Warm

Fire-lilies and rose mallow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: This is not proofread sorry ><

Leaning over the middle console, he pressed a soft kiss onto Junmyeons cheek before quickly grabbing for the door handle and getting out of the car. In his hurry, he completely forgot to give Junmyeon his jacket back.

“Thank you for the evening. Good night Junmyeon hyung. Get home safe and sleep well.”

Sehun rushed out his words, closing the car behind himself, giving Junmyeon no time to react and hurried into his apartment.

That night he had trouble falling asleep, Junmyeons jacket laying over the back of his office chair in his room, taunting him.

His phone was turned face down on his nightstand as Sehun refused to acknowledge it.

His mind kept replaying the soft kiss, a blush periodically spreading over his cheeks. 

Was it normal to get so giddy about a simple kiss to the cheek? Especially if he were the one to give it? 

Sehun shook his head twice and pressed it into the cool pillow. He tried to will his mind to just stop thinking, squeezing his eyes shut until he saw little stars dancing. 

The duvet hugged his body, a comforting weight as his mind ran in circles.

The more Sehun tried not to think of the happenings of the night, the stronger the memories played behind his eyelids. 

After tossing and turning for what felt like hours but were probably minutes, Sehun gave up on simply falling asleep. 

A soft tap to his nightlamp, and his room was engulfed by soft warm light. He pulled his laptop from the floor beside his bed, setting it up.

If he couldn’t get Junmyeon out of his mid, he might as well spend some time watching his favourite movie. 

With Junmyeon as the lead, naturally.

~

In the morning, after three coffees and some waffles, Sehun felt awake enough to brave the world after his binge watching that had lasted into the early hours of the morning. 

Who needed sleep right?

~

Over the next few days, Sehun and Junmyeon started texting more often, about all kinds of things. Sometimes, Junmyeon would send Sehun pictures of the bouquets he found around set or the office. In turn Sehun would send cute cat-memes to Junmyeon. 

On wednesday, Junmyeon asked Sehun if he would like to go on another date.

The day had been long, for Sehun and Junmyeon both. Sehun had opened the shop alone, and with spring in full swing, it had been packed with people. Everyone was out looking for a splash of colour to decorate their living space. 

Junmyeon had some kinds of meetings to attend about the new Drama as well as some role he had not lost a word about to Sehun.

So, when Sehuns phone rang at 9pm, the male had been very inclined not to answer. He was already lounging on his sofa, wearing his favourite sweats, chinese takeout sitting on his tummy and warming him thought the thick fabric of his black jumper.

Sehun glanced at his phone blinking away on the coffee table, just out of reach for him. Well, if he didn’t move that were.

A few seconds ticked by, the blinking persistent. He couldn’t see who was calling from his position, but anyone calling that late… Well, it could be…

With a groan he snatched his phone, almost falling from his sofa in the process, and answered the call.

“Yes?”

“Sehun-ah?”

“Oh, Junmyeon hyung!”

Sehun immediately perked up, sitting straighter, the container safely placed on the table next to camilla. The annoyance from before had dispersed like mist on a summer morning, a fond smile replacing it. 

“Sorry, I’m calling so late. I hope it isn’t of any inconvenience?”

“No, it’s fine. I was just eating some dinner. There’s a show about the rainforest now, but I’ve already seen it so it’s okay.” Sehun heard a soft chuckle over the line, the warm sound spreading a pleasant feeling in his tummy. 

“I’m glad then. Listen, my meetings for tomorrow afternoon got cancelled. I know this is kind of very last minute but I was hoping you would like to come around? I mentioned the greenhouse last time…” 

Junmyeon did not get to finish his sentence before Sehun had already agreed, excitement palpable in his voice. 

“I’d love to! I really want to see what you grow there, Hyung!” Sehun was almost bouncing on his seat by now, his phone clutched tightly to his ear.

Kyungsoo could run the shop alone tomorrow afternoon, he knew the student was on duty. 

“Great! Would you like to come in the late afternoon? Then we could have a stroll around the garden and greenhouse first, and after I could cook you dinner?”

‘Be still my fragile heart’. Sehun clutched his chest, blinking at Camilla. Junmyeon, cooking for him. He might as well just admit he were the most perfect man out there.

Sehun didn’t care that he was being dramatic.

“Dinner?”

If his voice sounded a bit thin and breathy, both of them ignored it.

“Yes, if you’d like? I’m no extraordinary cook but I would love to cook for you.”

Sehun nodded eagerly before realizing Junmyeon couldn’t see him. “I would love that, really.”

“Fantastic. Say, you come around at five? Does that work for you?”

“Five sounds perfect.” Sehun agreed with a soft hum, already contemplating on what to wear. At least this time around it would be an obviously casual setting, and with that his wardrobe would grant more options. 

“Great. Shall I send you a driver?”

“Oh, no.” Sehun waved a hand in the air in denial, too preoccupied to realize that Junmyeon still couldn’t see him. “Don’t worry about it. If you send me the address I can come by myself. Or better, tell me the nearest bus station?”

“I’m afraid that’s not really an option, Sehun-ah. The next stop is quite a walk.”

“Oh…” Sehun hummed softly, his left pointer finger starting to rub along his bottom lip. He didn’t have a car, even if he had gotten his license, and he didn’t know anyone that did and could lend it to him on such short notice. One usually didn’t need a car in Seoul. 

“I could just come by taxi…”

Junmyeon hummed softly in agreement, even if he didn’t sound too excited about that option.

“If that suits you better, sure.”

Sehun agreed. He didn’t really want Junmyeon to go out of his way to fetch him. Plus, it made him feel weird somehow. He couldn’t really explain the feeling, but the fact that someone would drive to pick him up simply because he wanted to be… It didn’t sit all too well with him. 

He was independent and liked it that way. He’d worked hard to get to this point. Maybe he was projecting things onto it, but making his way on his own was far more comfortable to him. 

Junmyeon gave him the address, as well as the passcode for the front gate to be let through. 

If anyone would have told Sehun just a month ago that he would not only know Kim Junmyeons address but would also be invited for a second date there, he would have laughed at them. Blushed too, sure, and maybe imagined it for a moment. But he would have never really believed them.

And, now here he was. Planning on what to wear for said second date, contemplating if Baekhyuns ‘ me’ pants were one too many. They probably were for simple dinner and walking around the garden… Plus, he didn’t want to ruin them, and knowing himself, he would probably not be able to resist just a tiny bit of gardening if the chance arose. 

They talked for a bit longer, until Sehuns jawns were too frequent to ignore. Later that night, Sehun fell asleep with excitement pooling in his stomach and a smile on his lips. 

~

The ride in the cab took longer than expected. Sehun was sitting in the back, hands twisting at the soft knitted fabric of his sleeves, stretching it. 

They flew past Seoul; people, cars and buildings alike. Sehun didn’t really know the part Junmyeon lived in, had never had a reason to go there before. It was of old and new villas alike, western as well as traditional. He didn’t know what to expect of Junmyeons. 

Some new pop song was playing on the radio quietly, filling the cab along with Sehuns nervous tension. 

When they pulled into a driveway, curling along and guarded by tall green trees. A little guardshouse was at the massive iron gates, a bored looking man sitting inside. The cab pulled up to the gate as far as possible, and Sehun let down the window.

After giving the man the code and signing some entry form, Sehun felt like a spy in some action movie, the man opened the gate for them and they drove up to the house.

Sehun got out after paying with a soft thanks, turning to stand in front of the house.

It looked like a traditional build, one floor and beautiful wood accents, small stone stairs leading up to what Sehun suspected to be the front door. 

It was big, for a traditional house, but nowhere near as massive as Sehun had first expected. He didn’t really know why he had imagined something along the lines of Versailles. It was silly, he knew.

Though Junmyeon did looked like royalty to him. 

Taking a deep breath, Sehun squared his shoulders and climbed up the stairs, stopping in front of the door. He rang the doorbell once, then took a step back and waited patiently. 

Junmyeon pulled the door open after just a few moments, surprising Sehun. He hadn’t expected him to be so fast, and honestly, kind of that some butler would open up to him. 

“Sehun-ah. Welcome! Come in.”

Junmyeon stepped to the side immediately, gesturing for Sehun to come inside. 

The actor looked good, dressed similarly to Sehun, black jeans and a comfortable hoodie. His hair was unstyled, framing his face in fluffy, soft looking locks. Sehun felt the sudden urge to brush his fingers through it. As his face traced Junmyeons features he remembered the soft kiss in a flash, the way Junmyeons skin had felt under his lips.

He looked away quickly to evade temptation, instead taking in what he could see of the house.

The outside betrayed the interior. 

It looked modern and new, held in soft greys and browns. It looked expensive, for lack of better word.

“You can leave your shoes here if you like. There are some soft slippers for you here.”

Junmyeon placed a pair of fluffy slippers before Sehuns feet, crouching to do so and smiling up at the young male from his position. 

It certainly didn’t help with Sehuns thoughts. 

His hands were twisting at the sleeves again, forgoing scratching at skin this time around. 

“Thanks.”

He refused to look shy, to act shy. He was a grown man.

Grinning at Junmyeon he willed his feelings down, wrestling them to the back of his mind. No use being distracted all evening. At least that was what he told himself. 

“Come on, let me give you a quick tour.”

Junmyeon was already leading the way and Sehun was quick to follow, looking around in obvious interest. 

The entry opened into a wide sitting and living area, an open kitchen to the right, sofas and a tv to the left. The far wall was lined with what looked like glass sliding doors, giving a fantastic view of the garden behind the house. 

“This is living room and kitchen, then down that way you have my room, a guest room, both with attached bathrooms and a tea ceremony room.”

Sehuns eyes widened at that, his curiosity obvious. Junmyeon shrugged, a small smile on his lips.

“When I bought the property it was still a traditional house in the real sense of it. I liked it but it wasn’t always comfortable so I redid a lot except for the structure and that tea room. I like the atmosphere in it.”

“Do you know how to properly brew teas then?”

Junmyeon nodded, grinning. 

“When I got the house, at first I didn’t know anything about it. With research however, I found it to be very beautiful and peaceful. Did you know that there is a ceremony for the king, that lasts for hours and only the king gets served in the end? And he doesn’t even drink it, incase it were poisoned.”

Sehun shook his head, fascinated by what Junmyeon had told him. He knew little of history all together, his teacher hadn’t been his favourite if he were honest. But he couldn’t help but think that he would have loved it, if Junmyeon had been his teacher instead.

Then again he might not have paid a lot of attention, with his teacher looking like that.

It probably would have turned out the same either way then. 

Junmy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter