Interesting arrangements

Fire-lilies and rose mallow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N
Hello everyone :D

The first part of my Seho story is finally here :3
I hope you enjoy it and please let me know what you think ;)
Comment make an author go on, after all hehe

 

 

One of those days Sehun was going to kill Baekhyun. He was going to pull his hair and hide his favourite pair of pants. That would teach that butthead.

Well, okay, he’d have to get up and do it. And that required straightening up from the crouched over position over his counter. And that was not something Sehun was physically capable of doing in this very moment.

So, looked like revenge would have to wait until he didn’t feel like his insides would be liquefying with the next step. Which meant, for now all Sehun could do was lay over his counter, blink at Camilla and pity himself.

The morning was slower than usual, having only had two customers so far. Technically, Sehun had cleaning up to do, but in his state, he was glad he hadn’t dirtied the floor with his dinner.

Thankfully, his store was quiet, the radio turned off, the only sound being Sehuns pained pants as he tried to will the nausea down. He was never ever drinking with Baekhyun again.

Well, he’d said that the last time too. And the time before. And… whatever.

Sehun turned his head to press his other cheek against the cool countertop, now facing the wall lined with different bouquets and potted plants.

Sehun really loved his shop. He had put a lot of work into it, saving money from every job he had been able to find, legal or… not exactly. College, or the two years he had attended at least, had been hell. And Sehun could not be any prouder of his little shop than he already was. In more ways than one, it had saved him after all.

Apparently being hungover now made him sentimental.

With a sigh, he finally pushed himself up. He still had stuff to do, even if he’d rather be laying at home on his ratty couch and watch some nature documentaries on Netflix.

The cool surface had helped him calm down at least somewhat and now Sehun didn’t feel like throwing up right away. Maybe the painkillers had finally kicked in.

Grabbing the bucket of freshly cut flowers that had arrived that very morning, he started looking around the shop to decide what to put in this red and white bouquet. He always winged all of his bouquets, and this bride had only asked for one specific flower.

Picking different types of lilies, all in the colour range from white to red, Sehun also grabbed some green fern, baby’s breath and myrtle to fill the arrangement in. He gently placed all the picked flowers in a bucked of nourishing water, the fire lilies standing out with their unique colour and shape.

Just as he was starting to arrange the basics, the little bell over his door rung.

Being with his flowers had almost made Sehun forget that he had the worst handover, the little sound enough to set the pounding off once more.

He was going to at the very least steal Baekhyuns beret.

Forcing a smile on his lips, that Sehun hoped didn’t look like he was having constipations, he faced the next customer of the day.

He cradled the fire lily still in his hands, holding the flower crown as if it were an infants’ head, gentle and careful.

His eyes grew wide when he recognized the man standing by the door.

Kim Junmyeon. Rising acting star and wishful imaginary boyfriend of everyone with a pair of working eyes.

Junmyeon was looking around the shop in wonder, his pretty eyes gracing over the flowers, pretty lips pulled into a soft smile, pretty hair falling gracefully over his pretty forehead.

Then he turned to the man behind the counter, directing his blinding smile at Sehun. Sehun felt his soul leave his body.

“Good Morning.”

God Junmyeons voice was nice and rich and soft and rich and warm and soft and… Sehun was positively distracted, blinking at Junmyeon slowly, like a cat. How could a human being look so fantastic on a Saturday morning?

Being Kim Junmyeon helped with that, surely.

Sehun laid the lilies down and rubbed his hands on his green apron, stepping around the counter and bowing quickly to welcome the new customer. That was what Junmyeon was. A customer.

“Get your together, Sehun…”, the boy mumbled to himself, head still bowed. Which turned out to be a pretty horrible decision. Swallowing thickly, Sehun straightened back up and tried to will himself to look calm and healthy. And not like a dying man. Working hard on not throwing up all over his wet dreams’ shoes.

The hand on the counter steadying him was just a coincidence. Not because he felt like he was standing on a rocking boat.

“Welcome to Hunnie’s Cave. What can I help you with?”

“Good morning. I’m looking for a nice bouquet, something special and pretty? I see your shop really has that down.” Junmyeon smiles, his head turning to look around the shop again.

“Oh…” Sehun once again blinked slowly at the male, brain sluggish and slow yet cheeks heating at the compliment. “Yes.”

A moment of silence passed. Junmyeons eyes landing back on Sehuns own, anticipating. Had Junmyeons eyes always been that pretty? Sehun was sure they never looked so bright and wonderful on TV. There was some gold in them, wasn’t there?

Junmyeon chuckled softly and let his gaze stray again, landing on the fire lilies on the counter.

“Those seem wonderful. Something special and stunning. What are they?”

The direct question ripped Sehun out of his staring, his eyes following Junmyeons own and landing on his half-finished arrangement.

“Oh... those. They’re fire lilies, I’m arranging a wedding bouquet for a client. They’re pretty rare, a special colour combination. I find them amazing…” Sehuns voice grew softer as he talked about the flowers, the appreciation and adoration for the plants clearly visible on his face.

Sehun was so captivated by his flowers, brushing his fingers over the large petals gently, that he completely missed the way Junmyeon looked at him.

“Then, if they’re claimed already… Do you have something similar? In colour mostly, I really love their vivid orange and red.”

“Oh. Yes, of course!” Sehun turned back towards the male, the expression on Junmyeons face almost making Sehun coo out loud. Holy , this should be illegal. Junmyeon had turned towards the arrangement, a soft pout on his lips as he looked at what he couldn’t have. In the meantime, Sehun was having trouble breathing.

How could a human look so hot yet so soft and sweet and kind and cute and…. Sehun was distracted again.

Shaking his head quickly, and immediately regretting it when his headache slapped back with full force, Sehun gestured towards the right-side wall.

“I could show you some bouquets that I have already arranged?”

“That would be lovely.”

Sehun briefly contemplated getting his sunglasses, Junmyeons blinding smile was too much for his poor peasant eyes.

Sehun gestured for the man to follow after he had placed all his flowers in water, walking up to his favourite wall in the shop. Next to the one with the single flowers, and the window with his favourite arrangements. One of his favourite walls then.

Reaching for one of the bouquets, consisting of orange tulips and red tipped roses as well as angels breath to make it seem more full, Sehun carefully pulled it out of the vase.

“This is something rather minimalistic but I think still powerful. It lets the individual flower stand out, making each one of those the star of the bouquet.” Sehun let his fingers run along the petals of one of the roses, almost petting it like one would pet a cat or dog, lovingly and careful.

Junmyeon had once more let his attention stray towards the shop owners smile, the soft and loving expression tugging at the actors’ heartstrings.

“It is stunning, but I was hoping for something grander. It’s for a special occasion.”

Sehun just nodded, carefully putting the flowers back into the vase, arranging the leaves so that they wouldn’t bend and have enough room. He then took a step back and let his eyes run over the wall, stopping at a rather voluminous arrangement. Reaching up, he carefully pulled the flowers out of the vase, now having to hold it with both hands.

“Then how about this one?”

“It’s beautiful. What are those flowers, I only recognize some, sorry.”

“Oh, of course! We have orange Asiatic lilies, purple alstroemerias, pink carnations, light pink roses, lemon leaf, leatherleaf fern and white daisy spray chrysanthemums.” Sehun explained while pointing at each flower, the bouquet resting on his arm like a newborn.

Sehun looked up at the other with a calm smile, the scent and feel of the flowers in his arms ridding him of any discomfort from his drinking spree.

“Very beautiful.” Junmyeon was matching Sehuns expression, creating just the tiniest indent in his own cheek. His eyes were fixed on Sehuns face, which in turn caused the shop owners’ cheeks to burst in a light flush.

“I really like the combination of colours; the purple makes it stand out.”

“I feel like there is a but coming.” Sehun smiles softly, cradling the flowers against his body once more.

Junmyeon rubbed at the back of his neck sheepishly, nodding. “Yes. It’s very stunning, really. But the fire lilies from before… something about them is just special.”

Sehun stretched to place the flowers back into their respective vase. He turned and gestured towards the counter.

“If you would like and have the spare time, I can order them for you.” Walking towards the counter, Sehun stepped around it and woke up his computer. Smiling, he turned to the actor.

God, Junmyeons face really was blinding when he smiles so widely.

“I have around one week.”

Sehuns expression must have given him away, because Junmyeons smile fell.

“That’s not enough time, is it.”

Sehun shook his head slightly, bottom lip catching between his white teeth.

“No, sorry. I can’t grow them here. We do have normal fire lilies, they’re actually not that rare, but these…” His fingers brushed over the petals briefly, tracing one of the specks. “… they’re special because of their colouring. They’re a mix of two or three kinds, no one knows for sure. And I know of only one supplier.”

God, Junmyeon was pouting again. It tugged at Sehuns heart in ways he definitely had not signed up for. No wonder the man was such a great actor, he was beautiful even when disappointed.

It was quiet for a moment, Sehun looking at Junmyeon while he looked at the flowers with an unreadable expression.

“I’m sorry….”

Sehuns voice was soft, almost inaudible. He really felt sorry, he hated to disappoint his customers. But he had promised those flowers already, and the woman was a sweet lady that had come to his shop since he’d opened. He wanted her wedding to be perfect.

Junmyeons eyes snapped up, blinking once at the man. “Oh, don’t worry. I’m just thinking where I should put them in my house.”

Sehun frowned, puzzled.

“But these are already ordered…” The hesitation in his voice was barely there. But Sehun had always hated not being able to give people what they wanted. It was the perfectionist in him. A side that had caused enough pain already.

Junmyeon nodded with a smile, confusing the boy further.

“Yes, I’m well aware. I’m not trying to buy these ones specifically.” His laugh was so very soft, it immediately relaxed Sehun. “I just really want those.” Junmyeons grin turned sheepish. Adorable.

“Oh…” Sehun blushed, embarrassed. Of course, Junmyeon wouldn’t be inconsiderate. There was not one fault in the man. Almost annoying really. Were Junmyeon not so sweet.

“But then, what about your special occasion?”

Junmyeon clapped in his hands, gasping softly as if he had completely forgotten why he had come to the shop in the first place.

“You’re right, I completely forgot.” The chuckle that escaped Sehun was short and sweet.

“Then, what would you like to do about that?” Sehun was still grinning, endeared by the males’ antics.

“Even though I love your arranged bouquets, could you maybe make something special for me?”

Sehun nodded quickly, hangover completely forgotten now.

“Of course. Here, let me show you.”

The left side wall was one of Sehuns prides. Like the rest of his whole shop. And he also believed it was one of the reasons why his shop was going so well. People not only had the option of buying premade bouquets but also arrange their own, with his help or without. Sometimes, families came here and let their kids pick. Sehun loved it when people got excited over flowers.

Sehun grabbed a bucket once more, filling it with water and adding nourishing powder. He then stepped to the wall, Junmyeon following him silently.

“Okay, so you can pick any flower, and arrange them however you like. I’d suggest not going over five tops for colour and three for fillers. I feel like more can make a bouquet messy. But if you want more, feel free. You can also arrange them yourself, if you like, or I can do something for you.”

While Sehun explained, Junmyeon listened attentively, eyes returning to the wall from time to time.

“I’d love your help. I doubt I can really choose the perfect combinations.”

Sehun smiled sweetly. He loved arranging combinations of flowers even he had possibly not thought off.

Holding the bucket with both of his hands in front of his body, he gently swayed on the balls of his feet, the water creating small ripples due to his movement while he watched Junmyeon start to pick flowers.

The first one the actor grabbed was an orange calendula, a full flower with striking colour. Sehun slightly raised the bucket for Junmyeon to place the flower into it.

For the next, the actor let his hands run over the petals similarly to how Sehun had done before, stopping when his hands landed on a yellow rose. He looked back at the bucket and then shrugged and pulled one out.

“How many flowers do I need to make it decently voluminous?”

Sehun shrugged, disturbing the water once more.

“It really depends on how many you pick in total. We can always add more later if you want.”

Junmyeon nodded, a thoughtful expression creasing his forehead.

He placed the single yellow rose into the bucket. Then his hands reached for the red and yellow tulips, the ripples of colour on the petals being something that had fascinated Sehun ever since he had fallen in love with flowers. It went into the bucket too.

Then, Junmyeon stepped away from the full flowers and towards the buckets with fillers, as Sehun liked to call them.

Junmyeons hands ran over some leather leaved fern, feeling the gentle texture of the small leaves. He seemed to like it enough, the vivid green creating a fantastic backdrop to the stark colours.

He picked a group of feverfew daisies, the small bud a cute accentuation to the bigger flowers already in the bucket. The last added were three leaves of variegated pittosporum, which Sehun could only assume were picked to create an encasing for the lowers.

When Junmyeon looked down at the bucket he seemed more than happy with what he had picked. His satisfied smile warmed Sehuns heart, how own lips pulling to match Junmyeons expression.

“Do you think those will look good together?”

“I think you made a great choice. You obviously have a preference for warm, fire-y colours.”

Junmyeon blushed a little, his left shoulder pulling up into a half-sided shrug.

“They seem happy to me.”

“I love it, really. The tulips are some of my favourites actually. The combination of two colours in one flower…”

Sehun let his voice trail off, looking down at the bucket lovingly. It was the only way one could describe his expression.

“It’s beautiful.”

When Sehun looked back up, he was met by Junmyeons deep eyes, the kind warmth in them causing a soft tint of red to colour Sehuns cheeks.

The tall man nodded meekly and started to sway back and forth on the ball of his feet again, the movement almost unnoticeable.

It was adorable, really.

“Then… Would you help me create a bouquet?”

“Ah… Yes, of course. Do you want to try yourself?”

Junmyeon seemed to contemplate for a moment before he nodded with a childlike excitement. His expression turned cautious fairly quickly however, bottom lip pulled between a set of pearly white teeth. Was there anything that was not perfect on Kim Junmyeon?

Sehun honestly doubted that.

Leading the actor to one of the three wooden tables in his shop, he equipped him with an apron matching Sehuns own and a pair of gloves.

It was almost adorable how out of place that green apron looked over those clearly expensive clothes. But still, it suited Junmyeon. How unfair.

Sehun took the first leave out of the bucket, placing it on the white parchment paper laid out over the table.

“Okay, so what I like to do is place the flowers how I think they will look good together first before putting them in a vase and making adjustments. Something important to remember is that the bouquet can be seen from all sides, so don’t focus on the side facing us only. And the most important, of course… to have fun!”

Junmyeon nodded, listening like an excited student.

“Since these leaves are mostly used to make a little ‘wrapper’ usually, I think they would look best around the outside, don’t you agree?”

Again, Junmyeon nodded, his fingers tapping on the table, clearly anticipating. Sehun stepped away with a soft chuckle, leaving the actor more space.

“Alright, have a go at it. One last tip though, fillers are used more on the out seams and if needed to add volume in the middle. The daisies you picked would be good for that. Attention should be in the centre of the bouquet, so that is where you should probably place your colours. Well then, have fun.”

Sehun gestured for Junmyeon to begin, watching the actor pick the first flowers to lay out. And maybe, just maybe, he was indulging himself. It was not everyday that someone would come so close to a celebrity like this. And someone so sweet and kind too. Sehun still couldn’t believe his luck.

When it became evident that Junmyeon had picked too little flowers, Sehun went to get a few more, placing them in the bucket for Junmyeon. The actor thanked him with a soft mumble and sweet smile, focussing back on his task at hand.

After twenty minutes or so, Junmyeon seemed satisfied with what he had produced so far, the flowers piled in a little heap, covered by the large leaves.

Sehun had gotten a glass vase in the m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter