeri ah…maybe she’s just trying to help you.”

“Help?? Unnie, she stole the position from me!”

Jisoo took a deep breath. It would be a long session
between them. “Look, Yeri. Tell me, other than this assignment, what are the other things that you’ve been working out as THE LEADER currently.”

She thought for awhile before answering her sister’s question. “ 3. My economic’s assignment. English debate…and…oh, dance competition.”

“See. You already got plenty in your hands right now. Do you think you can still manage another responsible?”

“Unniee~ I’m Kim Yeri. I’m capable of doing many
things.”

Jessica smiled at her. “Yes, I know my little sister is such an awesome girl. But, baby, think about it again. This past few weeks, I’ve barely see you at home. You came home late. You didn’t have enough rest. Those eyes…” She gently caress her face. “Those panda eyes. It shows how much you’ve lack of rest.”

“Well I—“

“And last week you hurt your ankle during your dance practice. But you’re too stubborn to rest that you’ve actually went to the campus to attend your assignment group meeting.”

Yeri didn’t fight back. She knew she was guilty of that. “Luckily Joy was there with you when you suddenly fainted due to your injury AND fever.” She purposely emphasized it to make Yeri aware of the situation. “Well, I don’t know whether I should tell you this or not but, that night when Yeri sent you home, she told me something before she left.”

Yeri was surprised with the unexpected details from her sister. “Wha—What did she said?”

“ I’ll take care of her from now on. I won’t let her fall sick again.”

Gasped was heard from the girl. “Sh—She said that?”

“Yes.” She said while smiling at her. “Baby, that Joy girl is not trying to make you life difficult. She may look cold. Rude. Harsh. But…trust me, the thing that you’re feeling to her, you know the, somehow I feel attracted to her part…she’s feeling it too. Everything that she did which you think annoyed you, if
you think thoroughly; you can see that she didn’t really trying to annoy you. But, she’s actually caring for you.”

“How—how can you be so sure?”

Jisoo smiled warmly at her as she glanced out through the window, where cars were passing by.
“Experience, dear.” She slowly said before turning her gaze back to Yeri. “Take my advice,Yeri. Stop denying the feeling that’s blooming in your heart. Stop trying to replace the love with hatred. Instead, try to follow what your heart is telling you…before it’s too late. Don’t be a fool like me…”

Yeri stared at her sister who slowly sipped her latte while looking back at the window, lost in her own thought. There was certain sadness in her voice when she said her last words. And Yeri knew the reason behind it. “Unnie…”

“I miss her…”

It was an inaudible whisper but Yeri could hear it clearly. She could see the tears that Jisoo trying to hold in.

++++++++++
-4 years ago-

“This is my seat!”

“Huh?” The girl got up from her seat and inspected the chair before looking back at her. “Nope. There’s no one’s name written here.” She said nonchalantly before sitting back on it.

“YOU!” She clenched her fist as tried to control her anger.

Seulgi quickly pulled the fuming girl away while apologizing to the girl.

“Stop it! Why did you apologize to her? It’s our place!!”

“I-I’m sorry miss. Erm…we are new students here. I didn’t know that this was your place.” The other girl stood up and bowed to her. She was about to give her seat when her friend pulled her down back to her seat.

“There’s nothing to be sorry about, Lisa. This is a private college and there is no such thing as my seat or your seat. We are here to study. Not to choose which seat we want to have. Plus, it’s a first come first serve rules. It’s her lost that she’s late. ” She said coldly without looking at the black haired girl.

Irene immediately came to rescue as she pulled her girlfriend as well as her fuming friend away from the girl. She knew that black haired girl wasn’t a very patient kind of person. She might hurt the girl.

“Yah! Kim Jisoo! Control yourself.” She said as the three of them took their place at the back of their usual place.

She turned to face Irene. “We always sit there. Everyone knows it. But that, bi*** takes it
and not feeling sorry at all! Ugghhh! I feel like—uuphhm”

Seulgi had already cupped as she looked
apologetically at the two girls who turned their heads around when they heard Jisoo’s whining. The girl, who acted cold just now, smirked at them before turning back to the front.

“Seul!!” She scolded her once Seulgi released her.

“SHHHH…Mr. Jiyong is here already.” She said as pointed toward the man who entered the class.

“Hmmpphh!” She huffed as she sat straight back on her chair.

Yet, her eyes were on the girl whom she fought awhile ago. The girl seemed focused on the lecture and once awhile she would adjust her spectacle. Despite being mad and annoyed at the girl, Jisoo just couldn’t lift her eyes of her. Somehow, she felt attracted to this new girl in class. No one had ever
messed around with her and today, she just got one. This new girl was surely gonna have to pay for what she did just now.

~~~~~

It was 2PM and the trio was on their way to the cafeteria for lunch.

“Uh-oh…” Seulgi slowly turned her head toward her girlfriend who had a worried look on her face. Both of them could actually read each other’s mind as they glanced at their bestfriend and then towards the girls who were sitting at their favorite table.

“Err..Jis—“ Before she could say anything, Jisoo had already stormed towards the new girl.

“Ya! You—“

“Save it midget. First come first serve. It’s your lost again” She said without even looking at the fuming girl who stood beside her. “And, don’t chu think abhout afologizing thu her, Lis” She added as she munched her hamburger. Lisa kept mum as she looked apologetically at the trio.

“OH YOU’RE SO DE—“ Once again, Seulgi came to the rescue as she cupped her bestfriend mouth and drag her away from the table as Irene apologized to the girls. They were struggling to take their fuming friend out of the café as eyes were starting to looked at them.

Lisa sighed heavily as she glanced at her buddy who was still focusing on her food. The girls were already outside of the café and the midget was bickering with the other two before walking away in frustration.

“It’s really not nice of you to do that.” She slowly said.

“And why is that?”

“They are our seniors.”

“So?”

”Gosh… Why are you being so ignorant? Aigoo… fine. Do whatever you wanna do.”

“Okay.”

Lisa sighed frustratedly as she continued having her lunch.
~~~~~

“Ever since she came, my life is a complete hell!”
Irene rolled her eyes as she heard the exclamation from Jisoo who was lying on the couch. She kept munching her potato chip as she watched the TV.

“Oh, come on Jisoo. It wasn’t that bad…” Seulgi trying to rationalize her best friend.

Jisoo got up instantly as she stared at her.
“Wasn’t that bad?! You said that it wasn’t that bad?? Seul! The first day she came, she already stole my spot in the class AND the café. Then, she stole the topic that I want to present for my History assignment. She always pretends like she didn’t hear me whenever I call her. She kept bugging me with
her pencil tapping habit. Oh my gosh, you know how annoying it was to hear the pencil tapping on the desk during the test?? Ughh! Not to mention how annoyingly she look whenever she eats. I mean, have you look how much that girl eats? She’s a monster girls. No, she’s not just a monster. She’s a demon in disguise!!”

“Yahh~~ That’s too harsh, don’t you think.”

“What? I’m just stating the truth. Luckily, we only shared ONE same class only. Oh, and today, she cuts in and park her car on the spot where I used to park my car!! And you know what she said? First come, first serve blondie. ARGHHHHH I HATE THAT GIRLLLL!!!” She took a pillow beside her and screamed out loud.

“I can still hear her shriek—oouuff!” She mumbled
slowly but a pillow was thrown right at her face.

~~~~~

“Ugh!! It’s you again! Why? Why do you have to appear in my life??” She said frustratedly as she walked pass the brown eyed girl.

“Ops!. I thought the princess would be staying in her castle during this winter time. But, I guess I’m wrong. “

Jisoo glared at the girl but didn’t retaliate back. Instead, she smiled widely at she approached the stall nearby. “AHJUMMA!!”

The middle age woman was startled by her. She hit the girl’s arm lightly.
“Aigoooo…Jisoo yahh…You almost give me a heart attack you know.”

“Hehehe…Sorry ahjumma.” Jisoo giggled as she wrapped her arm over the lady’s shoulder. She seemed closed with her. “Ahjumma~ Can you please give me 2 of your delicious and awesomeness hotteok” She said it cutely.

The lady smiled at the cuteness as she lightly pinched both of her cheeks. “Aigooo…I’m sorry dear. But I’m running out of it already…”

Jisoo sulked.
“I didn’t get hotteok again today??”

“I’m sorry dear. How about I give you jjinpang instead.” She tried to console the disappointed girl.

“Hmmpph…I didn’t get any hotteok for this entire week. You know how much I love your hotteok, especially during this winter. It’s my favorite.”

The lady sighed. She felt guilty. “I’m really sorry dear. I did save some for you few times, but it seems whenever I save it for you, you didn’t come to my stall.”

Jisoo saw the sincerity in her eyes. It wasn’t ahjumma’s fault and yet, the lady felt guilty for her. She quickly put up her bright smile again and wrapped her arms around her once again.
“It’s okay ahjumma! I can still have your jjinpang!”

The ladies smiled again as she quickly prepare some jjinpang for her dearest customer. However, unknown to them, there was a girl who was standing nearby, watching the lovely interaction between those two. She smiled to herself as she turned around and whispered.

“Cute.”
~~~~~

It was such a dead silent in the library. Every one was
focusing on their reading. At the corner of the area, where it was a bit secluded, there was a blonde girl who was sitting on the chair while busily marking the notes that were scattered around the table. And beside her, there was another girl who was sitting on the floor with headphone covered her ears and
MacBook on her lap.

Jisoo glanced at the girl. She let out a heavy sigh when she saw the girl who was extremely engrossed in playing game on her MacBook. Why out of all the people in the class, she end up with her for the assignment? She mentally whined. She took a small paper and crumpled it before throwing it to the
girl.

“What?”

“Focus!”

“I am.” She answered while pointing to her game.

“Ugh!!” I HATE THIS GIRL! She mentally screamed in her head as she proceeded with her task. They already have assigned each others task and
Jisoo determined to complete her as soon as possible so that she could start doing that annoying girl’s part. She didn’t trust her. She didn’t think that the girl would do her part completely by today.

As she engrossed herself in her work, she didn’t realize when did she actually dozed off. She only realized it when someone gently shook her. It was Seulgi.

“Hey, wake up.”

“Huh?” She rubbed her eyes and look at her watch. It was 10PM. She had been sleeping for almost 3 hours already.

“Jisoo. I think you’ve done enough. Let’s go home. Hyun is waiting for us in the car. Oh ya, by the way, your partner has gone home earlier.”

“What? Ugh, that—“ S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter