A Heart That Never Forget

Story Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

ChaeNnie Warrions wins

 

 

 

A Heart That Never Forget

 

A gorgeous looking lady walked towards her office while garnering much attention from people around her. She smiled at them which made them awestruck.

“Morning, Dr. Bae.”

“Morning Nurse Manoban.” She replied back with her lovely smile.

She got into her room and took her coat as well as her stethoscope which she hung over her collar. It was her first day at the YG Hospital and although it was just 8:30 am, she could see how busy it was. Few patients were already waited outside her office, waiting for their turn to be treated.

BEEP!

Her eyes quickly shifted towards her Iphone before she pick it up. Her lips curled into a warm smile as she read the text from her love one.

<< It’s your first day at new workplace. Wish you all the best!
Fighting!!
p/s: Love you so much! >>

“Dorky Seulgi. Love you too.” She whispered as she replied back the text.

~~~~
It was almost 4.15 pm. It was such a busy day for her. Yet, she still put on her brightest smile as she tended each of her patients. She stretched her body when her assistant, Nurse Manoban came into her room.

“Tiring day?”

She smiled. “Nah…I’m used to it.”

“The aren’t many patient now. Plus, Dr. Jinyoung can cover for you. Would you like to grab some snack?”

“Sure.”

~~~~
“Dr-“
“Irene. Just call me Irene.”

Nurse  Manoban smiled at her superior, impressed with her friendliness. She nodded her head. “You can call me just Lisa then.”

“Great! My first friend for today!” She said brightly.

Both of them chuckled as they walked towards the cafeteria. Although they just met, both of them seemed like a good friend. At the table, they were joined by Lisa’s friends.

“This is Joy, my dorkiest friend. And this is Wendy, my very on sunshine-ow! Yah! Park Sooyoung.” She glared at her friend who just threw her empty paper cup towards her.

“Stop being cheesy! Euww.. I can’t stand it.”

“Ugh! As if you didn’t being cheesy with Yeri.”

“Shussh! Shut up!”

Lisa stuck her tongue out and both of them started to bicker around. Irene laughed as she watched the good friends joking around while Wendy just played along. It was actually a common thing that happened whenever they met.

As they chatted, Irene glanced at the window where the beautiful park could be seen through. It was a nice park built for the patients. Suddenly, her eyes caught a glimpse of a young beautiful girl sitting on a bench by herself, staring into spaces.

“What are you looking at?” Lisa took a look at Irene’s eyes direction. Soon, she saw what the girl was looking at.

“Oh…” She nodded.

“Who’s that?” She calmly asked. Somehow, the look on the girl’s face made her wonder about the girl. Something seemed bothering the girl.

“I think, it’s my cousin whom you’re looking at.”

Irene snapped her head towards the voice. An attractive looking girl with a wavy black hair was smiling at her as she took a seat next to her. She could have guess that the girl was also a doctor by looking at the white coat that she was
wearing and also the stethoscope in her pocket.

“Hey, Jisoo!” Joy said as she gave the girl a high five.

“Yo, Park Sooyoung!” She grinned when the latter pouted. Then she greeted the others before turning back to Irene who was still looking at her. “Hi, you must be the new doctor in town.”

“Irene.” She smiled.

“Kim Jisoo. One of the neurologist here.”

“The best one!” Lisa interrupted.

“Nah…I’m not.” Said the humble young lady.

“Well, I’m looking forward to see it by myself then.” She said jokingly.

Jisoo chuckled lightly. “Well, you’re not so bad either. I’ve heard that you’re one of the best ER surgeons back in SM hospital. It’s really nice to have you here.”

“Nah…it’s just rumors.” She blushed at the compliment.

“We’ll see about that.”

“So…you said, that’s your cousin?” She pointed to the girl who still glued to her place.

Jisoo smiled warmly as the other girls stayed silent. They knew that it was better for them to let Jisoo tell the new doctor about the other girl who was also someone so dear to them.

“Ya, she is. Why?”
Irene nodded her head before looking back at the girl at the park.
“Nothing. Seems like there is something bothering her…as if…something is missing from her.”

“You have some time?”

Irene raised her brows, confused with the question. “Erm… well, I’m on a break actually. Dr. Jinyoung is covering for me. Why?”

“Great. Me too.” She took a sip of her coffee before looking back at her. “I feel like sharing a story to you.”

+++++
- 2 years ago -
“Yah! Are you sure? She’s not being call as an ice princess for nothing you know.”

“I know.”

“So? Why do you still wanna try your luck? Take make advice dude. Don’t waste your luck. Cos there is no such thing as a luck when it come to the ice princess.”

The girl turned to face her  buddy and smiled widely. “ I don’t care.” She said before skipping her way off to the car. She was not affected by her friend’s words at all.

“Lisa, stop wasting your time too. That chipmunk is totally head over heal for her.”

“Gosh! Why do I even bother about it?”

“Cos she’s our beloved annoying chipmunk little friend.” Joy gave an obvious answer as she patted the girl’s back before both of the walked towards the chipmunk who was already ahead of them.

+++++

“I don’t know, Chaeng. She’s a bit cold towards others. I don’t think it would be easy for you to get close to her.”

“That’s what I’ve told her! See?!”

“Oh, come on Jisoo Unnie. Lisa. Why can’t you two give me some support instead of turning me down?” She sighed dejectedly as she slumped onto the couch sat down beside the girl. She felt sorry for not being able to help her.

“She just got cheated by someone whom she adores a lot. Her heart is still broken. How can she accept someone, trust someone, when her heart was still breaking apart. She’s being cautious right now.”

“I’ll mend her heart. I might not being able to make it as good as a new one but, I’ll put it back together. She doesn’t need a new heart. I’ll give mine if I’ve to.”

“You’re just being ridiculous, Chaeng!”
Chaeyoung turned around to face her. “No. I am dead serious, Lisa. I meant what I said.”

Both of her friends fell into silent as they heard the serious tone of her voice and also the determine look in her eyes. Right at the moment, they both knew that this girl was absolutely seriously
in love with the girl.

+++++

She took the flowers and walked towards the dustbin. She stood still for awhile, glancing back at the girl who was standing not far away from her. Soon, the flowers in her hand were gone as she dumped it into the dustbin. Without giving a
second look, she just walked away leaving the girl watching her.

“It’s okay. There will always be tomorrow.” She slowly said as she picked up back the flower and smiled. There was no hint of giving up in her beautiful pair of eyes.

+++++
“Can’t you just leave me alone?!”
It had been 2 months since the girl started trying to get closer to her. Every morning, the girl would always come to her to pass some light breakfast and stormed away before she could even say anything back. The girl would also left her sweet notes inside her locker which she hate to admit that it made her heart fluttered. When she had to stay over at the library to study, the girl would always stayed and made sure that she reached her
home safely by following her at quite a distance.
Although it seemed creepy to have a stalker, she still felt a little amused to see the efforts from the girl. It seemed funny sometimes whenever the girl looked nervous whenever she glared at her. But still, the girl didn’t give up although she had been scolding and treating her coldly. Somehow, she felt touched with her sincerity. But, she was still scared. She was
afraid to be broken yet again. So, she had to put a brick wall around her just to make sure that she won’t be getting hurt once again.

“Can’t you give me a chance?” The girl questioned back calmly.

“There’s no such thing as a chance. Just leave.” She said coldly before turning around. But a hand stopped her and she turned back looking at the owner.

“Jennie Kim. Say it.”
She scrunched her brows. Confused.

“Just say it. Anything. Anything that you want me to do, so that I can get the chance.”

She was dumbfounded. She never thought that she would met someone who was so determined in winning her heart. Somehow, she felt so fluttered and touched. But her ego was still as high as the mountain.

“Fine.” She paused as her brain tried to work out something. A few moments later, she let out a wicked smirk as she looked at
her. “I’ll give you the chance, if you manage to do it.”

“Just name it.”

+++++

“She did it.”
“She has melted the ice.”
“Actually, they deserve to be together.”

Joy tilted her head towards Lisa. Her statement
somehow confused her.

“Well both of them are psycho for sure. One is the cold and crazy girl who made the craziest request. And the other one was absolutely had lost her mind when she agrees to it. I mean come on, who would wanna hike up at the small hill near the Gupabal Station at 2-3 in the morning just to take a picture of the sunrise!! I mean, it’s a set of grueling stairs for God sake! Not to mention the cemeteries there…spooky! Gosh!”

“Well, she did it anyway.”

Joy chuckled at her two dorky friends before turning and looked at the couple who was sitting on the bench, laughing and hugging each other. Both of them seemed to be in their own world. And she was happy for them. She truly was. She had never saw Jennie being so happy as she was right now.

“I’m glad that you’ve break the wall, Chaeng.”

+++++

Jennie smiled warmly as she kept her eyes fixed on the girl who was so focus on her paper works. She took the bear beside her and hugged the toy as she threw a paper ball towards the girl.

“Yah~ I’m trying to study here…”
“I’m bored~”

The girl turned around and looked at her whining girlfriend. Both of them had just started to live together, with Jennie moving into her place. Since then, the two of them had become inseparable.

“I’ve got an interview tomorrow. I need to prepare for it or else I might fail. It’s a big company and it’s not easy to get this kind of chance.” She said warily.

It was her dream to work at the Prime Architecture firm which was a well known firm.

Jennie got up from the bed and walked towards the girl. She slowly sat on her lap and cupped her face.
“Baby, you’re the best student back then. The most talented person I’ve ever known. I’m sure you’ll do great tomorrow.”

“You think so?” She was still nervous whenever she thought about it.

“I know so.” She smiled before giving a soft peck on the girl’s lips.

Chaeyoung wrapped her hand around her waist. Somehow she felt relieved. That was one of the effects that Jennie had on her.

“You’re the best. I love you.”

Jennie blushed at the sudden confession. Although they have been together for awhile, Chaeyoung had never failed to make her heart raced. Suddenly, she thought of something. Well, thanked to her chipmunk girlfriend, she now had become one.

“Hm…you wanna know something?”

“Hm?”

She leaned closer to her ear and whispered. “You look so damn y whenever you had that serious look on your face.”

A rush of blood came right away as Chaeyoung was extremely surprised with the statement and the seductive kind of gesture by Jennie. She gulped nervously as she looked at her girlfriend who was chuckling, enjoying seeing her redden face.

“Yah!”

“What?” She asked innocently.

Chaeyoung smirked as she tightened her arms around the girl and got up from her seat.

“Ahh! Chaeng!” She screamed as she held onto to Chaeyoung’s shoulder. Soon, she was gently placed on the bed as Chaeyoung crawled on top of her. The girl had this naughty kind of look on her face and
Jennie obviously knew what it meant.

“Wha—what are…”
She didn’t manage to question further, as Chaeyoung silent her with a deep kiss.

“It’s time for me to look at my wifey…” She whispered before gently kissing her again as her hands roamed onto the latter’s body.

Jennie let out a soft moan as she let her took control. “I’m all yours, Hubby…”

+++++

“Hubby, you got mail!”

Chaeyoung just showered and walked towards the kitchen where her girlfriend was waiting for her with breakfast all set on the table. She took the mail from her and gave a soft peck on her left cheek.

“Thanks wifey.” She said before sitting next to her.
As she munched on her bread, she opened the mail and a moment later, her jaws stopped moving as her eyes were wide open. Jennie glanced at her worriedly.

“Hubby? What’s wrong?”
Suddenly, Chaeyoung stood from her chair.

“Hubby??” Jennie quickly held onto her arm. She was getting anxious as she looked at the doe eyes girl. In a split second, Chaeyoung turned around and pulled her into her arm. She hugged the girl tightly and soon after, she was laughing heartedly which caused Jennie to get more worried. But before she could questioned her again, Chaeyoung had already
lifted her up.

“WIFEY! I GOT IT!!! I GOT THE JOB!!!”

“WHAT?!!” Jennie was shocked with the news.
Chaeyoung looked up as she smiled at the girl and nodded her head.

“Yes baby. I did it….”

Tears were slowly welling in her eyes as she cupped Chaeyoung’s face. She was so happy and proud of her.

“Congrats dear. You deserve it.”

“No…it’s us. We did it. I can never do this without you by my side.” She placed a soft kiss on her forehead.

“Thanks Wifey.”

+++++

It was past midnight. Jennie was lying on the bed all by herself. It had been almost an hour since she got home from her office. Being the executive of a fashion company was a tough job to handle. It was a common thing for her to come home late at night. However, it disappointed her the most whenever she came home to an empty apartment. Chaeyoung
always came home later than her. That girl was much more workaholic than her.

BEEP!

<< Don’t wait for me. I might be late. Sweet dream Wifey. Love
you. >>

She sighed heavily as she put down her phone beside her before taking the teddy bear and hugged it tightly. The teddy bear had become her companion for most of her nights whenever Chaeyoung was not there. Slowly, she drifted to sleep. However, not long after that she suddenly felt the bed dip as a pair of slender her slowly wrapped around her waist. She didn’t have to turn around to know who the person might be. The warmth and the scent were too familiar for her. She glanced at
the alarm clock on the side table. It was 2 am. She had dozed off for about half an hour.

“I thought you’re going to be late…” She slowly said.

“I plan to…but I can’t”

“Why…?” She asked as she put her hand on the one that were resting on her abdomen. She loved it whenever Chaeyoung held her like that. She felt secured.

Chaeyoung didn’t answer it right away. Instead, she pulled the girl closer to her before kissing her right cheek.

“Cause I miss you..a lot...”

Jennie smiled warmly as the words fluttered her heart. “I miss
you too.”

+++++

“Soyeon! I need to go now.” Jennie informed her friend as she gathered all her belongings. She looked extremely anxious.

“Okay. Don’t worry. I’ll cover for you.”

“Thanks babe.”

Soyeon watched the girl rushing her way out of the office. Soon, she was grinning ear to ear as she was so excited with the plan which Chaeyoung had informed her earlier.

“Good luck Chaeng! That girl is totally crazy about.” She whispered before continuing her work.

On the other hand, Jennie was driving her way to their home. Her heart was thumping and her mind was full of worries. She was extremely shocked when Lisa called her and told her that Chaeyoung fainted at work. Luckily, the tall girl was there to
help her as she brought the girl back home.

“I told her not to overwork herself. Look what had happened now.” She was really upset with Chaeyoung who always disregard about her health and focused more on her work instead. However, she couldn’t hold her tears as it drop down on her
face. “Hubby, please hang on. I’m on my way now…God please… don’t let anything bad happen to her…”

20 minutes later, she finally reached her apartment. She quickly took out the keys and pushed the door open.
“Hubby?!” She called as she rushed her way into the house.

However, she stopped midway once she realized the difference of the place. The whole house was dimmed. There are candles on the floor, making a path towards somewhere. She frowned as she looked around her, trying to find anyone.

“Ch—Chaeng?” She slowly called. Yet, she didn’t receive any answer. Thus, she decided to follow the candles path which soon brought her to the living room.

There, stood a young beautiful girl wearing a casual outfit and a bouquet of roses in her hand. The girl was smiling so mesmerizing as she slowly made her way towards the dumbfounded girl.

“Cha—“
“Shh…”

Chaeyoung quickly silent the girl. Slowly, she took the girl hand and kissed them gently before placing the roses in her hands. She looked up and stared into her eyes lovingly as she smiled warmly at her.

“I’ve always told you that I’ve fall for you from the first time that I saw you. But, have you ever wonder when was it? When was the first time I saw you?”

Jennie slowly shook her head.

“Remember that day, you were sitting alone by yourself on the bench near the lake? You were crying your heart out. And suddenly it rained but you just sat still, getting soaked by the rain?”

Her eyes went wide open as she remembered those memories. It was a bit blurred for her but somehow she managed to recall back the incident where there was a girl who suddenly appeared and covered her with her jacket. She didn’t bother to see who it was as she sat there and let the girl got soaked instead.

Chaeyoung let out a soft chuckled. “Ya…I know. Shocking huh? You were so cruel you know. Letting me soaked.” She tapped Jennie’s cute nose.

“I-I…“
“It’s okay…I don’t really mind actually. Hm…That day I was having a walk at the park when I saw a beautiful girl sitting by herself, sobbing hard, with puffy eyes…I don’t know why but I felt hurt just by looking at that sight. I came closer to you but I
don’t have the courage to be near you. I just stood from a far and watched you. And when it rained, I have the urge to protect you.”

Jennie stared at her girlfriend in disbelief. She never thought that the girl who helped her that day was Chaeyoung. The girl who stood still until the rained stopped was none other than her own girlfriend. She silently scolded herself for not even taking a
glance towards her savior that day. She knew how rude she was that day.

Tears have started to well up in her eyes. She was extremely touched by Chaeyoung’s confession. The girl has been protecting her for so long but she never realized that.

“Wifey…” She softly called her as she slowly got down on her knee while still holding on to Jennie left hand. “Since that day, I’ve lost my heart to you. I’ve fallen for you. And I’ve the urge of wiping those tears of your faces and protect your fragile heart from any harm.” She looked down as she chuckled lightly. “Yes, I sound so silly right now. But, I don’t
care. I don’t care if people call me a fool. Cause all I care about is you. I—I love you so much that I can never thought of being with anyone else other than you."

Jennie cupped , trying to control herself from sobbing. Yet, the tears that she had been holding on had already fell on her face.

“So…” Chaeyoung nervously took out a cute little white box from her pocket. She slowly opened it and revealed a beautifully cut diamond ring. “Jennie Kim…will you be mine?”

No words could actually describe the feeling that she felt that time. The honesty, the pure, the innocent, the care…everything that Chaeyoung showed to her was something that she could never
ever find it anywhere. She lunged onto Chaeyoung’s arm and hugged the girl tightly as she cried harder in her arms.

“I—I’m always yours.”

+++++

-A year after-

“Wifey? Are you done yet? We are going to be late.”

Jennie eyes were scanning around the room as she tried to find her watch.

“Wifey?” Chaeyoung came into the room and found her wife walking here and there. “What are you doing?”

“I can’t find my watch.”

Chaeyoung frowned as she walked over to the side table beside their bed. She pulled out the drawer and took a watch out of it.

“Oh God! I’ve been looking for it like crazy! How can it be there?” Jennie exclaimed as she walked towards Chaeyoung and took the watch from her hand. “Thanks Hubby. Let’s go.” She said before placing a soft kiss on her left cheek.

Chaeyoung stood still as she watched her wife walked out of the room. Something bothered her.

“You always keep your watch in this drawer…” She slowly whispered.

“Hubby! Hurry up!”

“Huh? Oh, ya. I’m coming.”

+++++

“What are you watching?”

“Huh? Oh. Stairways to heaven.”

She pouted. “It’s such a sad story.”

“It is and—“ She paused as she smell something burnt. “Wifey, aren’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter